home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-14-2016, 07:30 PM   #41
MMC1
Grand Villa

Photos are starting to surface of the Marketplace Holiday Decorations including the beautiful centerpiece tree with nightly lighting ceremony. Unfortunately these are daytime photos but waiting for nighttime photos!
good news and excited!
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:34 PM   #42
MMC1
Grand Villa

Just watched the new show at HS on themeparkinsider.
Love the finale for Jingle Bell Jingle Jam... and crowd seemed happy! Nothing will ever replace OL but I am happy to see some of the new holiday celebrations for WDW and DL this year.
P.S. Theme Park Insider really knows where to stand for pretty good video content to share online and they get it posted fast!
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:09 AM   #43
sorcamc
Two Bedroom

as it was described, I was really looking forward to this and was going to pump the kids up about it. Now that I've seen the video, I definitely will not try to sell this as exciting. It's very underwhelming
sorcamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 01:34 PM   #44
JerseyAmy
Grand Villa

I think it will be more impressive when it's dark and the trees are lit up. Is it OL good? Of course not. Looking forward to checking it out when we are there, though.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:50 PM   #45
bobbafett
Grand Villa

I don't see anything that is stating this is a replacement for Osborne. Or a don't miss thing. Why is everyone coming down on it. It's just some trees displayed. Not a E ticket attraction. Just something in a shopping district.
It's just decoration.

I don't get the negativity. Sorry. Seems like many are bashing this....it's just some themed trees. Jeezz

Oh well....I know if I was in wdw instead of home right now. I would enjoy the trees a lot.
AKL 14, AKL 16, AKL/VWL 16

bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 04:20 PM   #46
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post
I don't see anything that is stating this is a replacement for Osborne. Or a don't miss thing. Why is everyone coming down on it. It's just some trees displayed. Not a E ticket attraction. Just something in a shopping district.
It's just decoration.

I don't get the negativity. Sorry. Seems like many are bashing this....it's just some themed trees. Jeezz

Oh well....I know if I was in wdw instead of home right now. I would enjoy the trees a lot.
this is a jaded crowd...too, i think the trees will be nicer in person than in this video, particularly at night.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, and Chippy )

Last edited by DVCERSINCEDAY1; 11-15-2016 at 04:31 PM.
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 06:48 PM   #47
bobbafett
Grand Villa

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
this is a jaded crowd...too,.
Yeah. I'm guilty of that too. But in perspective, any time Im in disney, even waiting 30 minutes for a bus at akl is better then being home. I try not to forget that.
AKL 14, AKL 16, AKL/VWL 16

bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 07:50 PM   #48
ealvarado8899
Two Bedroom

Quote:
It's just decoration.

I think it says more about OL than it does the trees. I think some people miss OL so much that anything new has to replace those lights. However, in your camp and have been wondering why the expectation was so high.
2009 - Off site - Christmas
2012 - Polynesian - October
2015 - Art of Animation - Christmas week
2016 - Purchase DVC!
2016 - SSR - Thanksgiving Week
2017 - SSR - June
2017 - BWV - June
2018 - SSR - March - Spring Break

----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 08:08 PM   #49
grayandry
Grand Villa

Quote:
It's just decoration.

I wasn't thinking of it as a replacement for OL. NOTHING could replace the OL. I do, however, think that these "themed" trees are a little bit sad. They seem so small, although I realize there isn't that much room at DS for a lot of extra things. Like I said before, I've come to love the decorations at Disney, and these seem to fall short for me. It's just my opinion, and everyone has their own.

But I will agree - If I was in WDW instead of home right now, I would probably enjoy them a little bit too. I guess we will see in 10 days!!
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 05:20 PM   #50
DisneyNY
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

It isn't quite what I thought it would be, but it isn't bad really. I know it would look nicer at night and I do like that they are bringing a lot of Christmas to Disney Springs! Silver lining and all
DisneyNY is offline   Reply With Quote