home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-13-2016, 11:29 PM   #1
Kmurf
One Bedroom

Default Disney Springs Parking Garages Full Again

We were surprised to see that the new parking garages, with a total of 8,000 parking spaces, have been full the last two times that we visited Disney Springs. Didn't they plan for all of the new business that the expansion would bring? Surface parking is still available behind La Nouba, as well as across the street at the WDW Casting Center, but parking there entails walking all the way down to one of the new walkways over the roadway and becomes a real hike.

According to one of the cast members, there are tentative plans for a third garage, possibly across from Disney Springs, but not until 2020. So the parking issue continues!
DCL Cruises - 14 and counting. Platinum has it's benefits.
Kmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:10 AM   #2
Princess Amy
Grand Villa

Crazy....in the 20+ times we have been in the past few months the parking was never even close to being full??!? We were just there a few days ago.....

1993 Euro DIsney, 1996 Disneyland Hotel, 2001 Disney Grand CA, 2002 Grand Floridian, 2002 The Swan Resort, 2007 Disney Paradise Pier, 2009 SSR, 2009 Disney Grand CA, 2010 Animal Kingdom, 2010 Beach Club Villas, 2011 Disney Grand CA, 2012 Disneyland Hotel, 2012 BCV and OKW, 2013 Art of Animation and Beach Club Villas, 2014 Disney Grand CA, 2015 Beach Club Villas, Fort Wilderness, 2016 Fort Wilderness, BCV

Trip Reports and Other Posts:
Panama Cruise
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30303
WDW Picture Trip Report
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=47299
Mickey Tye Dye Shirts
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32848
Matching Family Shirts
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=14
Princess Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:02 AM   #3
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

I've continued to park behind La Nouba -- not interested in the parking garages. That makes it a bit of a hike to Marketplace but that's fine with me.

I did take a bus about a year and a half ago. I made the mistake of reboarding at Marketplace, and it took *forever* to get back. (Wait 15-20 min for bus, drive 200m, wait 5-10 minutes, drive another 200m, wait another 5-10 minutes, and finally back to resort.)

(Hey, I finally clicked over to "Add-on Aficionado"!!! )

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:44 AM   #4
bobbafett
Grand Villa

I'm betting people are parking there instead of ttc
And then go to the parks.

Did it seem like 16,000 plus people were walking around springs? That's assuming 2 people per car. And do employees park there as well? And are some staring to park there when they couldn't or shouldn't before?
You are right, filling up 8,000 spots seems excessive.
AKL 14, AKL 16, AKL/VWL 16

bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:26 AM   #5
LOVINDVC
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post

Did it seem like 16,000 plus people were walking around springs? That's assuming 2 people per car. And do employees park there as well? And are some staring to park there when they couldn't or shouldn't before?

SSR OWNERS SINCE 2004
LOVINDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:18 AM   #6
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Is this at night time? I think they are definitely more crowded nights and weekend nights. In addition they are probably getting some who park there and go to the parks.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:37 AM   #7
OffToTheMouse
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post

I assumed this. Are they doing anything to prevent it? Are they allowing cars to stay over night?
OffToTheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:42 AM   #8
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

There's a reason I am not going unless I am at SSR. I love the Boathouse, but I don't want to deal with the parking/crowds to get there. It's a mall... there's nothing I can't find a home anymore.
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:50 AM   #9
Don Munsil
Grand Villa

I was there this weekend and can attest that both garages were full on Saturday night. And on Sunday I went over at around 11 in the morning to have lunch and the lime garage was almost full and had a line of cars slowly snaking through the entry ramps. And yes, the Springs was very busy. I could believe that most of the people parked there are actually walking around the Springs.

To be fair, it was a holiday weekend, and earlier in the week they didn't fill up on weekday nights. This weekend was amazingly busy throughout WDW. Epcot closed its parking lot at about noon on Saturday and started sending people to the MK parking lot. A CM said it was a "perfect storm" of a holiday weekend plus the last weekend of Food & Wine, plus Dapper Days at Epcot. I hope the Dapper Days folks reconsider scheduling it on a holiday in the future. But it was cool to see extra-dapper folks walking around all over WDW. We saw a bunch on the Boardwalk and they fit in like they'd stepped out of 1920's Atlantic City.
Don Munsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:33 AM   #10
lisacast
One Bedroom

As far as people parking at Disney Springs, a couple of weeks ago when we were staying at congress park in saratoga springs. I saw ALOT of people using the bus stop at congress park and then going to/from disney springs. (Sometimes like half the bus) This was my first time at Saratoga Springs this really did not impress me.

Owner since 2012
lisacast is offline   Reply With Quote