home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-30-2017, 09:54 PM   #1
Blowfish2014
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Disney Quest: what I miss and what I'm going to miss

With the announcement of the closure of Disney Quest to put in the stupid (imo) NBA junk, I got to thinking what I miss and what I'm going to really miss.
I miss the old days when you took a 2 minute ride on the elevator while watching the Genie from Aladin. That was a great way to start off the DQ visit. I know it slowed down things but it was fun.
I'm going to miss the virtual space mountain the most. I've ridden that so many times.

What will you miss?
Port Orleans Riverside 08, 13
Caribbean Beach 08
Old Key West 15
Bay Lake Tower 16
All Star Music 16
Boulder Ridge Villas 17
Port Orleans French Quarter 17
Polynesian Village Resort 18
Blowfish2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:19 PM   #2
Jcsquirrel
Two Bedroom

Default Dq

Is that stupid NBA Experience back on? My son really likes Disney quest. Who are they trying to attract with the NBA experience it just seems like such a strange fit to me. I guess maybe guys when the girls shop but the NBA. Maybe I just need to see it, but with all the things Disney owns this is really the best they can come up with.
Jcsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:21 PM   #3
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

We loved the Pirates of the Carribean virtual ride. I hope they move a lot of that stuff to Innoventions.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:17 AM   #4
Djohn06
Grand Villa

Since it's four of us we will miss the 4 player air hockey game and 4 player PAC man game. Glad we went two weeks ago. DQ wasn't great by any stretch, but it had lots of potential. I guess it will always be the Greatest that Never Was.

Djohn06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:22 AM   #5
GiantsNiners11
Grand Villa

I love the NBA, but am not enthusiastic about any NBA experience thing.

A makeover of Disney Quest would've been fine by me.
“Too many people grow up. That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget. They don't remember what it's like to be 12 years old. They patronize, they treat children as inferiors. Well I won't do that.” ~Walt Disney

Me(32) DW(31) DD(3)
GiantsNiners11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:27 AM   #6
nicsmom
Grand Villa

Will REALLY miss the Pirates simulator! My family loves that ride, it is wonderful family fun!!
nicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:30 AM   #7
Bigb
Studio

Loved the interactive games. My fiance and me enjoyed DQ. Just like future world in epcot, Disney just let this deteriorate. What we will miss the most though is pirates, space mountain, buzz lightyear and I really enjoyed seeing Ralph there. My fiance also enjoyed me playing mighty ducks, I don't think I have seen her laugh so hard at her big disney dork
Bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:34 AM   #8
Deirdre
Add-on Aficionado

Design your own ride.
It was fun seeing who could make wildest ride.
And the drawing lessons, even if they were also at DHS.

Facing a mirror you see merely your own countenance; facing your child you finally understand how everyone else has seen you. - Daniel Raeburn
Deirdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:41 AM   #9
Jedimom3
Two Bedroom

We loved the Pirates of the Caribbean simulator. We generally rode it over and over. The kids were never tall enough for several of the rides, so disappointed they'll never get to do them now. My daughter enjoyed the song maker booth, although often one or more didn't work.
Their very first experience with pinball was at Disney Quest. They'd never played it! Also fun to show them Centipede, Pacman, Burger Time, StreetFighter, etc...
Our last couple trips were disappointing as many of the arcade games were broken, the Songmaker booths were all broken except for one, and no cast members around to help . We could tell it was limping along.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:00 AM   #10
bigbahamadada
Grand Villa

Very, very little.

We liked the animation classes - but preferred the version at DHS before it was also killed off. I'm glad these have all migrated to youtube.

It was goofy, too small and didn't work very well, but we also liked to the Buzz Lightyear astroblaster bumper-car arena. I've never seen another bumper car experience that required such teamwork. My son and I had some seriously good times on that thing.
bigbahamadada is offline   Reply With Quote