home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-14-2017, 09:41 PM   #1
dandandat
Studio

Default Used Tickets Still Avalable?

So I'm getting a trip ready for my parents and im setting things up for them in My Disney Experience and I come to find that there are three tickets linked to the account from a trip my family took October 2016. 1 ticket in my name, one in my wife's name and one in one of my daughter's name.

We used these tickets (and another for my other daughter) back in October 16. So for the life of me I don't understand why they are still coming up as unused?

But even if it's not some app glitch they say they are valid through December 17.

If they are not a glich is there any way I can confirm that they are real? Call someone maybe?

And if they are real, is there anything I can do about the 2017 expectation?

Thanks for any help
dandandat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 04:42 AM   #2
Nickys
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandandat View Post
So I'm getting a trip ready for my parents and im setting things up for them in My Disney Experience and I come to find that there are three tickets linked to the account from a trip my family took October 2016. 1 ticket in my name, one in my wife's name and one in one of my daughter's name.

We used these tickets (and another for my other daughter) back in October 16. So for the life of me I don't understand why they are still coming up as unused?

But even if it's not some app glitch they say they are valid through December 17.

If they are not a glich is there any way I can confirm that they are real? Call someone maybe?

And if they are real, is there anything I can do about the 2017 expectation?

Thanks for any help
I would phone and ask. The only way they would still be valid is if they are non-expiration tickets. Could you have bought them some time ago and still have some days left? If not, it's a glitch. And if they are then the end date showing is a glitch too .
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:53 AM   #3
ktmo
Studio

Can you make fast passes with them? I would try to make some fast passes. If they are valid tickets, you would be able to make fast passes (within 30 days). That might give you an idea if they are still valid.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:01 AM   #4
dandandat
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
I would phone and ask. The only way they would still be valid is if they are non-expiration tickets. Could you have bought them some time ago and still have some days left? If not, it's a glitch. And if they are then the end date showing is a glitch too .
They where 1 day passes. I bought 4 (there where 4 of us) one day passes; so they individually where not linked to any other day ... So the 14 day after first use did not apply.

The experation is the long term ecperation puts on tickets. But I read that Disney may honor the cash value of the ticket toward another equal or greater ticket if they expire.

They arent forgot about tickets. That trip we went cheap and only went to a park (MK) twice. One day using these passes. And Once at night using an separate set of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party*tickets.

What's also odd is that my other daughter's ticket is not still there. It's as if she was the only one scanned in that day we went.

Who should I phone? Can I call Mouse Services or does My Disney Exp have it's own dedicated staff?
Old 10-15-2017, 09:09 AM   #5
dandandat
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmo View Post
Can you make fast passes with them? I would try to make some fast passes. If they are valid tickets, you would be able to make fast passes (within 30 days). That might give you an idea if they are still valid.

I can make fast passes with them.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:11 AM   #6
Nickys
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandandat View Post
They where 1 day passes. I bought 4 (there where 4 of us) one day passes; so they individually where not linked to any other day ... So the 14 day after first use did not apply.

The experation is the long term ecperation puts on tickets. But I read that Disney may honor the cash value of the ticket toward another equal or greater ticket if they expire.

They arent forgot about tickets. That trip we went cheap and only went to a park (MK) twice. One day using these passes. And Once at night using an separate set of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party*tickets.

What's also odd is that my other daughter's ticket is not still there. It's as if she was the only one scanned in that day we went.

Who should I phone? Can I call Mouse Services or does My Disney Exp have it's own dedicated staff?
Ah, OK. So you do remember them

Sounds like something's not right if one ticket is missing. Which means phoning, though KTMO's suggestion of testing them is a good one.

I think you'd need to phone the general Disney ticketing number, although I'm sure MS could transfer you. (407) 939 7679. - assuming you're in the US. Here's a link to all the contact numbers:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/help/phone/
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:23 AM   #7
dandandat
Studio

Thanks for the info I'll give them a call.

So to add to the story. This whole time I was on my fathers My Disney Ex account, since I was setting up his trip. My family and I are part of his frenids and family and he has full control of our accounts.

So to test the glich theory I logged into my MDE account directly ... and the tickets are there too.

I have been doing this through the phone app. So I also logged in through the websight. They are there too.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:26 AM   #8
Angel1123
One Bedroom

Pixie dust! That's the only explanation...
Angel1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:34 AM   #9
carolina_yankee
Administrator

It’s possible that if you had unexpired days left on an earlier ticket that they were used before the one day tickets you bought were used. So, the one day tickets are essentially unused? That’s a possibility. Pixie dust is a possibility. Disney IT being notoriously awful is a possibility. Good luck!
Old 10-15-2017, 09:51 AM   #10
dandandat
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Itís possible that if you had unexpired days left on an earlier ticket that they were used before the one day tickets you bought were used. So, the one day tickets are essentially unused? Thatís a possibility. Pixie dust is a possibility. Disney IT being notoriously awful is a possibility. Good luck!
I was thinking of that, but the last last time we went was is Sep 2014. So if we had unused days from those multyi day tickets they would have expired (14 days later) by our Oct 2016 trip. But those 2014 tickets where bought by my DVC members parents... maybe they got some deal on non expiring tickets? That would explain why my younger daughter doesn't have a ticket she was under 3 back in 2014 and didn't need a ticket.

But it would still be weird because we went with 8 people (my parents, my brothers fam and my fam) in 2014 and no one else has an extra ticket. We all did the exact same parks at the same time. All came and went at the same time... and I'm sure we use all our dats.

Very wired.