home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 11:28 AM   #11
flypwm
Two Bedroom

We were at the Epcot event on Dec 11, definitely a step back in time when you consider the rides there as well

It was great just to have the park so un-crowded. I could have walked around, not done anything else, and still had a good time. It was basically the Disney of my childhood, although we only went twice, both times in the fall.
flypwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:17 PM   #12
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

How awesome! I wish I could get away when one of the dates for any of the parks worked with the family calendar.
2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; PVB; VGF; PVB; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ AS; 1980s ~ FW, Cont.
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:55 PM   #13
Jedimom3
Two Bedroom

Sounds so wonderful and magical. Thanks for sharing!
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:54 PM   #14
Patricksp
One Bedroom

What we thought was a nice touch, when it was over Mickey and Minnie were on the train station balcony in their pajamas waving goodbye to everyone leaving
Patricksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #15
cali09
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricksp View Post
What we thought was a nice touch, when it was over Mickey and Minnie were on the train station balcony in their pajamas waving goodbye to everyone leaving

I just got reservations for January 28th!

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:38 PM   #16
djo
Studio

February 6th for us!

Was close to cancelling. Very glad I didn't!
Old 01-13-2018, 08:20 PM   #17
Wonderdog4
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by melk View Post
We went to Moonlight Magic last night at the Magic Kingdom. The best way to describe it was that it was like WDW used to be during the slower times of the year. About 15-20 years ago when my kids were little we would go the week before Thanksgiving or mid-January and it was wonderful. Little to no waits on rides, being able to walk the paths without it being wall to wall people, and not having to camp out to see the fireworks, or pay extra for a good seat.

We basically did all the rides we wanted to do during the evening with the exception of one or two. Granted, we didn't take the time to meet any of the characters but they had some rare ones out last night. I appreciate that they had free food and snacks which we did have but it was mediocre quality at best. But that's what I expected, so no disappointment there.

We literally walked into the hub at 11:25 and got a great seat on the curb in front of the castle. The fireworks were a great show, big finale.

One funny thing from the evening. We were in the stretching room at the HM and the entire room recited the spiel with the narrator. We were all DVC members, obviously we've all been there...a lot!

So my opinion was that we thoroughly enjoyed it, totally worth doing. It was definitely reminiscent of 'the good ole days.' Thanks DVC!
Thanks for posting! It sounds awesome. We will be at MK on February 6th.
Wonderdog4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:31 PM   #18
Disney54us
Grand Villa

That is great to hear! Many donít know the days you speak of years ago. They were great and truly magical.
Iím missing the 2/6 onewe are just going for a couple of nights but check out that day.
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 02:44 PM   #19
Patricksp
One Bedroom

I took my brother and his family and after the event he stated that because of this event he is looking into DVC, It was so fun not crowded at all. I really love how they have the older Characters, Like the ones from Robin Hood etc. I will upload the video of Mickey and Minni saying goodbye in their PJ's.
Patricksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:10 PM   #20
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Bummed that I am missing these events!