home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 04:16 PM   #31
Jedimom3
Two Bedroom

We picked Kidani for our upcoming stay in May for the extra bathroom. That is a wonderful , wonderful thing to have 2 bathrooms in the villa. I think on future trips we might have to start upgrading to 2 bedrooms at BWV just to get the second bathroom...
I very glad to read all the comments about the walk between Jambo and Kidani not being all that bad. We stayed at Kidani years ago, with younger kids, and we were under the impression it was too long of a walk between the 2 . We always walk to HS from BWV, and Epcot, so as long as it's not more than that, it cant' be bad.
I can't remember specifics, but our room at Kidani was a long haul to the pool. DH took DS one day, and said it was far, but who knows. It's probably perspective. We drag ourselves down the long BWV hallways all the time, so Kidani can't be too bad. DH doesn't like the parking garage tho. Found it was a tight squeeze to park the van and unload all the stuff. We'll see how May goes. I'm very excited to be going back to AKL.
Hoping for several good meals too but in Jambo for those.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:39 PM   #32
administrator
Ms. Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
We picked Kidani for our upcoming stay in May for the extra bathroom. That is a wonderful , wonderful thing to have 2 bathrooms in the villa. I think on future trips we might have to start upgrading to 2 bedrooms at BWV just to get the second bathroom...
I very glad to read all the comments about the walk between Jambo and Kidani not being all that bad. We stayed at Kidani years ago, with younger kids, and we were under the impression it was too long of a walk between the 2 . We always walk to HS from BWV, and Epcot, so as long as it's not more than that, it cant' be bad.
I can't remember specifics, but our room at Kidani was a long haul to the pool. DH took DS one day, and said it was far, but who knows. It's probably perspective. We drag ourselves down the long BWV hallways all the time, so Kidani can't be too bad. DH doesn't like the parking garage tho. Found it was a tight squeeze to park the van and unload all the stuff. We'll see how May goes. I'm very excited to be going back to AKL.
Hoping for several good meals too but in Jambo for those.
The walk to HS from BWV is longer than the one from Kidani to Jambo.

You might find that you enjoy the QS breakfast at Kidani, too (in Sanaa). And Sanaa is, of course, excellent for lunch and dinner, as well.

Enjoy your trip, especially the awesome extra bathroom. (When we go, we always get a 1BR for just the two of us. Eric has his bathroom; I have mine. Yes, I'm spoiled.)
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:39 PM   #33
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
we only stayed one night at Kidani in a 1 BR -- we absolutely loved the room and savannah views, but dear god, our room was practically at the end of the hallway. It took FOREVER to get to the lobby. I can't imagine trying to fill up a resort mug there. And there was a lot of noise from the hallways.

If I could get a room close to the lobby, I'd love it. But I have no plans to stay there again b/c I just can't handle the prospect of lugging my suitcase that far again.

I might feel differently if I stayed longer, but we literally had to lug suitcases to our room and then back to the lobby within 14 hours since we didn't check-in until around 6 pm and then left at 8 am the next morning. So my experience was:

Arrive at 6 and check in;
trek 15 minutes with two suitcases, rolling on carpet no less, to my room (those hallways feel like they just keep going and going and going);
shower and get ready for 8 pm dinner;
walk 15 minutes back to lobby and then head to Jambo (via foot) for dinner;
wait 40 minutes to be seated despite having reservation (they apparently forgot about us);
hang out in Jambo lobby for a little bit;
walk back to Kidani and then make long journey to room;
crash for evening around 11 pm;
wake up at 5 am and watch the savannah come to life (best part of the stay);
pack up lug suitcases back to bell services around 7:30 or so.

So in a period of 14 hours at the resort (including 6 hours of sleep), we spent about an hour or so just walking to and from our room and the Kidani lobby.
I’m just wondering why you wouldn’t have Bell services bring and pick up your luggage?
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote