home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 05-25-2018, 03:13 PM   #441
JCinWonderland
Two Bedroom
 
JCinWonderland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
Definitely. I've done it at BWV. Full disclosure: it never came through and I was so glad I had booked the higher category (Pool/Garden) as a backup.
I wanted 2 nights and actually wait listed 1 night and 1 night (wanted 2 nights) and still no luck.
Thank you! Can I get on a waitlist through the website or do I have to call MS? Also, was it a busy DVC time or holiday when your waitlist didnít come through?
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 03:17 PM   #442
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado
 
Goofygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
Thank you! Can I get on a waitlist through the website or do I have to call MS? Also, was it a busy DVC time or holiday when your waitlist didnít come through?
You can set it up online. You go thru the booking selection and where it shows you there isn't availability you'll see the option to set up a waitlist for the room that is unavailable.
__________________
Three Little Circles
Goofygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 03:19 PM   #443
JCinWonderland
Two Bedroom
 
JCinWonderland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
You can set it up online. You go thru the booking selection and where it shows you there isn't availability you'll see the option to set up a waitlist for the room that is unavailable.
Great! Thank you! I will look for it when Iím back in front of my laptop.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:02 AM   #444
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa
 
pooh bears mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 3,215
Default I have a stupid question..

What happened to DVCERsinceday1?
__________________
pooh bears mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:40 PM   #445
OBNurseNH
Studio
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 96
Default What is "RAT"?

I see it referred to a lot. I used to think it was used when referring to DVC taking back contracts during ROFR, but now I'm wondering if it has more to do with reservations (but can't work out what it stands for).

I know it's a stupid question, but I'm asking anyway.

Sincerely,
The Noob
OBNurseNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:43 PM   #446
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado
 
erikthewise's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 6,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBNurseNH View Post
I see it referred to a lot. I used to think it was used when referring to DVC taking back contracts during ROFR, but now I'm wondering if it has more to do with reservations (but can't work out what it stands for).

I know it's a stupid question, but I'm asking anyway.

Sincerely,
The Noob
It refers to the Resort Availability Tool on the DVC website.
__________________

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:48 PM   #447
OBNurseNH
Studio
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
It refers to the Resort Availability Tool on the DVC website.
Thank you.

And thank you for not saying, "Gee that's kind of a stupid question!"

OBNurseNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:53 PM   #448
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom
 
JudieHopps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Zootopia, PA
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
What happened to DVCERsinceday1?
Did I miss something? So much happening of late.

I sure hope everything is ok.

She is one amazing lady!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:30 PM   #449
Disney54us
Grand Villa
 
Disney54us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudieHopps View Post
Did I miss something? So much happening of late.

I sure hope everything is ok.

She is one amazing lady!
Sheís not dead or on her deathbed. You can see under her name she is suspended. Thatís all, no tradgedy and itís not going to be answered because that has to do with admins and itís private business.
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 11:52 PM   #450
DVCjj
Two Bedroom
 
DVCjj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
Thank you! Can I get on a waitlist through the website or do I have to call MS? Also, was it a busy DVC time or holiday when your waitlist didnít come through?
Sorry didnít answer as I didnít see your reply. .

No it wasnít a very busy time and I just chalked it up to not owning there and needing an 11 month window for BWV standards. Hard to get at 7 months.

Very simple to do online. ďBook OnlineĒ, put in that date and BWV standard studio or whatever and it pops up crossed out. Then asks if you want to waitlist and you take it from there.

Good luck!
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 PM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software