home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-24-2018, 02:10 PM   #641
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter View Post
Are disney resort guests starting to use uber and lyft sometimes, instead of the disney transportation? If so, is this affecting how Disney is doing transportation? Is Disney starting to use less buses for resorts?
Disney resort buses have been on the 20 minute schedule for ages and nothing has changed with that.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:33 PM   #642
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Uber and Lyfft are used by guests all the time, mainly because they’re cheaper than a taxi.

Some will use them to get to early reservations or the parks for RD, others because they don’t like buses.

I don’t think it affects the scheduled buses. It could possibly affect the numbers waiting, and therefore they may not have to call for extra buses as often. But somehow I think the effect will be pretty small to negligible.

IMHO the app does affect wdw transportation any more than a private car would. And wdw dispatch is always monitoring the flow requirements.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:03 PM   #643
FCivish3
Studio

Quote:
Uber and Lyfft are used by guests all the time, mainly because they’re cheaper than a taxi.

Some will use them to get to early reservations or the parks for RD, others because they don’t like buses.

I don’t think it affects the scheduled buses. It could possibly affect the numbers waiting, and therefore they may not have to call for extra buses as often. But somehow I think the effect will be pretty small to negligible.
The Convenience of Uber and Lyft are the main drawing points for them. Cost compared to taxi is nice, but I can go on my Lyft app or Uber app and have a van come to wherever I am in about 5 minutes.

And they are great for going somewhere that the buses don't really run. If I'm at one resort and I need to go to another resort, I no longer have to catch a bus to Magic Kingdom or Disney Springs, so I can get off and wait and then catch another bus!

Poly, AKL, BLT

Last edited by FCivish3; 09-24-2018 at 08:54 PM.
FCivish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:11 PM   #644
MickeyFan787
Two Bedroom

Default Freezer at BCV?

Hi everyone!

Has anyone requested that stored food items specifically be placed in Freezer storage at BCV? We plan on arriving early in the day for an upcoming stay and wanted to find out if this option is available.

Thanks!
MickeyFan787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:50 PM   #645
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan787 View Post
Hi everyone!

Has anyone requested that stored food items specifically be placed in Freezer storage at BCV? We plan on arriving early in the day for an upcoming stay and wanted to find out if this option is available.

Thanks!
Well we’ve done a split stay, moving to BCV with freezer items. And they were still frozen when we got them delivered.

All resorts have a freezer. Pretty sure it’s at the BC itself, not BCV.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:52 PM   #646
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCivish3 View Post
The Convenience of Uber and Lyft are the main drawing points for them. Cost compared to taxi is nice, but I can go on my Lyft app or Uber app and have a van come to wherever I am in about 5 minutes.

And they are great for going somewhere that the buses don't really run. If I'm at one resort and I need to go to another resort, I no longer have to catch a bus to Magic Kingdom or Disney Springs, so I can get off and wait and then catch another bus!

Good points.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:59 PM   #647
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Well we’ve done a split stay, moving to BCV with freezer items. And they were still frozen when we got them delivered.

All resorts have a freezer. Pretty sure it’s at the BC itself, not BCV.
Yes, I believe it's in the luggage room along with the fridge

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:44 PM   #648
MickeyFan787
Two Bedroom

Default HS Special ticketed event

Thanks to all for the quick responses!

Another question: I see a special ticketed event at HS on October 24th from 7:30 - 9:00 am. Any ideas on what it might be?
TIA!
Old 09-26-2018, 01:46 AM   #649
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan787 View Post
Thanks to all for the quick responses!

Another question: I see a special ticketed event at HS on October 24th from 7:30 - 9:00 am. Any ideas on what it might be?
TIA!
That’s EMM for Toy Story Land. Similar to the one at MK but just the TSL rides, plus breakfast from Woody’s Lunchbox.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en...oy-story-land/
Old 09-26-2018, 08:08 AM   #650
MickeyFan787
Two Bedroom

Thanks! Just looked at the event, $79 for three rides. I will pass. I didn't realized they did this at HS, I thought it as just at MK.