home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-25-2017, 01:45 PM   #31
beemertec
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by richviii View Post
Hoping this is true. We have never splurged on a Theme Park view for our stays at BLT. Almost thought about switching for our trip next week for our final farewell to wishes.
We haven't seen the reason to get TP view since we have TOTWL. We had a LV room once that had MK views and we watched the fireworks, but this year we are requesting the top floor in a 2BR which are all on the pool side of the building. We feel like that is a better view anyway.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:47 PM   #32
beemertec
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by broganmc View Post
Good point. I want even thinking about the hotel room rentals. That makes me feel better.

Sorry to jump to the Negative Nelly viewpoint. WDW management has been bugging me for several years now. I think since the devolution of Christmas stuff at EPCOT. Then you had the Fantasyland expansion debacle (when TWO tried to kill the project and had to be overruled by Anaheim). I hear a lot of grumbles from Disney Lifers about a new crop of Managers who are not being brought up the Disney Traditions way. Instead it's the MBA-new grad way of maximizing profits and minimizing costs. And those fireworks are very expensive to do every night.

I'm not a big fan of the new Star Wars show only because I saw the original show. It has 3 times as many fireworks and most of it was viewable from around the park and outside. I've been told the main reason they don't do as many is because of the nearby construction. I understand that. Ya gotta cut them some slack for that. (Ending Osborne Lights and mothballing the light figures without finding a replacement site however is just unDisney.)

I'll be looking for those early blogger videos of the new show when they make it to the net. Gotta learn a whole new musical que for low and high fireworks.
I agree on the Osborne lights. We lucked out in 2015 and got a 1BR value at AKV Thanksgiving weekend so we got to see them before they were gone. We are thinking about Thanksgiving at Disney again this year, but we haven't decided yet.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:38 PM   #33
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Symphony was the most expensive fireworks show Disney ever did. As it should be. Fireworks are not the place to cut costs.

Boppity Boppity Boo Muthafu@$as!

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Peregrination Chronicles
The Fall of Disney
A Tale of Two Views
Back in the S.S.R.
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN
Spring Surprise
NYE in the World

Coming up...

BCV NYE 12/28/17-1/3/18
Fantasy 5/21/2018 BLT-Sea-BWV