home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-11-2017, 07:27 AM   #11
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne122679 View Post
He mentions in the video that there have been issues with people not being able to fit on the Flight of Passage ride. He said there are three restraint systems, one on each leg at the shins and calf area and one for the back. He said it's the leg restraints that are causing people to not fit correctly. I'm wondering if there is any truth to that.
I'm trying to hold off as well since we'll be there in a few weeks, but did they show the restraint systems and people in them or not? If so can you point where in the video?

I have back issues and am very concerned about the restraints. We intentionally did not do the FoP as a FP+ because I am not sure I can ride it without hurting myself or putting myself in a position that will cause pain because I cannot adjust. I am a very healthy 40 year old otherwise - though rather petite so it's not a size issue (unless small have issues - my 9yo is a few inches shorter than me LOL), but more of a position issue.

I'm trying to decide if I should just skip it all together or what. I have not heard anything about options for disabled people which I would take if needed *sigh*
Old 05-11-2017, 08:33 AM   #12
cpnkirk
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I'm trying to hold off as well since we'll be there in a few weeks, but did they show the restraint systems and people in them or not? If so can you point where in the video?

I have back issues and am very concerned about the restraints. We intentionally did not do the FoP as a FP+ because I am not sure I can ride it without hurting myself or putting myself in a position that will cause pain because I cannot adjust. I am a very healthy 40 year old otherwise - though rather petite so it's not a size issue (unless small have issues - my 9yo is a few inches shorter than me LOL), but more of a position issue.

I'm trying to decide if I should just skip it all together or what. I have not heard anything about options for disabled people which I would take if needed *sigh*

I watched the video, and there was only a brief glimpse of the actual seats, but not one of people in them. There was an animated sequence showing the back brace coming up from the back side of the seat, and flipping up against the person's back. At the end of the video, they described the ride, and the lady said repeatedly that you are leaning forward, into the movie. I'm sure they could move some, but apparently the seats move forward and they said you could see people above / below you so I'm sure the restraint will hold you fairly tightly in place to prevent falls.

cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:42 AM   #13
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnkirk View Post
I watched the video, and there was only a brief glimpse of the actual seats, but not one of people in them. There was an animated sequence showing the back brace coming up from the back side of the seat, and flipping up against the person's back. At the end of the video, they described the ride, and the lady said repeatedly that you are leaning forward, into the movie. I'm sure they could move some, but apparently the seats move forward and they said you could see people above / below you so I'm sure the restraint will hold you fairly tightly in place to prevent falls.
Thanks! I can skip the video then. I've seen the animated people but it didn't show what I wanted to see - but what I want to see is super picky.

Leaning forward like that is my downfall. I can do coasters 'til the cows come home because I can keep proper posture. My back is so out of line (scoliosis and one leg longer than the other) that leaning forward puts my back in a bad place and my muscles just go crazy if it stays too long. Sounds silly, but I have stationary issues, I can walk all day long but stick me in a bad seating for a few minutes (or standing still for too long) and I'm in bad shape. After our last trip I think I need to suck up and make changes because even 20 minutes waiting for Test Track made me miserable. Blah - yay for childhood diagnosis that carry over into adulthood!

I might just contact Disney to see if there is a 'disabled' option. I am by no means remotely disabled at all, but if I can ride and not be hurt, that would be a dream.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:52 AM   #14
oufpat
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan787 View Post
So tempting - but want the surprise
Waiting for the real thing!!
oufpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:29 AM   #15
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

You guys have more willpower than I do.

I am also wondering how far along in the que you can go before you have to exit if you are not going to ride. I would love to see everything along the way, but not do the ride.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:20 AM   #16
amydevoe
Studio

We enjoy watching his videos. We also want to be surprised so most likely won't watch.
amydevoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:23 AM   #17
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
You guys have more willpower than I do.

I am also wondering how far along in the que you can go before you have to exit if you are not going to ride. I would love to see everything along the way, but not do the ride.
I think on newer rides they account for that and have an exit right before you board the ride. In any event they can't force you to ride something.

Boppity Boppity Boo Muthafu@$as!

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Peregrination Chronicles
The Fall of Disney
A Tale of Two Views
Back in the S.S.R.
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN
Spring Surprise
NYE in the World

Coming up...

BCV NYE 12/28/17-1/3/18
Fantasy 5/21/2018 BLT-Sea-BWV
Dream 9/17/2018 BLT-Sea-BCV

DVC owner The Three B's BCV BWV BLT
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:24 AM   #18
Boundin'
Grand Villa

This video made me more excited about seeing Pandora than all of Disney's advertising.

Boppity Boppity Boo Muthafu@$as!

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Peregrination Chronicles
The Fall of Disney
A Tale of Two Views
Back in the S.S.R.
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN
Spring Surprise
NYE in the World

Coming up...

BCV NYE 12/28/17-1/3/18
Fantasy 5/21/2018 BLT-Sea-BWV
Dream 9/17/2018 BLT-Sea-BCV

DVC owner The Three B's BCV BWV BLT
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:27 PM   #19
sherryberry
Grand Villa

We love the Trackers! I was out of work for surgery last year and I watched a lot of Tim Tracker videos during those six weeks.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote