home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-19-2017, 08:45 PM   #11
JaneBanks
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post

The part that got me thinking was in the tour of the 1 bedroom she mentioned the jetted tub. Why in the world would Disney put in jetted tubs after getting rid of them at BCV? (Home resort)

I know we've discussed the cons of the jetted tubs before but if they were valid, why put into brand new accommodations?
That was my thought exactly. It actually made me a bit angry. We own at BCV, and I feel like it devalues our ownership a bit. I know that's a personal opinion. But we do use the tubs on occasion, and I find the bubbly tub relaxing.
JaneBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:02 PM   #12
DVCjj
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneBanks View Post
That was my thought exactly. It actually made me a bit angry. We own at BCV, and I feel like it devalues our ownership a bit. I know that's a personal opinion. But we do use the tubs on occasion, and I find the bubbly tub relaxing.
Disney is so darn inconsistent in their decisions.

We do occasionally use the tub and find it relaxing. We do NOT find the outdoor hot tubs relaxing with children being allowed in and the temperature not what a hot tub was meant for.
DVCjj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:14 PM   #13
ggatorgirl
Two Bedroom

Are you sure you want to enter the sweepstakes? The fine print says the 5 day stay has a FMV of almost $9000. You will be paying income taxes on that!!!

Even in the 25% bracket, that's $1700. Put that towards a reservation and save the other $7300.

ggatorgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:17 PM   #14
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
I received the card also and took the webcast tour. I got 80% of the way through......up to the Cabin part (of course, the one I really wanted to see!) and I got distracted and accidentally shut down the tab. So mad at myself as I have to now start from the beginning and don't want to register all over again.

The part that got me thinking was in the tour of the 1 bedroom she mentioned the jetted tub. Why in the world would Disney put in jetted tubs after getting rid of them at BCV? (Home resort)

I know we've discussed the cons of the jetted tubs before but if they were valid, why put into brand new accommodations?

PS: I thought the webcast was well done. Made me want to buy more points. Talking myself out of it as we speak.

I've seen the model and the tubs in the 1 and 2BR's are the Air bubbler kind like they have at VGF. They are not jetted like all the other villas up until VGF. But yes, they are something vs BCV's soaker.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:46 AM   #15
ziravan
One Bedroom

What's with giving away a 1BR stay and not a cabin stay?!??

DVD cheaped out on their sweepstakes.
ziravan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:13 AM   #16
richviii
One Bedroom

I didn't realize the video was going to be so long. Don't get me wrong, it just made me leave late since I wanted to make sure I entered. The cabins are amazing and once again, DVC will have no problem filling those things.

2018 Apr - BCV & BLT

Recent
2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani

2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote