home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-13-2017, 02:00 PM   #811
zafiro
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbread4 View Post
Is it possible to remotely exchange the voucher- say online or over the phone? Activating by 12/31/18 would work fine for us, but we don't plan to be at WDW until Jan 2019.
I don't think so, but you'd better call to confirm. We just bought passes by phone and had to activate at the guest services window. We tried to just enter the park thinking that we had done the linking to our bands and confirmed the passes with corresponding people, but they wouldn't admit us without a trip to guest services to activate. You have to show a valid ID for each AP with the member's address in order to get the deal. If the person you've purchased passes for has a different address, be ready to pay the going rate for a non-DVC AP.
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:05 PM   #812
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbread4 View Post
Is it possible to remotely exchange the voucher- say online or over the phone? Activating by 12/31/18 would work fine for us, but we don't plan to be at WDW until Jan 2019.
Activation can only be done in person at WDW.

JaxFLBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:48 AM   #813
ustasmom
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustasmom View Post
I have the Disney Visa. If I use the 6 months no interest on a DVC purchase, do I still get 2% rewards?
The answer is yes. I noticed $221 Reward dollars on my Disney Visa page, so you do get 2% on a DVC purchase.
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:59 PM   #814
Sir Aaron
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
If you purchase the Platinum Plus Pass by 1/3/2018, you get the Platinum Plus for the price of the Gold Pass. That's a $210 savings off the regular DVC pricing on the Platinum Plus Pass ($310 off the non discounted price).

This promotional pass must be activated by 12/31/2018. If not activated by 12/31/2018, you would be able to apply the purchase price to a new purchase of equal or greater cost.
Thanks. I think I should do this, however, now we are talking about doing a trip to France instead of WDW (we may be headed to France anyways for a competition so adding a few days at DLP is what we are kicking around). It would be the first time in years we didn't go to WDW. Kids are 11 and 8 so just now old enough to appreciate these sorts of things. But it's not a sure thing and we need to make a decision before we get to the 7 month window.

I'm a little hesitant about DLP. There are so many questions about whether we'd like it, etc.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:18 PM   #815
cornbread4
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Aaron View Post
Thanks. I think I should do this, however, now we are talking about doing a trip to France instead of WDW (we may be headed to France anyways for a competition so adding a few days at DLP is what we are kicking around). It would be the first time in years we didn't go to WDW. Kids are 11 and 8 so just now old enough to appreciate these sorts of things. But it's not a sure thing and we need to make a decision before we get to the 7 month window.

I'm a little hesitant about DLP. There are so many questions about whether we'd like it, etc.
My wife and I stopped by DLP for a day a few years ago on the end of a Europe trip. It was pre-kids, so your results may vary. We were able to take the Metro out there which lets off right by the parks, but it is not in a nice area. There were numerous police/paramilitary officers patrolling with submachine guns. It was a very strange experience for entry to Disney. But, once inside, it didn't feel too different from DL or WDW. I know it's a cliché that the French aren't particularly friendly, and we did see a lot of that in Paris (though not in the French Riviera). But Disney hiring practices/CM training is in full display. Everyone working there was very friendly, and I think much more multi-language speaking given the plethora of nearby languages. If you're in the Paris area for a little while, it's a nice one day excursion and you can hit both parks.
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:05 PM   #816
noreen99

Default Split Stay Dining plan

Sorry, yet another noob question.

Supposed to take my family on our first DVC trip. Originally planned as a 5-day stay in a studio in OKW w/ 1st-time standard DDP. We normally only get the deluxe ( before that we had used to get the platinum plan but the did away with that years ago ) We are foodies so DDP works for us.

My friends decided to join us for our last night. I paid for a cash reservation for a studio at OKW for them and we waitlisted a poly studio. Shocked it came through.

But the dining plan for the fulfilled waitlist night disappeared. If I add it back on will the credits carry over between the split stay? Can I upgrade to the deluxe for the last night?

We have a lot of 2 credit meals plan, especially on the last day. The poly check-in day we have ADRs for ohana's breakfast followed by ROL @ Tiffen's. Figured we would just do a quick service dinner. The next morning we have brunch at Narcoossee.

Cant figure out what happens to leftover points after checking out at OKW and checking back in at Poly.

Help... I love that Lorri decided to meet us but this seems to complicate everything.

noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:00 PM   #817
FessParker1

If you have a split stay they should be booked a s 2 separate reservations. This should allow you to book one meal plan for one reservation and a different meal plan for the second reservation. As always all days need to be the same plan for that stay.

I just booked separate reservations and have no meal plan for part of my trip and DDP for second part.
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:19 PM   #818
noreen99

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
If you have a split stay they should be booked a s 2 separate reservations. This should allow you to book one meal plan for one reservation and a different meal plan for the second reservation. As always all days need to be the same plan for that stay.

I just booked separate reservations and have no meal plan for part of my trip and DDP for the second part.
does that mean essentially that I will have credits for both meal plans available on the same day (check-in-checkout date?)
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:41 PM   #819
ggatorgirl
Two Bedroom

Yes, but you have to use ALL your entitlements on the first plan before you can use any on the second.

This means ALL snacks (which was a problem for us before), before you can use the meal ones.

I have heard if you talk to the concierge/front desk, you may be able to combine them but I wouldn't count on it.

ggatorgirl is online now   Reply With Quote