home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-22-2014, 12:38 PM   #11
LOVINDVC
Grand Villa

TANK-YOU for starting this thread. We'll be following along as our December/January vacation approaches. From what you have posted so far, I think we are good
LOVINDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 06:16 PM   #12
Mrs C
Studio

Default Help with fastpass

Hello it's been a while since I was on the site but once again I have a vacation coming up in July for 26 days At bay lake towers. I haven't been for 2 yrs and they didn't have the magic bands etc when I was there last. I have read really bad stuff about them but how are people finding them and can you still book fast passes on the day, say if we decided to spontaneously visit a park how hard is it to get fast passes on the day. I am worried cos we are there for nearly a month I can't plan every day for that long a time ,,,,
Old 03-10-2015, 08:47 AM   #13
Kpassa
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickapoo Joie Juice View Post
Let me add the phone number(s) for Disney's Tech Support:

(407) 939-4357
I kept getting errors because I had made an earlier reservation using my first name and my latest reservation using my middle name but the same email address. I called this number and the TS rep straightened it out in less than 2 minutes. I had called on Skype because I figured I would burn up most of my cell phone minutes waiting on hold so it was a pleasant surprise. The number they give you on the welcome booklet sounded like it was designed to give you the runaround so thanks for posting the correct one
Kpassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:58 AM   #14
Kickapoo Joie Juice
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpassa View Post
I kept getting errors because I had made an earlier reservation using my first name and my latest reservation using my middle name but the same email address. I called this number and the TS rep straightened it out in less than 2 minutes. I had called on Skype because I figured I would burn up most of my cell phone minutes waiting on hold so it was a pleasant surprise. The number they give you on the welcome booklet sounded like it was designed to give you the runaround so thanks for posting the correct one
Kickapoo Joie Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:57 PM   #15
NancyinNH
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Magic Bands

Pardon me if these 2 question have been answered already:

We have a set of MB sitting at our house from a 2014 trip.
We have a trip planned for April 2015

MDE keeps asking me to customize new MB and tells me the new ones are shipping soon.
Question:
1. Anything I can do to NOT use these new MB and "just" use the ones we have?

Part Two
We bought park tickets recently. I have not linked them to my existing MB.
Question:
2. If I link the new park tickets to my existing MB and Disney ships me new MB, then what? do I bring both sets?

Thanks in advance for the help.

I am in analysis paralysis and can't move forward! Yikes thank you!
NancyinNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:08 PM   #16
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyinNH View Post
MDE keeps asking me to customize new MB and tells me the new ones are shipping soon.
Question:
1. Anything I can do to NOT use these new MB and "just" use the ones we have?
If you don't confirm your address and don't customize the MagicBands for the upcoming stay, they will not mail them out to you. They will have grey ones waiting at check-in, but you can refuse those if you wish.

Quote:
We bought park tickets recently. I have not linked them to my existing MB.
Question:
2. If I link the new park tickets to my existing MB and Disney ships me new MB, then what? do I bring both sets?
Nothing is actually stored on the MagicBands except for a unique band id number. MagicBands, along with room reservation(s), park admission, FP+ selections, etc. are linked to your MDE profile. The MagicBand is just a key used to read the data stored on your MDE profile. All MagicBands assigned to an individual have access to the same entitlements (room, tickets, etc.). Also, if you have multiple MagicBands assigned to your MDE profile, you can use them interchangeably.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:11 PM   #17
NancyinNH
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

That was clear and I get it! thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
If you don't confirm your address and don't customize the MagicBands for the upcoming stay, they will not mail them out to you. They will have grey ones waiting at check-in, but you can refuse those if you wish.

Nothing is actually stored on the MagicBands except for a unique band id number. MagicBands, along with room reservation(s), park admission, FP+ selections, etc. are linked to your MDE profile. The MagicBand is just a key used to read the data stored on your MDE profile. All MagicBands assigned to an individual have access to the same entitlements (room, tickets, etc.). Also, if you have multiple MagicBands assigned to your MDE profile, you can use them interchangeably.
NancyinNH is offline   Reply With Quote