home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-08-2017, 11:05 AM   #31
Hi from RI
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
On my MDE account, I have my ticket, plus I have dummies that have my middle name, and then literally "alter ego1" and "alter ego 2."

Whenever I need the tickets assigned to the dummy accounts, all I have to do is use the "reassign ticket" feature. So you don't change names and you don't have to create another MDE account for the dummy.

My son and his friend have a leftover day on their bands. This was a military 5 day hopper. Can the extra day be transferred to someone else?

ME ,DH , DS22 , DD20 , DD12

Stayed at : BLT, AKL, BWV, VGF, HHI, VERO, PVB,
DCL 2016
Before DVC Member: POR, ASM, PVR, OKW
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #32
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
My understanding is:
  • Tickets issued prior to 2/12/2017 would only receive the gate price in effect on 2/11/2017 towards any upgrade.
  • Tickets issued since 2/12/2017 would receive current gate price for upgrades.
I am confused by this, or maybe reading it wrong.

We have several times used tickets bought before 2/12/17 for upgrades to AP and always bridged to current gate price. Or did this change only come into being on 2/12/17?

Cheers.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:40 AM   #33
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
You know what, I just looked at MDE on my phone, rather than the computer and the site shows dates on the phone.

My tickets are showing an expiration date of 12/30/30. It also shows the days remaining. Interesting that the phone app shows more than the website does.
Thanks for sharing that. This is certainly an update, and cool to see.

We had bought some 10-day non-expiring Hoppers a while back. Used 3 days and then went to APs. At one point, these had become primary and started using days. I noticed and called to have them fix it.

Well, it seems that they fixed it better than expected- it indicates that each of these has the full 10-day entitlement on it (now, these are the tickets that also include water parks, so it's not clear whether the 10 days shown as remaining are for parks, water parks or both).

Still, cool to be able to see this.

Cheers.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:58 AM   #34
choosymom
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Thanks for sharing that. This is certainly an update, and cool to see.

We had bought some 10-day non-expiring Hoppers a while back. Used 3 days and then went to APs. At one point, these had become primary and started using days. I noticed and called to have them fix it.

Well, it seems that they fixed it better than expected- it indicates that each of these has the full 10-day entitlement on it (now, these are the tickets that also include water parks, so it's not clear whether the 10 days shown as remaining are for parks, water parks or both).

Still, cool to be able to see this.

Cheers.
You can email and get exact entitlements of each thing on a ticket. You have to send your driver's license and pictures of front and back of tickets.

choosymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:13 PM   #35
PolyGirl
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Creating nonexistent family members on MDE to assign tickets to until you're ready to use them is brilliant! I bought some tickets from UT and linked them to my family members on MDE before Disney announced their two new AP ticket offers. My tickets from UT expire in 2030 so I plan on saving them and buying AP's for our upcoming trip and wasn't sure how to handle having all those tickets linked at the same time. I just created 4 new family members, reassigned our UT tickets to them and now I can assign our AP's to my actual family. Problem solved Thank you!
PolyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:34 AM   #36
Kismet
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
You know what, I just looked at MDE on my phone, rather than the computer and the site shows dates on the phone.

My tickets are showing an expiration date of 12/30/30. It also shows the days remaining. Interesting that the phone app shows more than the website does.

I may hold on to my current tickets since there is no expiration date and just buy new Platinum Plus AP's when we get there.
Interesting, I just renewed my annual pass and the expiration is showing as 12/31/2030. I have the confirmation number because I renewed over the phone, but I never received an email.
Would be awesome if my annual pass didn't expire until 2030 . . . imagine that
Kismet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:39 AM   #37
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
Interesting, I just renewed my annual pass and the expiration is showing as 12/31/2030. I have the confirmation number because I renewed over the phone, but I never received an email.
Would be awesome if my annual pass didn't expire until 2030 . . . imagine that
Sadly that changes as soon as you activate it. Right now it's in a 'voucher' state and it will update later on.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:19 AM   #38
PolyGirl
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I noticed while reassigning my tickets on the MDE account that the expiration date was visible while I was in the process of moving tickets around but once they were reasigned I could no longer see it. Nice to have that information show on the phone app.
PolyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote