home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-29-2017, 12:45 PM   #1
dantr
Studio

Default MNSSHP and Fastpasses

Hi guys,

I am wondering if you could help me understand something. We are taking a trip at the end of October, and have tickets to go to Mickey's not so scary Halloween party. We will be going on Sept. 29. For that day, we are not buying a ticket to the parks, but have tickets for the party. I understand that we can come into Magic Kingdom at 4pm, even though the party doesn't start until 7. Is this correct? You can only book fastpasses until 530pm, so I did. Will this cause any issues with the fastpasses for the days we do have tickets for the parks?

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:52 PM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantr View Post
Hi guys,

I am wondering if you could help me understand something. We are taking a trip at the end of October, and have tickets to go to Mickey's not so scary Halloween party. We will be going on Sept. 29. For that day, we are not buying a ticket to the parks, but have tickets for the party. I understand that we can come into Magic Kingdom at 4pm, even though the party doesn't start until 7. Is this correct? You can only book fastpasses until 530pm, so I did. Will this cause any issues with the fastpasses for the days we do have tickets for the parks?

Thanks for your help.
No, it won't cause an issue with your other days. The fact you were able to book the FP's means that MDE saw that you had enough ticket entitlements to do so.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:53 PM   #3
dantr
Studio

Thanks, Goofygrl. I wanted to be sure. I booked the fastpasses for the days we have tickets first, and then did the MNSSHP ones.
Old 07-29-2017, 08:41 PM   #4
JCam695
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantr View Post
Thanks, Goofygrl. I wanted to be sure. I booked the fastpasses for the days we have tickets first, and then did the MNSSHP ones.
We did the same thing for our August trip and all good!
JCam695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 11:37 PM   #5
andy773
Studio

There are other web sites that are reporting that while this has been allowed in the past that Disney is cracking down on it this year, similar to how they have cracked down on people using extra magic bands and annual passes to book same day FP'es. Some people who booked FP'es with a MNSSHP ticket and other FP'es with regular tickets were having the last day of their trip's FP'es cancelled by Disney. Some people lost FOP FP'es. Someone emailed Disney and posted Disney's response which basically said that FP is NOT part of MNSSHP admission and they recommended not trying to book them because they may cause "challenges with FP during your stay with us."

Your mileage may vary, but to me, it's not worth the risk or hassle of screwing up something else on my trip. FYI Proceed with caution.
andy773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:05 PM   #6
Mox147
One Bedroom

I tired to book FP for our MNSSHP night. It would allow me to book for myself and my two children but would not allow me took book for my husband. I am an AP so I can see why I would be allowed. It just didn't explain why I could book for the kids but not DH. They have the same number of days on tickets. Then I came back to this thread and saw Disney was cracking down so I scrapped the idea. It's not worth losing any of our other FP.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:03 PM   #7
JCam695
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I'll let you know next week but I was able to book FP+ for our MNSSHP night in addition to the 5 other days we have PH tix for. If our last day FP+ somehow get deleted before then, it's not that big of a deal, since they are for things we've ridden already.
JCam695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:21 AM   #8
Janice2014
One Bedroom

Default Saved me asking

'Deja vu'

Thanks for this information. I was going to ask about FP+ and MNSSHP tickets for 31st Oct as we do not want our park tickets to activate until 1st Nov.

Was worried if we tried to get FP+ from 4pm that it might disrupt the end of our hols.

Counting Down BWV 2017 Oct/Nov
Janice2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:15 AM   #9
eandjmom
Studio

Gosh, we are going to the Halloween party on 10/15 and don't have tickets for that day. I didn't even think about trying to get fast passes for the evening. Now I'm torn on trying as I don't want to mess up the last day of our trip...
eandjmom is offline   Reply With Quote