home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-24-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
jpcdds6
Studio

Default MagicBands with split stay?

We are doing a split stay in October. First night at a Treehouse and then 6 nights at Kidani GV. MDE shows a set of Magic bands (there are 9 of us), for each reservation. Will they be sending us one set of bands with both ressies on them?
jpcdds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:58 AM   #2
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Nothing is stored directly on the MagicBands.

Everything links to your MDE profile and the bands are used to access your information. If you have multiple MagicBands, you can use them interchangeably.

Since you can customize 2 bands per person, each person can select two different colors.

There might be an option to decline the MagicBands as part of online check in. The decline option may also appear during the MB customization process after you've confirmed the mailing address.

If no decline option and you would prefer only 1 band per person, MS may be able to decline one set for you.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:53 PM   #3
Fiveresorts
Studio

You will be sent a magic band for each reservation unless you decline them. You can use any magic band from any trip. They are connected to your info no matter when you received them.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:05 PM   #4
amydevoe
Studio

We have a similar situation coming up in Oct and I didn't want 2 sets so I called MS and had them cancel the second set.
amydevoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 06:44 PM   #5
MOTed
One Bedroom

You can cancel MBs online as well. On the screen where you customize MBs, you can click a 'Decline' option.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:13 PM   #6
JudieHopps
One Bedroom

It's true, you will get a magic band for each reservation. You can decline a second band and one will work just fine .... or, you can order different colors and swap the pucks to make a colorful band.
It all depends on your preference and how many bands you want to collect.
I personally like to have fun with it.
JudieHopps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 03:51 AM   #7
HawkeyeFLA
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTed View Post
You can cancel MBs online as well. On the screen where you customize MBs, you can click a 'Decline' option.
Each guest has to have an active MagicBand already assigned to them for the Decline option to appear in MDE. Just customizing an order doesn't do it. Has to have been linked. MS or the MDE help desk can put the order on hold however.
HawkeyeFLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:32 AM   #8
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

We do split stays all the time. One band works perfectly :-)
Old 08-25-2017, 02:03 PM   #9
cpnkirk
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFLA View Post
Each guest has to have an active MagicBand already assigned to them for the Decline option to appear in MDE. Just customizing an order doesn't do it. Has to have been linked. MS or the MDE help desk can put the order on hold however.
This is correct. My son's old band was eaten by a dog, so we deleted it. On our next reservation, even with a tri split stay planned, we can't decline any of his, so he's getting 3 colors.

cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:11 PM   #10
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnkirk View Post
This is correct. My son's old band was eaten by a dog, so we deleted it. On our next reservation, even with a tri split stay planned, we can't decline any of his, so he's getting 3 colors.
Yup. Had this happen recently. I made some account changes and my MB went away. I have customized one for a September trip, and wanted to cancel the one form the November trip. Couldn't. Found out that it's because my 4ish year old band was not in there. Even having one "on order" for September was not good enough. Once I re-added the old band I could cancel November.

Cheers.