home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-31-2017, 05:36 PM   #1
Les Poissons
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Fastpass and Transferring a Ticket

My parents were planning on going with us and the kids on an upcoming trip. My Grandpa (Dad's father) is sick and my dad may not be able to make the trip. If I transfer his tickets and reservation to someone else (my aunt), then I believe we would lose his fastpass reservations. Is this correct?
Les Poissons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:41 PM   #2
mustinjourney
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Poissons View Post
My parents were planning on going with us and the kids on an upcoming trip. My Grandpa (Dad's father) is sick and my dad may not be able to make the trip. If I transfer his tickets and reservation to someone else (my aunt), then I believe we would lose his fastpass reservations. Is this correct?
has the ticket been used yet?

Assuming the answer is no -- can't you just update the profile in your MDX?

The other option is for your aunt to just be your Grandpa in the eyes of Disney. As long as they're both adults, it does not really matter. As long as the ticket isn't an AP, I don't see why it would be a problem if your aunt just borrowed his identity for the week.

His fingerprints aren't associated with the ticket yet, so there shouldn't be an issue with her using the ticket for entry. And the CMs don't give a damn whether the names on the magic band account actually match the identity of the person using them.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:47 PM   #3
Les Poissons
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Thank you!

I will try to update the profile and if that doesn't work, then I will just keep the reservation in my dad's name and let my aunt use his magic band.

It is only a five day ticket and hasn't been activated yet, so either option would work. The tickets were already linked to him, so I didn't know if it would let me change it in my Disney experience and keep the fastpass. I would hate to lose the FOP fastpass.
Les Poissons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:55 PM   #4
mustinjourney
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Poissons View Post
Thank you!

I will try to update the profile and if that doesn't work, then I will just keep the reservation in my dad's name and let my aunt use his magic band.

It is only a five day ticket and hasn't been activated yet, so either option would work. The tickets were already linked to him, so I didn't know if it would let me change it in my Disney experience and keep the fastpass. I would hate to lose the FOP fastpass.
If you had an extra ticket, then you could put that ticket on your aunt's profile and then transfer his FP+ selections one at a time to her. But that would be a huge PITA, when it is much easier to just hand her his magic band.

I agree with you though -- I would not risk losing the FP+ selections. Mouse services might be able to do it -- but even then, I wouldn't want to risk them screwing it up somehow.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:05 PM   #5
ktmo
Studio

I don't have any experience with this, but you should be able to transfer your dad's ticket to your aunt. The fast passes don't automatically go away when you do this. I think it takes 36 hours for the FPs to be deleted from your dad's profile. In that time you should be able to transfer them (change party) to your aunt. I think you have to do it one at a time.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:34 PM   #6
HawkeyeFLA
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmo View Post
I don't have any experience with this, but you should be able to transfer your dad's ticket to your aunt. The fast passes don't automatically go away when you do this. I think it takes 36 hours for the FPs to be deleted from your dad's profile. In that time you should be able to transfer them (change party) to your aunt. I think you have to do it one at a time.
The system runs an audit in the early morning hours (I believe before the 7am booking window opens) cross checking booked FP+ with valid admission. If it finds missing admission, you get an e-mail warning with 24 hours to correct.
HawkeyeFLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:31 PM   #7
gsthome74
Studio

It might be a lot of work to transfer the tickets and fastpasses but you should do it. If your aunt has an issue entering the park after the first day and has to show ID, she won't have anything with your dad's name on it. Disney might think you tried to transfer a used ticket and require your aunt to purchase a new ticket. It's unlikely to happen but I wouldn't risk it when I can get it right before the trip. It's better to have the ticket in her name.