home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-21-2017, 09:32 PM   #31
carolina_yankee
Administrator

So, Iím stalking FoP for 11/20 FP anytime after 5 pm. Iíve got NRJ and Rivers of Light, so Iíve got to keep another slot open in case it shows up since if youíre booked for 3, it makes you cancel one in advance of checking for FPs rather than simply letting you cancel an FP if a better one shows up.

We do have two booked, for 11/25 and 11/28, but Iíd like to hit it on one of our first two days since it will be Jimís first time on it.

Yeah, you can plan a Disney trip on the fly, but if you want to do a couple of key things or travel over a peak period, you gotta do this stalking crap.

Dirk
Old 09-21-2017, 10:06 PM   #32
PirateLinda
One Bedroom

I just snagged a FP for FOP on Oct 23rd this past weekend.

I was not online when our FP window opened up and the FP's were all gone for FOP.

I started checking periodically and this one came up. So, I grabbed it.

I'm glad because I did not want to do standby.

PirateLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:26 PM   #33
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Disney Vacation planning....
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:29 PM   #34
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Usually we get our requests, often right down to the exact room I hoped we would get. For this trip, my real priority is Congress Park. Close to ice machine is a bonus, but Jim is with me, so it won’t matter to me regardless.

Actually, I think if I request close to elevator that will get me reasonably close to ice machine. I just hate the studios that are on the far left end when the ice machine is on the far right end! Don’t really care what floor. Elevator or stairs isn’t a problem at SSR usually.

Dirk
When we travel solo we actually do not request much. We did try for upper floor at BCV and got 3rd floor last time. Oh well. We do 4 or 5 flights of stairs just fine so even that isn't a thought. Most of the time we leave it to chance. Just annoying when it didn't work when I wanted it to.

I hope you are near the ice machine so Jim won't have to walk far
Old 09-22-2017, 01:34 PM   #35
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Default Banshees pooped a tone of FPs!

So, in checking back today to see if I could luck into an FoP for when I actually wanted it, I discovered that the banshees pooped a ton of Fastpasses for every day of Thanksgiving week. I had my pick of days and times. Hope it's not a computer glitch and they all go poof!

ETA: Still can't select room requests in online check-in, though.

Those wacky Disney IT pals - isn't it awesome how they keep us on our toes by keeping us guessing?

Dirk
Old 09-22-2017, 11:47 PM   #36
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
So, in checking back today to see if I could luck into an FoP for when I actually wanted it, I discovered that the banshees pooped a ton of Fastpasses for every day of Thanksgiving week. I had my pick of days and times. Hope it's not a computer glitch and they all go poof!
Checked for early November, and same deal. Lots where there were none. Grabbed it for a day when we planned AK anyway. Thanks for the heads up!

Cheers.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:41 AM   #37
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
For your request you can also pop off a quick email to MS. It's a good way to get requests added and not have to hold.
Emailed MS yesterday through the DVC portal yesterday and received an email back 2 hours later apologizing for the website glitch (surely a form response!) and tell me my requests have now been noted.

Satisfied with the human touch!

Dirk