home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-09-2017, 12:22 PM   #1
Princess Amber
Studio

Default Ticket Upgrade Question

Hi Folks - I tried googling this but nothing came up for me - is it possible to "upgrade" a 2-day hopper ticket to a 3-day base ticket? I'm sure you can upgrade something like a 2-day hopper to a 3-day hopper, but can you do what I'm suggesting - adding a day but dropping the hopper option? TIA!
Princess Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:28 PM   #2
robinb
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Amber View Post
Hi Folks - I tried googling this but nothing came up for me - is it possible to "upgrade" a 2-day hopper ticket to a 3-day base ticket? I'm sure you can upgrade something like a 2-day hopper to a 3-day hopper, but can you do what I'm suggesting - adding a day but dropping the hopper option? TIA!
I'm not 100% sure, but you should be able to do that as long as you don't use the hopping feature first.

robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:40 PM   #3
starry_solo
One Bedroom

And as long as the 3-day base ticket costs more than the 2-day hopper.
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:15 PM   #4
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Once you've used a "feature" of a ticket like hopping or water parks then you couldn't do that but if you do it right away they should apply the cost of the 2 day hopper to a 3 day base ticket if that new option costs less. Getting refunds if it is less is never guaranteed.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:20 PM   #5
Princess Amber
Studio

Just writing in to give an update on this in case anyone else had the same question: I WAS able to upgrade from a 2-day hopper to a 3-day base ticket. Note that in this case, none of the days had been used yet.

I mentioned to the cast member on the phone that part of the change was due to a flight schedule change, but part was due to the cancellation of Express Transportation (it's a little more annoying to park hop now so we're not going to do it on this trip). She said it's too bad they got rid of it, but hardly anyone was using it. I agree (most of the buses we were on last trip were empty) but it's still a bummer - it really helped us maximize our time during a short trip.

So our upcoming trip will be the first one ever where we skip out on good Ol' Hollywood Studios. We'll catch you next time, Princess Sofia!
Princess Amber is offline   Reply With Quote