home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-24-2017, 10:45 AM   #1
MickeyFan787
One Bedroom

Default Fast Pass Limit Reached?

Hi Y'all, just trying to find out if anyone has had this issue before. I am making fast passes for our trip in October and got this message for two of the three members in the party:

FastPass+ Limit Reached
These Guests have reached their maximum FastPass+ allotment. To continue, remove them from your party. Their existing plans won't change. Or, go back and select a date for which you already made FastPass+ selections.

These two members have a Platinum AP, the other has a Gold AP. The date being selected is over two months prior to the expiration of the pass. I already have fast passes for the day before and the week after.

This happened yesterday. I thought it may just "go away" in the world of Disney IT. However it is still happening this morning. Not too excited about calling Disney IT as I have all of the FPs for the trip selected that I don't want to lose them if they mess things up. Anyone experience this bit of "magic" before?
MickeyFan787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:48 AM   #2
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Are these people in your room the whole time? APs get 7 days only except if they are staying onsite then they get however many days the reservation is. If they have a reservation coming up they cannot book anymore than the days they are in. Or if they have other days scheduled they need to use them before they can book more on your vacation.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:08 AM   #3
MickeyFan787
One Bedroom

We are all at BCV the entire time. Weird thing is, we have all of the same FPs but this is only happening regarding them.

You do mention something interesting though. We are onsite 22-28 and I made the FPs for a few days in there. Then, because we will be in Orlando the week before and I thought we may venture over for F&W and maybe Avatar I made a few more FPs - on the 17th and 19th. I tried to make some for the 20th and got the error, again though, this error is only affecting them.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:26 AM   #4
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan787 View Post
We are all at BCV the entire time. Weird thing is, we have all of the same FPs but this is only happening regarding them.

You do mention something interesting though. We are onsite 22-28 and I made the FPs for a few days in there. Then, because we will be in Orlando the week before and I thought we may venture over for F&W and maybe Avatar I made a few more FPs - on the 17th and 19th. I tried to make some for the 20th and got the error, again though, this error is only affecting them.
That's because they can only do the 7 days of your trip (assuming the full days of each are used). You cannot add past that for days you do not have onsite and make it work. They have to use one day first before you can add the other 2 days.

It's a catch with APs but that's how it works. 7 days or the full length of stay if over 7 days but nothing else outside of that stay.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:39 AM   #5
MickeyFan787
One Bedroom

I thought that was interesting when you mentioned that but does it explain why I am able to make FPs for the 17th & 19th? Our stay is the 22nd-28th. And it is only affecting 2 of the 3 AP holders.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:43 AM   #6
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I thought that was interesting when you mentioned that but does it explain why I am able to make FPs for the 17th & 19th? Our stay is the 22nd-28th. And it is only affecting 2 of the 3 AP holders.
Because you can only do 7 days total as an AP holder.

If you did the 2 days you aren't there first, then you can only do 5 days of your trip.

The exception to this is if you have an onsite stay of let's say 10 days. You can do all 10 days like any other resort guest can. But if you had FP planned for the days before you arrived and then tried to do your full trip, you'll get blocked.

So you either have to wait until the 17th and 19th are used or just do your resort stay. You cannot do both. Not sure why one AP holder is able to do it, because I sure have never been able to add to days before/after a trip within 30 days.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:46 AM   #7
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Here's all the verbiage from Disney's site

Annual Passes Frequently Asked Questions

Q.
How do I access FastPass+ service using my Annual Pass?
A.
If you have a valid Walt Disney World Annual Pass, please follow these simple steps to make your FastPass+ selections:
Create or sign into your Disney account.
Link your Annual Pass or Passes to your account, if you have not already done so.
Access FastPass+ service.
Annual Passholders can make FastPass+ selections up to 30 days in advance. Secure up to 3 FastPass+ selections for one park per day, for up to 7 days. If plans change, its easy to update or cancel your selections, subject to availability.
Passholders with reservations at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel can start making FastPass+ selections as early as 60 days prior to the check-in date―and can secure FastPass+ selections for the length of stay or up to 7 days. Please note that if your length of stay is longer than two weeks, FastPass+ selections can be made for up to 14 days.
As with Guests using tickets, once you redeem your initial set of FastPass+ selections (or the last arrival window has passed), you can make another FastPass+ selection for the same day at an in-park kiosk*or on your mobile device. After you redeem the additional FastPass+ pick, you can make more selections (one at a time) up to park closing.
If your Annual Pass permits you to visit a second park on the same day, after you use your initial FastPass+ selections at the first park you visit, you have the option to make additional FastPass+ selections at an in-park kiosk or using your mobile device in the second park.
For a greater range of choices, we recommend you make FastPass+ selections early. If you prefer to be spontaneous, all attractions and Character Greetings provide standby entrances so you can decide as you go.
Valid theme park admission required. FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make and available arrival windows are limited. Certain MyMagic+ features and benefits require online registration.
Annual Passholders needing further assistance with FastPass+ service can call (407) 560-7277. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:04 PM   #8
MickeyFan787
One Bedroom

Thanks Helenabear! I got it now. But as you said still doesn't make sense on why one member can and others can't. Thank you for your help!
Old 08-24-2017, 12:31 PM   #9
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks Helenabear! I got it now. But as you said still doesn't make sense on why one member can and others can't. Thank you for your help!
Lucky glitch on their part? I admit I was reading it at first that only the AP holders couldn't do it at first. It explains why some can't do it, but not why the one can.

Maybe they have as super special AP that we don't know about? (kidding of course)
Old 08-24-2017, 01:24 PM   #10
micepace42
Studio

Red face Fast Pass issues...

We are visiting WDW for 2 weeks in October and ran into issues when booking Fast Passes. We are on property the entire stay but are split between numerous resorts. We ran into an issue with FPs being limited. When we called we were informed that we can only have 14 days of FPs. However, we only had 13 days of FPs booked. SIDE NOTE - I found it interesting that Disney would "cap" how many days you could have FPs if you were staying on property at a Disney resort the entire time. To me, it is almost as if Disney is penalizing you for staying with them longer/spending more money with them. I was told that most people that stay for that length of time do not go to the parks everyday. My response to this is why limit things then. If most people don't go to the parks for more than 14 days then it really shouldn't be an issue for those that do. Also, I can understand the idea of limiting how many days you can have FPs for Florida residents and/or for folks that stay off property but if you are traveling from another part of the country and staying at a Disney resort the entire time, this should be re-evaluated. Also, before someone out there throws out the "enjoy the resorts pools, go to Disney Springs, blah, blah, blah"...we are doing numerous other things already and that is not the point.

None the less, I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told the issue revolved around making FPs for a 14 day span of time. In other words, she was trying to tell me that our stay was for 16 total days and I needed to make FPs for the first 14 days or the last 14 days. I explained that she was mistaken because I was able to book FPs on the first and last days of our trip but wasn't able to make FPs for a day in between. Anyhoozle, it turned out to be an IT glitch that was corrected by IT correcting something in MDE account and re-booting my computer and starting all over with cookies cleared and such. By the time we got this working my FPs selections we wanted were no longer available. I didn't even receive an apology. I wasn't looking for a discount, or meal vouchers, or some form of reimbursement of any funds, or anything of the like....some good old-fashioned sympathy would have been welcomed. I was working with them on this for 2 HOURS.

I find Disney customer service to be excessively lacking in recent years. I know I am comparing things to when we first starting visiting WDW over a decade ago, but aside from that lack of empathy, I find the mis-information and "made-up" answers to issues like this to be annoying and frustrating. Not knowing the answer is understandable, making things up and/or providing wrong information as though someone is just "throwing darts" seems as though this is getting to be more and more common....AND THIS CAME FROM A "SUPERVISOR".

micepace42 is offline   Reply With Quote