home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-12-2017, 12:09 PM   #11
WiltonJohn
One Bedroom

I was online banking and booking a reservation this morning. The CHAT function was not working (endless "connecting" message)... and when I called Member Services they were asking anyone who did not have a reservation in the next 7 days to call back later. And the projected wait time was listed at 60 minutes. There is also a coming "shut down" of Member Services posted on the DVC site for a day.

I'm guessing that there are a LOT of glitches as the human and IT system there is pushed to its limits because of Irma. It is actually amazing that anything is working at ALL.

I was able to bank points and get a reservation for next August with no problems.

best,

................john
Old 09-12-2017, 12:13 PM   #12
MickeyFan787
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
Honestly, it's more of an expectation that "something will be going on with IT".

I am more surprised when Disney's IT applications work then when they don't.
LOL - I subscribe to this as well. Low expectations equals happy vacationer every time.

Seriously, it is likely a glitch as who knows what is going on over there with closed parks, cancelled rebooked vacations.
MickeyFan787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:16 PM   #13
bigbahamadada
Grand Villa

I had tickets disappear from my account (thankfully not right before a trip).

Had to call and after much effort, Disney IT ultimately the unused AP vouchers in the "used ticket" records. No explanation for how or why. But once located, they were quickly able to make them visible in my account again.

You might ask them to start there.

Good luck!
bigbahamadada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:28 PM   #14
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Honestly, it's more of an expectation that "something will be going on with IT".

sadly it is so true
Old 09-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #15
Leftcoaster
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan787 View Post
LOL - I subscribe to this as well. Low expectations equals happy vacationer every time.

Seriously, it is likely a glitch as who knows what is going on over there with closed parks, cancelled rebooked vacations.
I heard a rumor that when you contact Disney IT, an evil clown with a red balloon appears.

www.twitter.com/morerumlesscoke

"Being a princess means so much more than wearing a tiara and a pretty dress" - Cinderellabration

"Don't do anything Revengy 'till I get there."
Leftcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:54 PM   #16
LR0929
Studio

Quote:

That's exactly why I decided to wait a little while, rather than immediately calling. First, I didn't want to wait on hold for the super long wait times people are currently experiencing due to Irma. Second, I didn't think they'd actually be able to do anything to help me recover them. And third, it wouldn't be the first time I've experienced a "glitch" or IT issue with Disney applications.
LR0929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:55 PM   #17
cvjw
Grand Villa

I know it is stressful right now, but Disney will fix it. If it is their fault, they will make it right. It will probably end up being better for you if they give you anytime fast passes. You will be able to ride what you want, when you want.

Less than a week before a big family vacation, my 8 night reservation in a BLT two bedroom disappeared. As did the 400+ points that it was made with. Member services had no clue what happened. They had to turn it over to Disney IT, who said just to come on to Orlando and they would figure it out.

Talk about a stressful week, but they finally figured it out. They will figure out yours too
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:51 PM   #18
dsquarednz
One Bedroom

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words and shared experiences!

Here's the update:

I spent an hour on the phone last night (note: I'm in NZ and 16 hours ahead of Orlando time) with Disney IT who uncovered that...the travel agent we bought our tickets from voided our tickets inexplicably. I didn't even know that was possible once we had linked them to the My Disney Experience accounts!

Thing is? We had trouble with this agent before and had already given them a second chance. The first set of tickets were voided before they even got to us. Once the second set worked and we had all our FastPasses, we thought we were in the clear. Nope!

After lots of panicked calls to the travel agent (in the UK) and Disney UK and DVC (trying to buy directly from Disney, which is difficult if not impossible), I finally got a promise from the travel agent that they would have tickets waiting for us on Saturday. And all of this would be in an email. I went to bed at 4:30am.

AND? No email this morning. DONE. I discovered that Disney discounted the AP Platinum Plus for us DVC peeps, and so I grabbed two. There is no chance we'll be back within the next year, and it was a bit more expensive, but we now have peace of mind.

And now to get my money back from the agent. Who is: American Attractions, btw. NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN.
dsquarednz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:12 PM   #19
Hi from RI
Two Bedroom

UGHHH....some times people do not deserve a second chance ...good luck...enjoy your trip...

ME ,DH , DS22 , DD20 , DD12

Stayed at : BLT, AKL, BWV, VGF, HHI, VERO, PVB,
DCL 2016
Before DVC Member: POR, ASM, PVR, OKW
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:23 PM   #20
SUSIEQ2
One Bedroom

So sorry you are going through this.
SUSIEQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote