home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-18-2017, 10:02 PM   #21
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Proud member of the Dinosaur Club. Thanks for this.
Not the Dinosaur Club at all. Not printing things out is a more advanced behavior.

And I didn't know about this either as I don't print anything that doesn't absolutely require printing.

Cheers.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:42 PM   #22
WiltonJohn
One Bedroom

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

best,

...............john
Old 09-19-2017, 12:13 AM   #23
MouseOfCards
Two Bedroom

Agree with others - thanks for sharing!
MouseOfCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:40 AM   #24
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Even my tablet vs phone can be different. I like MDE on my laptop as well.
Kind of depends on what I'm doing. If I'm searching for dining reservations, I prefer the laptop. For pretty much anything else, including modifying dining reservations, I prefer my phone or tablet. 54 days til my next trip!!!
Old 09-19-2017, 07:33 AM   #25
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Kind of depends on what I'm doing. If I'm searching for dining reservations, I prefer the laptop. For pretty much anything else, including modifying dining reservations, I prefer my phone or tablet. 54 days til my next trip!!!
Good point. There are some thing I like doing better in the app. Like modifying FP+ is one I definitely do in the app. Dining I've had enough glitches that I just prefer the website.

Yay for only being 54 days away!!! 43 days and I can book my next one LOL
Old 09-19-2017, 08:36 AM   #26
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
For a long time, I have wanted to be able to print out a list of all my plans on MDE. If I selected My Reservations, etc. I would see a Print button, but it would print out all hotel, then all dining, then all FPs. I wanted everything in order by date. If I did a screen shot, I got all kinds of junk that I didn't want to see. So, I had manually been putting together my own itineraries in the format I wanted.

Well, today, when I logged on to MDE, I clicked on my Profile Avatar and it brought up a page that had everything just like I wanted to see it, but there was no Print button there. I hit File, then Print and it printed out everything without giving me all the extra junk. I am beyond happy (it's the little things, ya know.) But I bet all of you knew to do this all along anyway--just sharing in case there might be one or two other dinosaurs out there like me that had not figured this out already

OK - I knew and didn't know about this. I know I've seen that page before because it's basically the landing page for the MDE account unless you choose a specific section to go to.

What I didn't know is that you can print out just the itinerary. Because there wasn't a print button, I just assumed that file/print would include the whole page, not just the daily plans. When I did a test (print preview), I could see that it would just print the schedule by day.

Thanks for the tip!

Dirk
Old 09-19-2017, 08:38 AM   #27
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Not the Dinosaur Club at all. Not printing things out is a more advanced behavior.

And I didn't know about this either as I don't print anything that doesn't absolutely require printing.

Cheers.
There are many reasons to print. I'm glad that in your world it isn't necessary.

It's also possible to print to .pdf, which keeps everything as a digital file without killing trees.

Given Disney's IT and frequent reports of reservations going missing, etc., some guests like to always have a back-up that they can present on the spot if there is a problem.

For others, they may be traveling with a large family where it's helpful to see everything in print around the dining table as you talk about your plans.

Just because your systems work for you, it doesn't mean they will work for others.

Dirk
Old 09-19-2017, 08:40 AM   #28
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
One more thing, it looks like when you get to the page that shows your itinerary all on one page in chronological order, if you look up to the top on the right hand side, you see an option that says "Find Showtimes" you can select what you want to search for, parades, character meets, etc. and then on the next page, choose your options and when you find what you want, you can select it and have it added to your itinerary as a "reminder."

I have never used this feature either, but I think it could be really helpful.
That was also helpful - and I can list the other members of my party so it shows up in their MDE accounts.

Dirk
Old 09-19-2017, 08:49 AM   #29
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
There are many reasons to print. I'm glad that in your world it isn't necessary.

It's also possible to print to .pdf, which keeps everything as a digital file without killing trees.

Given Disney's IT and frequent reports of reservations going missing, etc., some guests like to always have a back-up that they can present on the spot if there is a problem.

For others, they may be traveling with a large family where it's helpful to see everything in print around the dining table as you talk about your plans.

Just because your systems work for you, it doesn't mean they will work for others.

Dirk
We save files like you mentioned. Then I upload it to my google drive account so I can access it easily in many locations. I can also download to specific devices too. So if there are issues, I have a file to pull up quickly.

It came in handy in June when MDE was hosed a lot (simply wouldn't load at all nor would the web) and I was checking when we had scheduled fast passes.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:53 AM   #30
DVCJanine
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

This old dog, also, just learned a new trick!

However, be warned: for some reason not all my FPs appear on this page. After my panic attack subsided and my vision cleared, I found them still listed in the 'My Reservations & Tickets" tab'.

I have no problem penciling them in, but please double check if this is going to be your only source of reference.
DVCJanine is offline   Reply With Quote