home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-20-2017, 08:16 AM   #1
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Default FP+ 60 Day - Check-in first?

I have an SSR reservation for 11/20, so it's 60 day window opens tomorrow. Do I need to complete online check-in before I can book FP+ times, or can I book FP+ and then do online check-in?

FoP is my obvious concern here. I know it's 7:00 am and I don't want to get delayed!

Dirk
Old 09-20-2017, 08:21 AM   #2
melk
Grand Villa

I don't think one depends on the other. Last trip I didn't even do online check in but I had all my fast passes done ahead of time.
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:27 AM   #3
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Completely different things. You don't have to check in at all to make FP+ reservations. You just need to have a resort reservation linked to your MDE account.

So do your FP+ first and make your Pandora FP+ the first priority. That's what I am going to do for our December trip. Good luck!
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:38 AM   #4
carolina_yankee
Administrator

I was hoping it would be that simple. Thanks everyone!

Dirk
Old 09-20-2017, 09:00 AM   #5
clhlaptop
Grand Villa

Good luck with your passes. We will be on booking too. It is our first time visiting Thanksgiving week. I was getting nervous because on line it still only showed until October. Thanks for asking the question.
clhlaptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:08 AM   #6
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by clhlaptop View Post
Good luck with your passes. We will be on booking too. It is our first time visiting Thanksgiving week. I was getting nervous because on line it still only showed until October. Thanks for asking the question.
If you have separately purchased park admission linked to MDE, you will be able to make advance FP+ selections for the upcoming 30 days. This is normal.

The 60 day FP+ booking window will not open until you are 60 days from check-in date at a Disney Resort (Swan/Dolphin also qualify for 60 day FP+ booking).

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:29 AM   #7
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by clhlaptop View Post
You won't see 60 day available until the day you qualify to book at 60 days. Until your resort reservation qualifies you can only book 30 days ahead since technically you're still a non-resort stay at that point.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:54 AM   #8
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

FWIW
I have never done on line check it (on line check in forces you to set up a credit card for charging to the room which we usually do not do). This has not impacted our getting FPs at 60 days.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

My DVC Caste: Happy to be a Donald!
tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:55 AM   #9
Maddismom
One Bedroom

Recommend being on at 7 am sharp for FOP! My 60 day was yesterday and when I logged on and attempted to get FOP for Day 2 of our visit, it was not available! I was able to score it for Day 6 in the afternoon so this means we'll be visiting AK on 2 days which is not our typical plan but think it's worth it during this trip! Meanwhile, I'll keep checking to see if anything opens up on our original date...
Maddismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:23 AM   #10
Nickys
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddismom View Post
Recommend being on at 7 am sharp for FOP! My 60 day was yesterday and when I logged on and attempted to get FOP for Day 2 of our visit, it was not available! I was able to score it for Day 6 in the afternoon so this means we'll be visiting AK on 2 days which is not our typical plan but think it's worth it during this trip! Meanwhile, I'll keep checking to see if anything opens up on our original date...

Seems to be pretty universal now that day 4 is the earliest most people end up being able to book FoP at the 60 day mark.

It's worth remembering that if you end up needing to plan a second day at AK, and you have park hoppers, you could just book FoP on that day as early as possible. Then park hop and as soon as you tap in for FoP you could be booking ToT and RnR for the afternoon. Apart from 7dmt and FEA, most other rides are often possible to get the same day.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote