home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-02-2014, 03:29 PM   #11
nicsmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
For child swap, it is the "left out person" that gets to return and bring up to 2 guests. My 2 boys loved going on BMTR twice last week. They would have gotten to go on Test Track 2 times, but even the FP+ line was 45 minutes long (including ride time).
When was this? 45 min FP line?
nicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:33 PM   #12
Dana
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicsmom View Post
When was this? 45 min FP line?
This was Thursday, Jan. 30, 2014. My dh who was waiting told me this. He may have rounded, but he is an accurate time keeper. It included the ride time and our going in the line and coming out to meet him (at the Test track sign) time. Our time on Soarin' with a FP+ was close to the same (that was on Monday of the same week).
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:48 PM   #13
nicsmom
Grand Villa

Thanks for the update.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:55 PM   #14
BoardwalkWedCouple
Studio

Default My little Trick

Some times I will hold the rider swap pass for later in the day. My DW isn't a huge ride goer so she is fine to sit with the little guys and read while I take the older ones. This is perfect for us when we can save the swap pass for later in the day if you don't want to ride something twice back to back. Something like Soarin. When we have stayed at BCV we start the day with Soarin on our way to the MR and then save the rider swap for the end of the day as a last ride. My complaint here is that the fast pass distribution center are inside and downstairs, NO STROLLERS ALLOWED INSIDE. Sleeping kid = no rider swap.
BoardwalkWedCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:03 PM   #15
Micah008
Grand Villa

Just returned from a trip, and we use many Rider Switch Pass (aka Child Swap, aka Baby Swap) every day.

One thing I noticed that was different with them is that they no longer must be used on the same day they are collected. In fact, all of the ones we got expire on Feb 28th, so my guess is that they print out a month worth at a time now. This means we were actually able to use a few on the second day we were at a park making them every more useful than they were before.

The other way we used them was to avoid issues tiered rides with FP+. For example, I got a Test Track FP+ and my wife got a Soarin' FP+ and then we each got a Rider Switch Pass when we entered, then the other person used the Rider Switch Pass to ride the opposite ride.

Those little pieces of paper are very valuable, especially in a FP+ world.

At the end of the trip we had a few extras so we handed them to a family and it really made their day.

MousePerks
MOD 137 - Owner at Animal Kingdom Villas and Saratoga Springs Resort

Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV (Report); Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV; Jan '18 ???
Micah008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:13 PM   #16
OttawaWendy
DVC Board Guide

The title of this thread is hilarious. I thought it was for parents who are envious of another parent's child. "Whenever I see Mary's son he's always quietly sleeping in his carrier, while my little Tommy screams 14 hours a day. Let's switch."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modan View Post
I know it's not on your list of supported rides Tom but I thought I'd mention our experience in attempting to do this on TSM, and our basic logic of why it would make sense.

Me, DW, DS2 and DD2mo

We asked for a "baby swap" and were told they were not offered for the attraction because "there is no height restriction, so everyone can ride".

Unfortunately "riding" and enjoying the attraction are not one and the same. Try aiming and shooting at targets while holding a 2 month old.

It would have been nice for both DW and me to take DS one once while the other waited with DD2mo but the only way to do this (without FP's) is to wait in that nightmare line twice.

Bummer
Not only that, but while there isn't a height limit, I actually think there should be an age limit for those under 1 or 2, because the whirling cars are pretty tough for small ones with undeveloped necks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoardwalkWedCouple View Post
Some times I will hold the rider swap pass for later in the day. My DW isn't a huge ride goer so she is fine to sit with the little guys and read while I take the older ones. This is perfect for us when we can save the swap pass for later in the day if you don't want to ride something twice back to back. Something like Soarin. When we have stayed at BCV we start the day with Soarin on our way to the MR and then save the rider swap for the end of the day as a last ride. My complaint here is that the fast pass distribution center are inside and downstairs, NO STROLLERS ALLOWED INSIDE. Sleeping kid = no rider swap.
This is a real problem with the Land. I wish they'd put that fastpass machine outside the building. There's a lot of traffic inside the building that doesn't actually need to be there, so if they moved the machines, the inside would be a lot more pleasant.

OttawaBoy's birth announcement and hospital support thread - good to read if you need a cry

OttawaWendy's views on "buy where you want to stay" versus "buy where it's cheapest"

Previous trip reports:
December 2009 - AKV and SSR
March 2010 - HHI
December 2010 - Kidani
January 2013 - Boardwalk Villa (OB = 19 months)
November 2013 - AKL (OB = 31 months)
OttawaWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:27 PM   #17
nicsmom
Grand Villa

What if a child IS tall enough but won't ride. Will they still do the rider swap?
Old 02-08-2014, 09:01 AM   #18
BoardwalkWedCouple
Studio

Default Any single riders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicsmom View Post
What if a child IS tall enough but won't ride. Will they still do the rider swap?
Yes, they should. You just all need to be present at the gate to show your face.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:04 AM   #19
BoardwalkWedCouple
Studio

Default Face time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaWendy View Post

This is a real problem with the Land. I wish they'd put that fastpass machine outside the building. There's a lot of traffic inside the building that doesn't actually need to be there, so if they moved the machines, the inside would be a lot more pleasant.
I really not sure why they do it to us like that. If I run into this again I may try to face time with my wife so that they can see it. It just stinks that they need to be such sticklers sometimes. I know it is because it is such a popular ride.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:11 AM   #20
BoardwalkWedCouple
Studio

Default Process Engineering....can't turn it off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
J

Those little pieces of paper are very valuable, especially in a FP+ world.

This makes me rethink a lot of things. I hate that I always try to find an angle to everything. But you could use the MDE to set up each adult with a fast pass to different class A rides and use these babies to get the rest of the group/ opposite adult to be able to ride.

I agree with spreading the wealth. I often ask for a rider swap when I know my wife doesn't want to go just to find a family that looks like they could use them. Its like you handed them a winning lotto ticket!