home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-08-2014, 09:30 AM   #21
Micah008
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicsmom View Post
What if a child IS tall enough but won't ride. Will they still do the rider swap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoardwalkWedCouple View Post
Yes, they should. You just all need to be present at the gate to show your face.
I wouldn't count on it. It really depends on the Cast Member. Some are sticklers on this and insist that a Switch Pass is only for people when a child truly can't ride. Some are ok with it, so it doesn't hurt to try, but I wouldn't rely on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoardwalkWedCouple View Post
This makes me rethink a lot of things. I hate that I always try to find an angle to everything. But you could use the MDE to set up each adult with a fast pass to different class A rides and use these babies to get the rest of the group/ opposite adult to be able to ride.
We only used this technique to be able to do both Test Track and Soarin'. We setup the FP+ for each at different times, and then used the Switch Pass. At HS we all wanted to do TSMM as our Tier 1 ride, so no benefit there anyway (though we did do RnRC with the first adult through the Single Rider Line, and the second using the Rider Switch Pass).

MousePerks
MOD 137 - Owner at Animal Kingdom Villas and Saratoga Springs Resort

Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV (Report); Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV; Jan '18 ???
Micah008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:54 AM   #22
Xperiment626
One Bedroom

Default Really stupid question

Our first trip (yay), DD a tiny 4 yr old (currently just over 36 inches) so there are a lot of attractions she can't do (boo) but I don't want to miss out since it's our first trip, too!

So, does she (and second rider) have to wait in line the entire time to get the pass? I feel really bad making DD wait in line 45 minutes for a ride she can't even go on, so I might skip this option if that's the case.

Cast
Me
DD 5 :
DH
Xperiment626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:57 AM   #23
Dana
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xperiment626 View Post
Our first trip (yay), DD a tiny 4 yr old (currently just over 36 inches) so there are a lot of attractions she can't do (boo) but I don't want to miss out since it's our first trip, too!

So, does she (and second rider) have to wait in line the entire time to get the pass? I feel really bad making DD wait in line 45 minutes for a ride she can't even go on, so I might skip this option if that's the case.
No, but you have to bring her and the person not going to the cast member at the entry of the line.
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:14 AM   #24
Xperiment626
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
No, but you have to bring her and the person not going to the cast member at the entry of the line.
Excellent! Thanks! I can understand having non riders verify their existence! So glad to hear non riders don't have to wait in line too :-)

Cast
Me
DD 5 :
DH
Old 03-27-2015, 08:49 AM   #25
delfinavacano
Studio

Seven Dwarves Mine Train is now on this list. Daughter #2 was not allowed to ride because she was a "hair" under the required measurement and I had to take her to get ice cream to console her. They gave us a rider switch pass, but they had to make sure that we had little ones underneath the height restriction - we got rider switch passes twice and both times they wanted to see the babies to make sure. (This was last week.)

TSMM we were told about the no height restrictions but they said that we could wait on the side or something if we did want to switch out (because of our 10M old) and then do it when the other party got off - it was kind of confusing.
delfinavacano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:55 AM   #26
Belle & Ariel
One Bedroom

Are you able to get a baby swap pass when using fast pass? Seems like a duplicate fast pass.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:58 AM   #27
Dana
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel View Post
Are you able to get a baby swap pass when using fast pass? Seems like a duplicate fast pass.
Absolutely. It is essentially a FP for the 2nd person/group regardless of which line (regular vs. FP) the 1st person/group goes in.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:02 AM   #28
Quellman
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Absolutely. It is essentially a FP for the 2nd person/group regardless of which line (regular vs. FP) the 1st person/group goes in.
Helps a lot when in EPCOT and HS.
2002 DLHotel, 2010 SSR, 2011 SSR, 2012 DCL Magic, DLParis, BLT, 2013 VB, 2014 DCl Fantasy, BLT 2015 POP, BLT 2016 DCL Dream B2B, BLT 2017 PVB, DCL Fantasy(B2B), YC, BLT
Quellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:21 AM   #29
Dana
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quellman View Post
Helps a lot when in EPCOT and HS.
Yes, I agree. But, now that my youngest is getting older (although not tall enough yet), how will we survive without the rider swap?
Old 03-27-2015, 10:34 AM   #30
Xperiment626
One Bedroom

Quote:

So if DD is not tall enough for 7DMT I can book 1 FP for DH, then 2 for Peter Pan say same time. The 3 of us go to 7DMT, get rider switch pass for me, DH does 7DMT, I do PP with DD, then I do 7DMT...I essentially get a free FP?

Cast
Me
DD 5 :
DH