home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-11-2019, 05:13 PM   #1
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

Default Our short Valentines trip

We were not supposed to be at Disney this February. But when DH was unable to go on our extended family trip in December, we quickly made plans for this one.

He calls it spending $800 to save $200 (His SW airfare).

I was able to book 4 nights at SSR in a one bedroom back in December. This is our first stay at SSR.

We flew out of BWI yesterday morning (it was 24 degrees). And landed in rainy but warmer Orlando at 8:30am. Magical Express was quick and we arrived at SSR by 10am.

We checked in (room was not ready) and headed to Disney Springs. Did a little shopping and headed to Edisonís for lunch. We really enjoyed that and will be back.

Our room was ready by then so it was back to SSR and a much needed nap. (We had gotten up at 3am for our 6:30am flight).

Our room is in the Paddock. I had requested Grand Stand based on info from MO, but Paddock was my next choice. So, it is all good.

Rain stopped awhile we were resting. And we headed to Epcot. We were still full from lunch, but we checked out a couple of the art stands and found our spot for Illuminations.

It was a really nice evening. Watched the fireworks (my favorite) and slowly strolled out of the park.

Upcoming Trips:
7/28-8/1 BWV
9/29-10/2 SSR
10/20-10/27 AKV - Kidani
PirateLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:29 PM   #2
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

Day 2:
Today is Epcot day, with a break in the afternoon. We are not commando this trip. It is supposed to relaxing. So, we had a nice leisurely start and got to Epcot around 9:30.

We rode Test track, wondered around a a little and started our trip around the world. We were here last year for the Festival of the Arts. And the food was hit or miss. And expensive.

I still think itís more expensive than the other festivals. But, we have liked everything we tried so far this year. Th deconstructed BLT and cheesecake are yummy.

And I love looking at the art work. I just have to figure out what I want. (Our youngest DD once told our pastor years ago that our house looked like Mickey Mouse threw up on it).

I may have an addiction to Disney art work.

Tonight is back to Epcot. We want to catch the Broadway singers at the American Adventure.

Upcoming Trips:
7/28-8/1 BWV
9/29-10/2 SSR
10/20-10/27 AKV - Kidani
Old 02-11-2019, 07:26 PM   #3
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Sounds great!! Relax and enjoy!

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:18 AM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Off to a great start. Enjoy!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:31 AM   #5
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
We flew out of BWI yesterday morning (it was 24 degrees). And landed in rainy but warmer Orlando at 8:30am. Magical Express was quick and we arrived at SSR by 10am.
Just to let you know, we got 5" of snow yesterday....freezing rain and then all rain today........You picked a great time for a getaway! Money well spent!

Quote:
We checked in (room was not ready) and headed to Disney Springs. Did a little shopping and headed to Edisonís for lunch. We really enjoyed that and will be back.
Are they still offering the 40% off for DVC members for lunch?

Quote:
Our room is in the Paddock. I had requested Grand Stand based on info from MO, but Paddock was my next choice. So, it is all good.
The Paddock has become our new #1 location at SSR the past few years. The bus stop is never too full, the Paddock pool is fantastic and it has the full service quick service.

Quote:
It was a really nice evening. Watched the fireworks (my favorite) and slowly strolled out of the park.
Watch them while you still can....only 6-7 more months to go and then they will be gone forever.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:33 AM   #6
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Today is Epcot day, with a break in the afternoon. We are not commando this trip. It is supposed to relaxing. So, we had a nice leisurely start and got to Epcot around 9:30.
This will be exactly the same style of trip we will be doing in 11 days. Slow and steady, no kids.....having adult time!

Quote:
And I love looking at the art work. I just have to figure out what I want. (Our youngest DD once told our pastor years ago that our house looked like Mickey Mouse threw up on it).
And the problem with that is?

Post a picture of what you finally decided on purchasing!
Old 02-12-2019, 10:32 AM   #7
disneyridleys
Grand Villa

Yay!
Enjoy your relaxing vacation! Cannot wait to read more!
disneyridleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:30 PM   #8
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
Sounds great!! Relax and enjoy!
Thanks! We are having a wonderful time!

Upcoming Trips:
7/28-8/1 BWV
9/29-10/2 SSR
10/20-10/27 AKV - Kidani
Old 02-12-2019, 05:31 PM   #9
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Off to a great start. Enjoy!
Thanks!

Upcoming Trips:
7/28-8/1 BWV
9/29-10/2 SSR
10/20-10/27 AKV - Kidani
Old 02-12-2019, 05:56 PM   #10
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Just to let you know, we got 5" of snow yesterday....freezing rain and then all rain today........You picked a great time for a getaway! Money well spent!

Are they still offering the 40% off for DVC members for lunch?

The Paddock has become our new #1 location at SSR the past few years. The bus stop is never too full, the Paddock pool is fantastic and it has the full service quick service.

Watch them while you still can....only 6-7 more months to go and then they will be gone forever.
I donít know if they are offering the 40% off at The Edison. They are giving the AP, DVC and TIW discounts. We used TIW. Our waitress didnít say what the DVC discount was. I kind of figured TIW would be our best choice.

5 inches of snow. That explains why our Son In Law was off yesterday. He teaches at a Howard County middle school. I donít think we got that much in Annapolis.

We like the location of the Paddock. We had breakfast at the Artist Palette this morning, so we tried to get a bus at the Springs for DHS. We had to wait for a second bus, because the first was full.

We actually have a July trip booked specifically beacause Illuminations is going away.

Upcoming Trips:
7/28-8/1 BWV
9/29-10/2 SSR
10/20-10/27 AKV - Kidani