home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 09:05 AM   #1
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Default The problem with multiple use years

I have three use years, I always book my summer vacation in the 11 month window. I must have had a brain cloud when booking this year, and in the middle of my vacation (change between use years) I have an empty night :-(. I just put in for it on the waitlist. Hoping it comes in, or else, I am going to have to cut it short. I can't believe I had a total brain cloud when booking.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:07 AM   #2
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Sorry for your glitch. I check these in MDE, once I link all reservation, list should go in a flow.

OTOH, did you try cash reservation to fill in the gap?

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:29 AM   #3
ajc
Grand Villa

or transfer to a different non-DVC WDW resort for that night?
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:42 AM   #4
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

I have the bcv booked in a two bedroom. The missing night is Friday night so i an hoping someone drops it since it is a weekend. Will look into cash....
Old 01-12-2018, 10:49 AM   #5
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
I have three use years, I always book my summer vacation in the 11 month window. I must have had a brain cloud when booking this year, and in the middle of my vacation (change between use years) I have an empty night :-(. I just put in for it on the waitlist. Hoping it comes in, or else, I am going to have to cut it short. I can't believe I had a total brain cloud when booking.
I've done that too! Don't feel bad, I think it is easy to overlook because if you just look at the dates all the dates are there between the two reservations running consecutively. But, because you have two reservations you really should have one date that seems like it overlaps, but really the day that overlaps is a check-out day with a consecutive check-in day.

If you just have one night on a wait list, I think you will have a very good chance of it filling. I also agree with other posters, if you can get a cash reservation to fill in the gap that would be great. Hopefully you won't have to move for just one night. That would be a PITA.

Good luck!

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:15 PM   #6
bwvBound
Grand Villa

The OP's dilemma is one of my fears as related to booking animal care for our trips. We have a full calendar of "little getaways" and I'm so worried that I'll space on booking care for one or more critter .... juggling too many different animal types.
  • The bird kennels with his specialized, avian vet. It is a long, long drive to reach that vet ... but the bird has been comfortable with his care for more than 30 years. I dare not introduce a change.
  • The horses? I'm fortunate to have really great care givers surrounding me ... so the horses remain at home.
  • The dog? LOL, specialized "like home" boarding. Naturally, the dog's boarding is the opposite direction of the bird's boarding. Lots of driving!
  • The cats? They stay home and piggyback off the horse care. Just gotta set up the auto feeders, etc.
I seriously wish I could find a "timeshare" system for the animal care ...
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:53 PM   #7
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Holding room on cash...1,000 for the night...hoping waitlist comes through.....
Old 01-12-2018, 02:04 PM   #8
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Holding room on cash...1,000 for the night...hoping waitlist comes through.....
It's just one night. I think your odds are really good. I hope it works out for you!

I hate that feeling of not having a night -- stinks big time. I'm currently hoping for two individual nights at VGF in a standard studio for Nov 4 and Nov 5, 2018. I have the 6th, but originally planned to check out the 4th. Now we want to extend our stay But, I do think the wait list system has improved greatly, so I'm really, really hoping my two nights fill.

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:23 PM   #9
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
It's just one night. I think your odds are really good. I hope it works out for you!

I hate that feeling of not having a night -- stinks big time. I'm currently hoping for two individual nights at VGF in a standard studio for Nov 4 and Nov 5, 2018. I have the 6th, but originally planned to check out the 4th. Now we want to extend our stay But, I do think the wait list system has improved greatly, so I'm really, really hoping my two nights fill.
You should have good luck, especially this far out:-). I hoping to have good luck with BCV ... I am having a hard time swallowing 1,000 for one night
Old 01-12-2018, 08:42 PM   #10
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I have the bcv booked in a two bedroom. The missing night is Friday night so i an hoping someone drops it since it is a weekend. Will look into cash....
Friday night will be the hardest to get in my opinion.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote