home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-05-2017, 07:27 AM   #491
ealvarado8899
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebunny72 View Post
Discover's Cash Back bonus categories are out for the rest of the year. No more Wholesale Club's.

https://www.discover.com/credit-card...-calendar.html
Too bad. Restaurants sounded good for our visit to WDW next month. But it probably still makes more sense to buy as many gift cards @ 5% off wholesale price with the 1% Disney card over just using Discover for our restaurant purchases @ 5%.
2009 - Off site - Christmas
2012 - Polynesian - October
2015 - Art of Animation - Christmas week
2016 - Purchase DVC!
2016 - SSR - Thanksgiving Week
2017 - SSR - June
2017 - BWV - June
2018 - SSR - March - Spring Break

----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:32 AM   #492
ealvarado8899
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonv1 View Post
Immediately.

I keep an empty card linked to my account at all times just in case I lose the one I am carrying. That way I can quickly empty out the "lost" card into my backup (which I keep in my room).

You just have to remember to photograph the numbers on the card(s) you carry around the parks.

(FYI, I never leave cards with a balance attached to my account. This way if my account is hacked I can't lose anything).
Can't say I have ever lost a card, but if I did, it would be easy to just go buy a $25 gift card somewhere and transfer the balance to that. Not sure why you need to keep the number around either, in disneygiftcards.com, you can give it a friendly name. So we bought a number of unique cards from Amazon.com and labeled each card with the character. I then transfer spending money to each person in the family on their character card. No need to know the number.
2016 - Purchase DVC!
2017 - SSR - June
2017 - BWV - June

Old 05-05-2017, 08:29 AM   #493
Jasonv1
Two Bedroom

I prefer not to keep any cards with a balance linked to the account in case the account is compromised.

While I'll admit the Disney GC site is less of a target than say Amazon or Paypal it only takes one bored criminal to take a crack at it. They could easily log in, transfer out balances to any linked cards, and spend that money before you even knew what was going on.

We are fortunate that Disney even provides such a site; look at the issues last fall with eBay/Paypal Digital Gift cards. Cards were being emptied out months after purchase (https://slickdeals.net/f/9095623-psa...e-an-0-balance). At least with Disney we can move balances to cards we know should be relatively safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealvarado8899 View Post
Can't say I have ever lost a card, but if I did, it would be easy to just go buy a $25 gift card somewhere and transfer the balance to that. Not sure why you need to keep the number around either, in disneygiftcards.com, you can give it a friendly name. So we bought a number of unique cards from Amazon.com and labeled each card with the character. I then transfer spending money to each person in the family on their character card. No need to know the number.

DVC properties I've tried: VWL-BRV (owner), AUL (owner), SSR (owner), VB, VGF, BWV, PVB, BLT, AKV
Waiting to close on: BWV, VGC
Jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:12 PM   #494
bluebunny72
Studio

Bought a $500 Disney GC at Sam's club in store 2 weeks ago for $474.98. Noticed hanging beside them were ones marked for $5 more. Tonight I see the $500 are finally back online at Samsclub.com, but for this higher price.

bluebunny72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:20 AM   #495
ealvarado8899
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Bought a $500 Disney GC at Sam's club in store 2 weeks ago for $474.98. Noticed hanging beside them were ones marked for $5 more. Tonight I see the $500 are finally back online at Samsclub.com, but for this higher price.
Funny, I didn't even notice. I just grabbed 3 for our next trip at the 479.98 price. I did not see the lower price one at our SAMs.
2016 - Purchase DVC!
2017 - SSR - June
2017 - BWV - June

Old 05-12-2017, 11:14 AM   #496
bluebunny72
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealvarado8899 View Post
Funny, I didn't even notice. I just grabbed 3 for our next trip at the 479.98 price. I did not see the lower price one at our SAMs.
So now Sam's instead of 5% off, is only 4%.

The $150 cards are $142.98 (online) which is is slightly better deal.
bluebunny72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 01:47 PM   #497
Jasonv1
Two Bedroom

Sigh, typos. Thanks bluebunny72! Fixed now:

BJ's still does 5% off for some values ($100 included). No membership required, free shipping, and I've bought over $1000 worth (I think it was $1400) at once before. Don't forget to go through ebates for another 1% back, as that has worked before too.

Discover is the one doing the 5% back at wholesale clubs this quarter, not the one selling the cards! Doh.

Quote:

DVC properties I've tried: VWL-BRV (owner), AUL (owner), SSR (owner), VB, VGF, BWV, PVB, BLT, AKV
Waiting to close on: BWV, VGC

Last edited by Jasonv1; 05-15-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:06 PM   #498
ealvarado8899
Two Bedroom

Quote:

I know, a bummer. Still, with the 5% discover discount it is 9% off which is better than the 2% with the Disney Visa alone.
2016 - Purchase DVC!
2017 - SSR - June
2017 - BWV - June

Old 05-23-2017, 07:37 PM   #499
bamacbat
Two Bedroom

Default 15% off + $100 cash back for disneys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonv1 View Post
Sigh, typos. Thanks bluebunny72! Fixed now:

BJ's still does 5% off for some values ($100 included). No membership required, free shipping, and I've bought over $1000 worth (I think it was $1400) at once before. Don't forget to go through ebates for another 1% back, as that has worked before too.

Discover is the one doing the 5% back at wholesale clubs this quarter, not the one selling the cards! Doh.
Didn't know you could buy without membership. However I signed up for 3 months free membership with doctor of credit's link earlier this month. I used a referral link to get a new discover it with a $50 sign up cash back bonus (referrer gets $50 also). Discover doubles the cash back for the 1st year. So, through the end of June, all that makes the $100 disney cards 15% off plus $100 cash back for signing up since the referral bonus gets doubled as well. I did a test purchase on a single $100 disney today to make sure that the 5% is tracking right for BJ's. There have been some reports of not tracking right at other wholesalers because the charge code changed from wholesale club. I did forget to try ebates with the test purchase. I will add that for the rest of the purchases to max out the $1500 for the quarter. If anyone needs the link for the BJ's free membership or a discover IT referral link PM me and I will happily provide. BamaCbat

Last edited by bamacbat; 05-23-2017 at 07:40 PM. Reason: typo
bamacbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 04:30 PM   #500
Leftcoaster
Founding Member

BJ's has a bit of a promo going on right now. The 3 pack of $50 gift cards is selling for $140.49 right now. Percentagewise, this is the best discount out there right now for Disney gift cards.

www.twitter.com/morerumlesscoke

"Being a princess means so much more than wearing a tiara and a pretty dress" - Cinderellabration

"Don't do anything Revengy 'till I get there."
Leftcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote