home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-11-2017, 07:50 PM   #11
RodriguezDVC
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
It's not. Both are designed to be ready for the opening of Star Wars land. I think that the gondola being available on site enhances potential DVC sales, but I would not expect them to connect one of these to the building at this point.
Maybe... but I think it would be really cool if they did... and REALLY enhance the DVC.

RodriguezDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:37 PM   #12
Jcsquirrel
Two Bedroom

Default Glass half something

Many people are talking this could add value to a new DVC resort and I do think the system is cool, but they are building the same system going to art of animation. That is not only not DVC it is a value, in fact the map on the link makes it look like Art of Animation would have the best station the one in CBR is listed as a turn. Clearly this is looking ahead to Star Wars opening and fears of a huge rush of people. Maybe it will be a used as a selling point for CBR, but values are going to have the same system. This seems like a huge addition for those resorts and their very crowded buses. It also seems odd that they do not put the pick up at BWV and why wouldn't they make a connection between the BWV turn and Studios?
Jcsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:50 AM   #13
OffToTheMouse
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Since the gondola system is also going over to value resorts, I can't see a world where they make it a DVC Perk. In the extreme they could sell daily/weekly/yearly passes to ride the gondolas and allow certain room types free rides, but they may as well charge for using the boats or monorail at that point.
They will have signature restaurants at the new DVC section. I am sure they will want through traffic as well. Charging for the rides would be like charging for ME. I think it will be part of the transport package. But charging for the transport package is I am sure on the block to become an add on fee. Scan your band to ride is simple to implement and will have a huge return.
OffToTheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:23 AM   #14
pdude81
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcsquirrel View Post
Many people are talking this could add value to a new DVC resort and I do think the system is cool, but they are building the same system going to art of animation. That is not only not DVC it is a value, in fact the map on the link makes it look like Art of Animation would have the best station the one in CBR is listed as a turn. Clearly this is looking ahead to Star Wars opening and fears of a huge rush of people. Maybe it will be a used as a selling point for CBR, but values are going to have the same system. This seems like a huge addition for those resorts and their very crowded buses. It also seems odd that they do not put the pick up at BWV and why wouldn't they make a connection between the BWV turn and Studios?
I could see them wanting a boardwalk station for shopping/dining, but with less than a mile walk to either the Epcot or DHS stations it's not really needed. If they put a full station there and connected it to DHS, then they'd have to figure out which cars to send which way, as opposed to transferring from one line to another. My guess is that they want to limit the number of stops when possible in the initial roll-out.

I'm really interested to see how this goes after the initial roll-out, as they could connect AKV to Coronado Springs and DHS, and then maybe even a long distance gondola from MK to DHS as well. Or maybe they would put in another parking lot like the TTC for Gondola Central Station. The possibilities are endless!
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:50 PM   #15
richviii
One Bedroom

While I put MO in a well educated (in terms of DVC), there are plenty of folks who will sign-up new for DVC with anything they say. So regardless of the features or conveniences, it will sell. We see it across the spectrum of options and wonder but again, we are MOs.

2018 Apr - BCV & BLT

Recent
2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani

2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:00 PM   #16
RodriguezDVC
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcsquirrel View Post
What they submitted was a proposal, not the final solution. There's still a possibility that if they build a DVC Tower, they'll end up putting an entrance to the Gondola right there.

RodriguezDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:38 PM   #17
pdude81
Two Bedroom

Looking back, it would be kind of silly for them to build a DVC tower and then make you walk halfway through the resort to get on it (down to south of CBR). RodriguezDVC has a good point that if this thing is passing right next to where the new tower is supposed to be, that they would want some access there. My assumption would be next to the building and not into it, but it would be easy to have an walkway over there and separate foundations.

I guess what I wasn't thinking about before is that they could have a local stop at each one of these turn stations without adding any additional lines. It gets a little tricky for optimization, but they could choose to have a mid-station at the turn or simply a turn, depending on how important the location is.

I don't see why they'd want a stop in the Boardwalk parking lot when people could get off at the IG, but for maintenance it might be cheaper to just leave a station there to offload or park vehicles at night.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #18
Patricksp
One Bedroom

I wonder if there will be a Station for the new planned Moderate DVC resort?

I have heard others that this system could be based on the one they have in London. I don't think it will be as High as other Gondola systems, I think they will be as high as the Monorail is now.
Patricksp is offline   Reply With Quote