home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-19-2017, 01:21 PM   #61
luaulei321
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Please : I'm still feeling today and I haven't even gotten to the RTB yet....
I hope you feel better soon, Kim!
luaulei321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:27 PM   #62
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicriseg View Post
The odds of having your stroller ripped off at WDW are low anyway. Probably lower than a lot of things we already disregard as non-risks, but I'm guessing.
I agree it is low. I have my weird someone walked off with ours and no kid in it but got it back story, but generally speaking I don't think it happens often. We never had an issue before then even with our nice jogger.

I know the world sucks and all but this was low on our list of worries when we traveled. In our case we'd just have bought or rented another one and moved on.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:07 PM   #63
Caren90
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I agree it is low. I have my weird someone walked off with ours and no kid in it but got it back story, but generally speaking I don't think it happens often. We never had an issue before then even with our nice jogger.

I know the world sucks and all but this was low on our list of worries when we traveled. In our case we'd just have bought or rented another one and moved on.
If a stroller gets purloined it is probably by accident. I "steal" people's grocery carts while shopping all the time by accident. I usually don't notice until I'm two aisles away. Of course the ones with kids sitting in them I know enough to leave alone. They are dangerously expensive (financially and emotionally).

Stephen
Caren90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:03 AM   #64
flypwm
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post

I agree. And I'm not sure if I mentioned it in the thread, I think I did, but I actually did have someone walk off with our stroller. It turned out to be a mistake (orange City Mini owners unite), and they realized it and brought it back because theirs was full of belongings - ours wasn't. We still bring our stroller, park it, and really don't worry about it. We just take our crap out of it, so if it gets taken, it's only the stroller and life goes on. It's not as though I have $300 burning a hole in my pocket to buy another and so I don't care, it's just that the risk is minimal.
flypwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:20 PM   #65
Jedimom3
Two Bedroom

We (ok....I ) was guilty of walking several paces with another stroller. We had decent, but under $40 strollers, and after one ride, I took off with an exact red stroller like DS's one. I think it was between Soarin and Nemo, as the CMs move those things all over the place. Didn't get far then realized mistake, but very glad the other owners didn't see or have to panic. We often came out of rides and took quite awhile to find out stroller. great idea to get some bright, different color or marking to have it stand out.
Jedimom3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:59 AM   #66
Kickapoo Joie Juice
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
Hubby didn't have to fly there because of the keys. A quick call to a car dealership with the VIN number can create a duplicate key. Requesting a porter to run it over and paid for via cc from hubby with a phone call could have gotten her out of that mess a little easier. And, I'm thinking in an emergency, Disney paramedics most likely carry Epi pens with them. I guess what I'm saying is I'm not sure if this story required a news article. Strollers are stollen every day, and there are solutions to the problem, so why is her story so much more important to any other victim? Maybe because the thief got caught I suppose.
No, actually, I just had to fly to Ft. Lauderdale last month because my husband lost his keys at a boat show.

We have a Mercedes with keyless entry. Creating a duplicate key involves talking to the dealership, verification of ownership, and several days of hassle, not to mention about $300. If it's a Sunday you are shit out of luck.

It was actually cheaper for me to use his frequent flyer miles and hop on a flight than it would have been to get a new key made, plus he had a business flight out to seattle the next day and had to be back in atlanta. So, I flew down to Ft. Lauderdale, handed him his keys, and we road-tripped back to Atlanta that night. I never even saw palm trees!

While I'd never spend 1800 on a stroller, I don't have a problem with people who like luxury items (see mercedes, above). I think she was careless for leaving her keys, but who expects keys to be stolen? If I did have a stroller that expensive, it'd sure as hell have a lock for it and the castmembers can just suck it about having to drag that sucker around to put it where they want it (I know where to park and where not to). I'm also glad I have teenagers and don't have to worry about this anymore, but I can totally see being a grandparent someday and going to town on a hella-nice stroller, and not wanting it stolen.

I hope Disney bans the asshat who makes a living stealing from others-I think what made me the angriest was when the reporter knocked on the front door and it had America craft stuff decorating it. You, lady, don't deserve to be a citizen of our fine country.

Last edited by Kickapoo Joie Juice; 05-25-2017 at 08:09 AM.
Kickapoo Joie Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:49 AM   #67
anne122679
One Bedroom

That stroller cost almost as much as my first car.
anne122679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 03:29 AM   #68
skelster
Two Bedroom

Default expensive

That's too darn expensive stroller.
skelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:17 AM   #69
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne122679 View Post
That stroller cost almost as much as my first car.
That stroller cost more than my first car! But I'm old and the car was ancient.
Old 06-13-2017, 12:11 PM   #70
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickapoo Joie Juice View Post
No, actually, I just had to fly to Ft. Lauderdale last month because my husband lost his keys at a boat show.

We have a Mercedes with keyless entry. Creating a duplicate key involves talking to the dealership, verification of ownership, and several days of hassle, not to mention about $300. If it's a Sunday you are shit out of luck.

It was actually cheaper for me to use his frequent flyer miles and hop on a flight than it would have been to get a new key made, plus he had a business flight out to seattle the next day and had to be back in atlanta. So, I flew down to Ft. Lauderdale, handed him his keys, and we road-tripped back to Atlanta that night. I never even saw palm trees!

While I'd never spend 1800 on a stroller, I don't have a problem with people who like luxury items (see mercedes, above). I think she was careless for leaving her keys, but who expects keys to be stolen? If I did have a stroller that expensive, it'd sure as hell have a lock for it and the castmembers can just suck it about having to drag that sucker around to put it where they want it (I know where to park and where not to). I'm also glad I have teenagers and don't have to worry about this anymore, but I can totally see being a grandparent someday and going to town on a hella-nice stroller, and not wanting it stolen.

I hope Disney bans the asshat who makes a living stealing from others-I think what made me the angriest was when the reporter knocked on the front door and it had America craft stuff decorating it. You, lady, don't deserve to be a citizen of our fine country.

I've never had to do this. However the experience of someone I know who locked their keys in their car while out of town was that a local dealership was able to get them a key that would open the door fairly quickly, but getting a key that would start the car would have been far more difficult and not something that could be done on a weekend. If I remember correctly, a key that would start the car had to be ordered. Along the same lines, I asked at my dealership just about getting an extra key when I misplaced my spare and was told they couldn't make it there, they would have to order it for me. Then they told me how much it would cost and I decided to double down on my efforts to find that spare.

I guess different car manufactures are different, but I wouldn't count on being able to get a quick replacement for a lost key.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

My DVC Caste: Happy to be a Donald!
tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote