home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-07-2017, 12:28 AM   #51
mousefansmom
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
This is one of the many articles on it:
http://www.slashfilm.com/disneyland-maxpass/

It was announced while I was on a trip there and the local news all had coverage about it too.
Just had time to read this...Six Flags does this, but it is much more costly (I think it is between 35 and 50 per person depending on the "type" you buy. If it is too cheap, everyone gets one and it defeats the purpose....
mousefansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:23 PM   #52
micepace42
Studio

Red face Any Updates?

Hello -

I was wondering if anyone has had any update or success with helping renters confirm a DVC reservation for GCV? I know in the past confirming a reservation as a renter was futile at best. The Disneyland website does not seem to be capable and calling was a "dead end" as they could not provide any information to anyone other than an owner.

I realize a confirmation e-mail from Disney is available. There SHOULD be a way for a renter to have access to their own reservation details and such.

Any changes, observations, useful information?

micepace42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:35 PM   #53
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by micepace42 View Post
Hello -

I was wondering if anyone has had any update or success with helping renters confirm a DVC reservation for GCV? I know in the past confirming a reservation as a renter was futile at best. The Disneyland website does not seem to be capable and calling was a "dead end" as they could not provide any information to anyone other than an owner.

I realize a confirmation e-mail from Disney is available. There SHOULD be a way for a renter to have access to their own reservation details and such.

DVC still has the same system they did and DL still has the same system they did so no, no changes.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:24 AM   #54
YMMDVCer
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Hello -

We just traded this January with another member. We own at the VGC, it's absolute trust and that confirmation email is the only paperwork.
YMMDVCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:57 AM   #55
Boundin'
Grand Villa

I have this situation now. I have rented points from a VGC owner. I will tell you what I learned in trying to confirm the reservation.

The reservation does not show up on my MDE when I add it.
Disney cannot access the point owners DVC account for me because of a fiduciary relationship.
However, they can access the reservation through a back door method to confirm it for you. They can see the information through the ticketing system as opposed to the DVC account. They were able to confirm the reservation for me in this manner.

The problem is, how do you know if the owner cancelled the reservation after you confirmed or rec'd a copy of the reservation. That is why I confirm about once a month with Disney and will continue to confirm until right up before I leave. In God I trust.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

recent and upcoming
POP! BLT BCV 5/21-5/31/2015
BLT Poly BCV 9/26-10/6/2015
DL 9/10-9/15/2015
BCV NYE! 12/29/2015-1/4/2016
Spring Surprise BWV AKL 5/27-6/5/2016
Universal Hard Rock 9/30-10/4/2016 Halloween Horror Nights!
Poly- DCL Dream -BCV10/14-10/25/16
SSR 4/7-4/11/17
BLT-BWV 5/27-6/4/17
DL and Vegas 9/15-9/25/17
BCV F&W 10/4-10/9/17
BCV NYE 12/28/17-1/3/18
Disney Fantasy 5/21/2018
Disney Dream 9/17/2018

DVC owner The Three B's BCV BWV BLT

Last edited by Boundin'; 05-19-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:31 PM   #56
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastSkinsFan View Post
I recently worked out a deal to rent points for a stay at the Grand Californian this coming year, and I realized later on that there doesn't seem to be a convenient system for verifying reservations, compared to WDW.

Any recommendations for confirming that the room is reserved, under the correct names, etc. I do have the initial confirmation E-Mail, but I'm a worrier by nature, so I thought it might be good to have other ways to check it out.

Thoughts? Ideas?
Have owner email you his confirmation email he received. That is what Matt did for me.

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010
henrycpa91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:52 PM   #57
micepace42
Studio

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
I have this situation now. I have rented points from a VGC owner. I will tell you what I learned in trying to confirm the reservation.

The reservation does not show up on my MDE when I add it.
Disney cannot access the point owners DVC account for me because of a fiduciary relationship.
However, they can access the reservation through a back door method to confirm it for you. They can see the information through the ticketing system as opposed to the DVC account. They were able to confirm the reservation for me in this manner.

The problem is, how do you know if the owner cancelled the reservation after you confirmed or rec'd a copy of the reservation. That is why I confirm about once a month with Disney and will continue to confirm until right up before I leave. In God I trust.

Using the ticketing system...does that mean you have purchased park tickets for your dates of stay? Apologies, not sure how to utilize this?

As far as an owner cancelling after, not sure why any owner would do that or want to do than other than for non-payment. But, I would think they would have a very difficult time being able rent again...at least on this board.

Thanks for any assistance...

micepace42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:02 PM   #58
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Quote:
Using the ticketing system...does that mean you have purchased park tickets for your dates of stay? Apologies, not sure how to utilize this?

As far as an owner cancelling after, not sure why any owner would do that or want to do than other than for non-payment. But, I would think they would have a very difficult time being able rent again...at least on this board.

Thanks for any assistance...
The way to utilize it is call DVC member services, explain the situation to the CM who will tell you they cannot access another member's DVC site. Explain to them there is a way to see the reservation through another system (they called it ticketing). Give them the reservation number and they can confirm the dates and whose name is on the reservation.

I understand that the chances of an owner reneging on a rental, especially on this board, are remote. But I'm just not the type of person to fly across the country without having confirmation that there is a room waiting for me when I get there. That's a little too much faith in someone I've never met for me.

recent and upcoming
DL 9/10-9/15/2015
SSR 4/7-4/11/17
BLT-BWV 5/27-6/4/17
BCV F&W 10/4-10/9/17
BCV NYE 12/28/17-1/3/18
Disney Fantasy 5/21/2018
Disney Dream 9/17/2018

Old 05-19-2017, 02:58 PM   #59
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
The way to utilize it is call DVC member services, explain the situation to the CM who will tell you they cannot access another member's DVC site. Explain to them there is a way to see the reservation through another system (they called it ticketing). Give them the reservation number and they can confirm the dates and whose name is on the reservation.

I understand that the chances of an owner reneging on a rental, especially on this board, are remote. But I'm just not the type of person to fly across the country without having confirmation that there is a room waiting for me when I get there. That's a little too much faith in someone I've never met for me.
It's still about trust because an owner has complete control of the reservation until the end. Managing to confirm on a certain day just means it existed at that time. If one has reason to doubt then they probably are working with the wrong owner or shouldn't bother with renting at all.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:31 PM   #60
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
It's still about trust because an owner has complete control of the reservation until the end. Managing to confirm on a certain day just means it existed at that time. If one has reason to doubt then they probably are working with the wrong owner or shouldn't bother with renting at all.
I rented through David, but how could you not have doubt. You have no visibility to the reservation and you have paid in advance. I'll just keep calling once a month. It makes me feel better.

recent and upcoming
DL 9/10-9/15/2015
SSR 4/7-4/11/17
BLT-BWV 5/27-6/4/17
BCV F&W 10/4-10/9/17
BCV NYE 12/28/17-1/3/18
Disney Fantasy 5/21/2018
Disney Dream 9/17/2018