home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-19-2017, 03:54 PM   #1
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Default New CCR Webcast

For those that have slow mail or no mail from DVC,
I received a postcard yesterday for the latest CCR Webcast starring HGTV's Sabrina Soto.
There is also a sweepstake entry.

www.makingsofanewfrontier.com

I knew those were HGTV rooms!!
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:16 PM   #2
disney65
Grand Villa

Thx for the link, I did not receive any communication or I may have deleted it without looking.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:19 PM   #3
DVCjj
Two Bedroom

Default Webcast Tour & Jetted Tub

I received the card also and took the webcast tour. I got 80% of the way through......up to the Cabin part (of course, the one I really wanted to see!) and I got distracted and accidentally shut down the tab. So mad at myself as I have to now start from the beginning and don't want to register all over again.

The part that got me thinking was in the tour of the 1 bedroom she mentioned the jetted tub. Why in the world would Disney put in jetted tubs after getting rid of them at BCV? (Home resort)

I know we've discussed the cons of the jetted tubs before but if they were valid, why put into brand new accommodations?

PS: I thought the webcast was well done. Made me want to buy more points. Talking myself out of it as we speak.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:01 PM   #4
Suflay
Grand Villa

Watched the video, but the Enter Sweepstakes tab wouldn't work. Never could get to the entry page.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:16 PM   #5
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suflay View Post
Watched the video, but the Enter Sweepstakes tab wouldn't work. Never could get to the entry page.
I thought the same thing, but I believe just hitting that tab signed you up, as you completed your contact information prior to watching the video. So, after watching, hitting the enter the sweepstakes tab probably took the information you inputted. Wish it should have showed a confirmation page though so there would be no question.

If anyone else had a different result after hitting the enter sweepstakes tab at the end of the video, can you please chime in so we know we have to redo. Thanks.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:26 PM   #6
reblzmom
Two Bedroom

At the end of the webcast I hit the Enter button and received a message that said something like thanks, you are entered/registered.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:30 PM   #7
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by reblzmom View Post
At the end of the webcast I hit the Enter button and received a message that said something like thanks, you are entered/registered.
I think I'm going to rewatch it again to be on the safe side, as when I hit the Enter button, it just went back to the beginning, where you would hit a tab if you were a DVC Member or Visitor. Thought it was odd that I didn't get any type of confirmation/acknowledgement.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:31 PM   #8
bwvBound
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
The part that got me thinking was in the tour of the 1 bedroom she mentioned the jetted tub. Why in the world would Disney put in jetted tubs after getting rid of them at BCV? (Home resort)

I know we've discussed the cons of the jetted tubs before but if they were valid, why put into brand new accommodations?
I watched some other webcast last weekend and thought the same thing, "Whaaaat? Jetted Tubs? Hadn't they justified pulling them out?"

So, my only thought, at this point: DVC knows that jetted tubs are a strong selling point for a new resort. Just wait a few years and dump the in a refresh cycle claiming health concerns, etc.
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:37 PM   #9
reblzmom
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
I think I'm going to rewatch it again to be on the safe side, as when I hit the Enter button, it just went back to the beginning, where you would hit a tab if you were a DVC Member or Visitor. Thought it was odd that I didn't get any type of confirmation/acknowledgement.
Did you sign in with your membership ID and other info at the beginning?
Old 05-19-2017, 05:42 PM   #10
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by reblzmom View Post
Did you sign in with your membership ID and other info at the beginning?
Yes I did, that's why I thought that they have my info, so I'm good. But, never got the confirm at the end. Just rerouted back to the beginning. I'm good with rewatching though. Gives me a better idea if I want to stay their at some point.