home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-29-2018, 07:48 PM   #31
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy kc View Post
USDOT puts the annual number at 37,461, or 102 per day. https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-releases...fic-crash-data
Don't look at the data on unrestrained children, it will break your heart.
Yeah, that seems more realistic. I thought the numbers I was given were awful high. So much for fact checking before I went on the air

Following your provided link and adding the totals for each cause of death, I get an annual total of 47,402 (almost 130 per day). Maybe they're counting multiple causes as one accident in the 37,461 total???

and MNSSHP!

NOV 2005 Grand Floridian (cash) - engagement!
FEB 2007 Port Orleans Riverside (cash)
APR 2009 Polynesian (cash)
JUN 2011 Contemporary (cash)
OCT 2011 Contemporary (cash) - MNSSHP
! New DVC Owners !
OCT 2013 BLT/VGF opening day
MAY 2014 BLT
OCT 2014 BLT - MNSSHP
MAY 2016 AKV - MK After-Hours
AUG 2016 VGF
OCT 2016 BLT -MNSSHP
APR 2017 OKW
OCT 2017 VGF - MNSSHP
DEC 2017 BLT
APR 2018 Coronado Springs (cash)
SEP 2018 BCV
OCT 2018 CCV -MNSSHP

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:10 PM   #32
MagicAllAroundUs
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
I remember this being revealed at the time of the shooting on the Pulse nightclub. I thought I remembered that Mateen scoped out Disney Springs with his wife and child.
I remember that too.

Honestly, we have been extra cautious for a while when traveling to/around WDW, Disneyland, and other places that draw crowds. I was thrilled that they implemented metal detectors. Bombings are not *that* common in Indonesia, but not long after two bombs went off in Jakarta over 15 years ago, all malls and 5 star hotels implemented security guards that would open all car doors (before it entered drop off/pick-up areas or parking lots) and do a visual check + a sweep with a metal detectors. Every mall also implemented TSA style baggage scanners for purses and metal detectors for people to walk through before entering each door. It never felt restrictive; I just felt safer.

1990, 1992, 1994, 1998, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017

Home Resorts: BWV, BCV, AKV, SSR, BLT, PVB
MagicAllAroundUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:39 PM   #33
Axelskater
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
I'm not surprised by this. As a retired LEO I've thought for a long time now that WDW would be a perfect target for a terrorist, domestic or foreign. I know that Disney has taken security measures, some that we can see and some that we can't, but I'm still responsible for my family wherever we are and I'm always aware of our surroundings.

Meanwhile I see others totally oblivious to what's happening around them and I can understand that while we're all inside the Disney "bubble". Unfortunately the fact of the matter is that we all have to be more aware.

Sorry, didn't mean to lecture but this is a topic that is near and dear to me.
You are right. Cooper Color Code! Know it, live it, even at Disney. You never want to go from condition white to condition red. I try but itís easy to be falsely secure on vacation
Axelskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:21 PM   #34
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Wink leo the lion

What is leo?

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:22 PM   #35
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
What is leo?

Goldi
Law enforcement officer
Old 03-29-2018, 10:25 PM   #36
capeokw56
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
What is leo?

Goldi
Law Enforcement Officer. I don't mind saying that I did 35 years in the same department, my hometown in fact, with my last two as Chief.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:34 PM   #37
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
Law Enforcement Officer. I don't mind saying that I did 35 years in the same department, my hometown in fact, with my last two as Chief.
Local city chief is 41, but he has worked for the city since he was 17. He started as a dispatcher, as did our chief investigator. Oh the stories I could tell about those two! . Gotta love small towns...
Old 03-29-2018, 10:46 PM   #38
capeokw56
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Local city chief is 41, but he has worked for the city since he was 17. He started as a dispatcher, as did our chief investigator. Oh the stories I could tell about those two! . Gotta love small towns...
Your post made me smile... I get it.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote