home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-13-2018, 12:30 PM   #11
GrumpyInPhilly
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by melcort10 View Post
We were also perfectly happy with Magic Vacation Title (as buyers). They were very responsive and the instructions were clear. The closing costs also seemed low to me.
Yep. Same for us - twice.
GrumpyInPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:43 PM   #12
TexasChick
Grand Villa

I used First Reliable Transfers last year and was impressed by them, but I didnít know if there were others as well that were good. I think we used MVT at some point, but with all the failed transactions last year, it became hard to keep up with. :/
Old 04-13-2018, 01:47 PM   #13
melcort10
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
How were they on closing time? I am hoping they are magically fast!
So we purchased a "seller can't close until 2/9/18" contract, but on that date they sent me the closing documents and they notified me the next day that the seller had signed. (I think that this is probably the biggest waiting factor. I clearly had a motivated seller.) I sat on them a little (my bad) since we had the flu going through the house and I had to physically go to the bank for the cashier's check. But I sent the closing docs on 2/27/18 via their prepaid FedEx label overnight service. We were recorded with Orange County on 3/2/18 and I called Member Services on 3/16 to receive my member number (actually quite easy).

Seemed pretty speedy to me!
melcort10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 01:54 PM   #14
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

I have Magic vacation title for tooooo many times. Happy with services as some one picks up the phone when you call and in case of discrepancies they are ready to correct it ASAP.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #15
JCinWonderland
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
I have Magic vacation title for tooooo many times. Happy with services as some one picks up the phone when you call and in case of discrepancies they are ready to correct it ASAP.
Quote:
So we purchased a "seller can't close until 2/9/18" contract, but on that date they sent me the closing documents and they notified me the next day that the seller had signed. (I think that this is probably the biggest waiting factor. I clearly had a motivated seller.) I sat on them a little (my bad) since we had the flu going through the house and I had to physically go to the bank for the cashier's check. But I sent the closing docs on 2/27/18 via their prepaid FedEx label overnight service. We were recorded with Orange County on 3/2/18 and I called Member Services on 3/16 to receive my member number (actually quite easy).

Glad these were both good experiences with MVT! Hoping for the same!
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:37 PM   #16
Kreis76
Studio

Default Closing documents on their way

We are mailing our check and final documents tomorrow. Does anyone know after we officially close how long it takes to get our number from Disney so we can begin booking? The wait is killing us!
Kreis76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:06 PM   #17
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Curious to know where your purchased?

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:40 PM   #18
all4disney
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
Just looking ahead here: what is the best title company right now? I know they vary widely on price and customer service provided. Iím just trying to pick mine this hypothetical next time instead of using whomever the broker uses.
Glad you posted this question. Some buyers don't realize that they are not required to use the title company that the seller/broker recommends. Buyers can shop around for a title company that has better rates or use one that they are already comfortable with.
all4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:49 AM   #19
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4disney View Post
Glad you posted this question. Some buyers don't realize that they are not required to use the title company that the seller/broker recommends. Buyers can shop around for a title company that has better rates or use one that they are already comfortable with.
I did not know this at all, and I don't think that in any of my transactions have I ever been given an option or been told I had an option.

We are selling a VGC contract right now and First American Title is the one handling all this. Unfortunately, they decided to send us all the Buyers documents, including their loan packet. I have since been told that they are the only Title Company that DVC Resales uses that handles California sales. They sent the right cover letter for us, the Seller, but all the attached documents were for the Buyer. I called First American Title yesterday when I got home and got the packet and saw what had happened, but have not had a phone call or e-mail from them yet. In all fairness, they are located in Las Vegas, and not open for business yet this morning, but I sort of expected a phone call or something last night since they were still open when I called and left the message.

I am sure they will send the correct packet out right away, but my husband is out of town for the rest of the week and unable to sign, so everything will be delayed another week.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:02 AM   #20
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
I did not know this at all, and I don't think that in any of my transactions have I ever been given an option or been told I had an option.

We are selling a VGC contract right now and First American Title is the one handling all this. Unfortunately, they decided to send us all the Buyers documents, including their loan packet. I have since been told that they are the only Title Company that DVC Resales uses that handles California sales. They sent the right cover letter for us, the Seller, but all the attached documents were for the Buyer. I called First American Title yesterday when I got home and got the packet and saw what had happened, but have not had a phone call or e-mail from them yet. In all fairness, they are located in Las Vegas, and not open for business yet this morning, but I sort of expected a phone call or something last night since they were still open when I called and left the message.

I am sure they will send the correct packet out right away, but my husband is out of town for the rest of the week and unable to sign, so everything will be delayed another week.
Iíve used a different title company as well. They donít get to tell you they only work with one. Itís a law that the buyer can choose the title company. Maybe it is whomever is paying closing, but I canít remember, and itís early.

Regarding your hubbyís signature, mine just scribbles, so he tells me to sometimes scribble for him. Haha. Get your husband to give you power of attorney on things if he travels a lot. Then, whenever you both need to sign something (not just DVC contracts), you can sign them for him.