home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-17-2018, 07:38 AM   #51
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Its interesting reading the opinions on noise. Many say BWV is noisy, but we haven't experienced that. Same for Poly - really like it there. Our last stay was at BLT and I did not think that was noisy - with the balcony door closed that is. There is a lot of noise outside, but not a problem. We had a flight cancelled and added a night in a standard studio at Kidani......holy cow was it noisy! There was a family in the 1 bedroom next to us and at one point I thought they were actually in our room. Its too bad - I actually liked the room, but I don't like hearing voices and conversations from next door!
Old 04-17-2018, 09:16 AM   #52
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
You have to call and request "connecting rooms" specifically and since it's my home resort, I just call in the reservation and don't worry about the 1 hour difference in time of booking. Travel together or adjoining will not be treated the same way. I was told it is about a 99.99% guarantee to get one. We haven't had an issue even when we had lake rooms (far fewer). I do not request much else when doing that though. They look at these room requests differently than any other and unless every single other person had a request for a connecting room and you were stuck with the only 2 that don't connect, the chances are great.

Now I've seen some say that on another site they claimed they did't get it but I've searched and not found it for PVB (only other resorts and of course not sure what the request was put in as). This was a discussion I had with many different CMs and two different guides. I think really they just don't have the ability to book it in the system and haven't bothered yet to do it and likely won't any time soon. They easily could book them the same way they do 2 bedroom lock offs.

Anyway I am not concerned about it at this point. We also arrive early enough that if I found we didn't get it you better believe we'd go to the front desk Though after chatting with the front desk our first time checking in, they made it seem like it's a non issue as well as we were chatting about it.
Didn't make it up. Definitely 2 reports anyway and odds are that the only two who didn't get it both reported it.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:19 AM   #53
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAM4DVC View Post
Do they guarantee those connecting rooms for you? How do you make sure that happens?
It's not a guaranteed, still a request. But it's the most likely of any request to be met. There's only a slight chance it wouldn't happen since every studio except for 2 of them connect to another studio.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:09 AM   #54
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Didn't make it up. Definitely 2 reports anyway and odds are that the only two who didn't get it both reported it.
Never said you made it up, just that I couldn't find it while searching it on other sites. I found many other reports of other rooms not getting it for regular rooms.

Again though I have no idea how those who didn't get it tried to book it. If they used adjoining or traveling together they will not have it. I also don't know what they did since I cannot find a thread about it either. Since I cannot find the info I cannot guess what happened. Nothing personal against you, just cannot verify myself. If you can point to where it was, it would be helpful for us to see. Otherwise it's truly all speculation for us
Old 04-17-2018, 12:10 PM   #55
BEAM4DVC
One Bedroom

Thanks helenabear and goofygirl for the scoop on requesting connecting rooms. Good info to file away for future options.

As we all know....it's only a request!
BEAM4DVC is offline   Reply With Quote