home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 01:30 AM   #1
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Default ROFR Support Group ... February Chatty Thread

Hello February

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Amy View Post
We went to Moonlight Magic with Mike and Dorene on Sunday! Super fun we have never been to one.....we will be going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Very nice! And hi to Dorene and Mike!

Mazel Tov!

Thanks, Norma. Still no car, part didn’t arrive yesterday. Grrr.
Quote:
Hope you get some decent viewing tomorrow, Karl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
Beautiful people! Have fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
Moon.. must be one heck of an eclipse. Can't see it at all. It's kind of the Super Bowl moon, Kelly. Is that this weekend? I think it is?

Looks like a nice crowd there, Amy! How's move-in coming along. Errr... I guess it's settling-in at this point.

House progress! We have functional kitchen sink now! Very strange. Not used to a sink being there. Or used to having counter tops (those were installed Mon).

Heard from the bldg inspector yesterday, and I'm headed into the building dept in an hour to make sure I have everything right. Essentially, the only things unfinished in their eyes are the upstairs bathrooms. So if I pull those off the plumbing permit and make it a 1.5 bath house instead of a 3.5 bath in the eyes of their paperwork, they can close out the final plumbing permit. It'll essentially look like I'm remodeling 2 bathrooms at the same time. Then they can give us our FINAL occupancy and not have to mess around with the temporary nonsense. Sooo... fingers crossed, this could actually happen this week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
: Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy View Post
Ditto
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
ditto
Quote:
Too cloudy here to see the moon.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post
G'morning everyone! It’s certainly been chatty around here!

Congrats to your daughter, Kelly! Are you ready for this?!

to you, Dave! It’s been a very long - but i’m Sure rewarding - process for you! Good luck!

Amy - that’s a nice looking group! Hope you enjoyed!

Brian - sorry to hear about your car. Hope you have it back now....

Mike - I know you’ve been busy. Would love to see progress pics whenever you can post them.

Karl - hope you had some good viewing. Too cloudy here.....

DD got her report card for the first half of the year, all A’s!! That’s a first for her! She’s always SO close with that one 89.7% for a B+. And this was for 4 high school classes (chem, algebra 2, English and Spanish 2) and two 3 credit college classes.... not an easy load! As a junior, they can start taking college classes in association with the local community college, two 3 credit classes per semester, at no charge to us. If she keeps this up, she will have 24 credits under her belt when she graduates from high school....that’s essentially one year free and done if she goes to a college that accepts the credits!

She has a cheer meet tonight, so i’ll Be going to that. And tomorrow I am getting my gall bladder removed. Wish me luck.....
Quote:
I'm not wishing you luck, I'll wish you a speedy recovery. More time to surf MO! Seriously....keep us posted.

I should clarify, DD can drive anywhere except our 400 series highways...which means the freeways to Americans...and she can't drive with more than one kid under the age of 18 between 12 midnight and 5 am. She is hardly ever awake at that time, so no worries there. We will be getting her on the highway more now, since we weren't able to with just her learning permit....you have to be an instructor to take a student....so, that will be her next couple of trips...we will take her onto the not as congested highways and short distances so she gets used to it. More traffic will come later.

WDW

Last edited by Indy; 02-01-2018 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:32 AM   #2
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

--- pg 2 ---

Quote:
And....DD is on a roll....she just found out that she was accepted into the Environmental Management program (her third choice on her university application). So, if she doesn't get into the Engineering programs she wants, she still will have her acceptable alternative! So proud of that kid! Thanks for letting me brag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikayla73 View Post
I think I'm confused ... this for Toronto? I was talking about Miami.

Karl (or anyone) - Did you get to see the moon? I missed it.

Brian - Hopefully the part gets there soon and it can get fixed like it's supposed to be.

Hi Dorene, Mike, Amy, et all

Dave - Good luck with the house paperwork. it's moving right along

Ditto

Pam - Hopefully the recovery is speedy. Nice job to DD!

I'm ready for the weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikayla73 View Post
Quote:
I was confused....my question must have been some time ago. Anyway, we have a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then there is a shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port, we are all set! Just have to wait the three weeks for it to get here. Crap I still have a lot to do!
Quote:

And a belated on the license!
Quote:
At the building department now. Lots of paperwork shuffling going on. Hopefully it's all going to be right when we're done.
Quote:
Good luck.

I received an email from the state department (LARA) yesterday. It said they wonít be changing the building for this year. Huh? Just tell me when it does change.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggatorgirl View Post
Congrats, to your DD...and to you, too, for raising a great girl.
Quote:
Thanks everyone. We are wicked proud of that kid.

Dave I thought you were going to have that done this morning.
Quote:
Is that what that email said? I skimmed and had no clue what it was about.

WDW
Old 02-01-2018, 01:34 AM   #3
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

--- pg 3 ---

Quote:
This morning was "confer and drop stuff off"
They got all of their "plan review" stuff done during the day.
Stopped back in to pay for and get the new permits, and the revised old permits.

Should be all set now!
Quote:
When is the party?
Quote:
Kelly - Congratulations to your daughter!! Be proud...you have every right to be!
Quote:
One step at a time
I'll have to borrow Rich's calendar and find out when the best date is for all of our MO friends to come
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmer55 View Post
It's like we are in step with each other now. Electrical inspection of the rough out today, passed. Next step is board of health.

Excellent work by DD

Plenty of smarty pants daughters on this thread, they need to drag KDog along

Excellent

I'm am hoping to have my grand opening first

Let's get onto Pam's question............
Quote:
In the last 48 hours I completed and am now the proud owner of 4 accounts. Gas, Electric, Phone and Directv. Phone and directv took 1:32 minutes on the phone today to set up the accounts. Luckily both installs will be done by Next Thursday. The gas and electric all need a lease, notarized documents, bank info, corporate info. Took me 8 hours yesterday to procure those two accounts.

Lotto is ridiculous as is OTB. They both reside under the state gaming commission, of which I have been licensed in the past for Lotto, am currently licensed as a horse owner. I am now awaiting both Lottery and OTB licenses. The best part? They are alll under one roof, yet I have submitted four set of fingerprints, one to each ageny. Have filled out virtually the same paperwork for both.

Anyway things are coming along. Electric is fully roughed out, just awaiting lighting, fans and outlets. 5000 ft of Cad5 is run for the tv's, another 1000 feet of speaker wire and who knows what for the alarm.(Dave are you the only one enjoying this?). All heating was ripped out and replaced with a 7 vent system. And the last two days the rear bar construction has begun. I'll post spics with descriptions. It won't look much different to anyone, except Dave.
Quote:
Blue boxes contain OTB wire, solver boxes are new outlets(23 in the upper room for Tv's alone) and the silver flex pipe is the new heating ducts.

These are from yesterday.

The wires are back but in an orderly fashion now.

New heating in the dining room

Look closely, there is no back bar yesterday.........

Quote:
Notice yesterday there were no junction boxes at all up top. Now the silver boxes are for Electric. The others are all TV cables.

The back bar taking shape

And with all that the infrasturcture is basically complete. By Monday the insulation will have been hung, then Friday and Saturday sheet rock goes up and by Monday it should begin to take the shape of what our vision is.
Quote:
Congratulations to your daughter again, Kelly!

Excellent!

Ha! Good idea.

Excellent progress, Mike! Just tell me when...

Congratulations to your daughter on her grades, Pam! Hope the cheer competition went well.

Thanks, Pam and Norma. Couldnít even reach the damn repair shop today. Still have loaner.... Grrr.
Quote:
Mike - sounds like alot is getting accomplished, despite all the time on the phone and submitting fingerprints to get it done. The space looks huge! Do you have a name for it yet?

Brian - Sorry about your car....and lack of communication from the dealership. That sucks....

Cheer meet went well, they took 2nd. There's this one team that just has our number this year. We need one more person on the team to get a standing back tuck and we'll be right there with them on the skills. DD is one of 2 people who are closest on the team to getting that skill. She has a private lesson tomorrow with the gymnastic coach in an attempt to get it. It's nice that the gymnastic coach graduated high school with DH, then was a college roommate.

I just realized how late it is....goodnight gracie!

WDW
Old 02-01-2018, 01:40 AM   #4
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Goodnight Gracie .... looks like I have some catching up to do tomorrow (Well later today)

WDW
Old 02-01-2018, 03:24 AM   #5
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks for the move, Karl!

Thanks, Pam. Really annoying. If it was my dealership I wouldnít deal with them again. At least the loaner is decent.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:52 AM   #6
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
In the last 48 hours I completed and am now the proud owner of 4 accounts. Gas, Electric, Phone and Directv. Phone and directv took 1:32 minutes on the phone today to set up the accounts. Luckily both installs will be done by Next Thursday. The gas and electric all need a lease, notarized documents, bank info, corporate info. Took me 8 hours yesterday to procure those two accounts.

Lotto is ridiculous as is OTB. They both reside under the state gaming commission, of which I have been licensed in the past for Lotto, am currently licensed as a horse owner. I am now awaiting both Lottery and OTB licenses. The best part? They are alll under one roof, yet I have submitted four set of fingerprints, one to each ageny. Have filled out virtually the same paperwork for both.

Anyway things are coming along. Electric is fully roughed out, just awaiting lighting, fans and outlets. 5000 ft of Cad5 is run for the tv's, another 1000 feet of speaker wire and who knows what for the alarm.(Dave are you the only one enjoying this?). All heating was ripped out and replaced with a 7 vent system. And the last two days the rear bar construction has begun. I'll post spics with descriptions. It won't look much different to anyone, except Dave.
Nice progress Mike!
Reminds me that I need to call DirecTV and b***h about my bill (again).

7 vent heating? What heat source, and what was there before?

And in what world does one need any sort of license to own a horse?
Old 02-01-2018, 07:56 AM   #7
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quoting Mike's pictures yet again.... I suppose I need to post some updates, too...

Quote:
Blue boxes contain OTB wire, solver boxes are new outlets(23 in the upper room for Tv's alone) and the silver flex pipe is the new heating ducts.

These are from yesterday.

The wires are back but in an orderly fashion now.

New heating in the dining room

Look closely, there is no back bar yesterday.........

Quote:
Notice yesterday there were no junction boxes at all up top. Now the silver boxes are for Electric. The others are all TV cables.

The back bar taking shape

And with all that the infrasturcture is basically complete. By Monday the insulation will have been hung, then Friday and Saturday sheet rock goes up and by Monday it should begin to take the shape of what our vision is.
Looking good Mike!
Do you think anyone is going to be able to tell the difference from the "before" though?
Old 02-01-2018, 09:26 AM   #8
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks Karl!

Looks good Mike! Lottery? Would you have any knowledge of the winning lottery numbers? (Future, not past, I need to be specific here.)

Good morning Dave! Good luck with the permits..
Old 02-01-2018, 09:30 AM   #9
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Congratulations to all the smart kids here. Sorry Iím delinquent in keep up....

Pam, prayers for you today!
Old 02-01-2018, 09:34 AM   #10
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Almost forgot, Pam! A standing back tuck?!?!? Too bad I live more by than an hour away, those are my specialty! I do them all the time. I canít stand to have my shirt untucked, especially in the back. Of course you have to stand to tuck it in... duh.
Closed Thread