home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-14-2018, 05:22 PM   #1
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

Default NARCOS nextflix

anybody watching? i'm finishing up season one on dvd with season two in house (both focus on the rise and fall of pablo escobar). season 3 is currently running and season 4 is coming.

omg...this is one great, intense (but not without humor), violent, action-packed show. it's bilingual (spanish has subtitles) and requires your full attention to keep up.

it's based on a true story and interspersed with news clips of the actual figures in action that contribute to show's verisimilitude. it is also extremely informative about the columbian/usa drug cocaine trade in the 80's and the role politics and technology of the times played.

highly recommend! here's season one trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to9VYUGu1Ys

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, and Chippy )

Last edited by DVCERSINCEDAY1; 01-14-2018 at 06:52 PM.
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:59 PM   #2
Disnydad
Two Bedroom

Thumbs up

We've seen all three seasons and enjoyed them. Waiting for the fourth season. Check out Queen of the South's first season.

Too many WDW visits to count now that I live nearby part time, 1 DL trip & 5 Disney Cruises.
Disnydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:29 PM   #3
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

i just ordered first season of queen of the south and third season of narcos (both dvd) from ebay. thanks for the tip. i do so enjoy a great tv show.

Old 01-14-2018, 11:45 PM   #4
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

The British tv show Life on Mars is now on Brit Box. It is much better than the short lived American Version
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:38 PM   #5
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

just finished season two of narcos...outstanding. wagner moura as pablo was wonderful! i have in season 3 now.

Old 01-25-2018, 08:26 PM   #6
dmaxphil
Two Bedroom

I couldn't get into season 3. Once Pablo died, so did my interest. May give it another shot. I'm assuming focus shifts to the Cali fellas?
dmaxphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:52 PM   #7
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

season 3 is very well reviewed and pedro pascal is back as pena...narrating (in a more serious tone...frankly i really liked murphy's cynical/more humorous narration, but some recappers didn't...their problem).

it is the cali cartel with the 4 godfathers: gilberto, miguel, chepe (man in new york, new character), and pacho. also has adult kids of gilberto and miguel. pena is now the "boss" at the DEA and has two tres 90's young men as the instinctive young partners (offering some humor). nivagante (blond psycho) is back with his twisted humor and violence. jorge is a new fact-based security guy in the cartel that is another lead.

extremely violent, more action packed, still engrossing...i've got three more episodes in season 3.

i don't know if you realize that the location scout for season 4 was riddled with bullets (in car) taking pictures of possible locations in mexico this past summer. murder is unsolved, but mexico and producers think it was an isolated case of the wrong place and wrong time in this still narco-driven country. lots of jobs for mexicans and authenticity that plays such a role in the series and the hispanic lead is beloved in mexico. and, of course, they are taking more security measures. i believe the first two episodes are in the can.

two new leads - moving back in time to the 70's and 80's and the juarz cartel. THIS SHOW CONTINUES TO HAVE A GREAT CAST!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...mexico-1068975

mexican version of theme song

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...8&action=click

i am really enjoying season 3 (also has they guy who played newman on seinfied) as a money-hungdy lawyer for the cartel who also adds humor.

and looking forward to season 4 - this is an extremely well done show and i have learned lots of interesting stuff too about columbia, panama, the whole of south america and cocaine. i expect it will be the same for mexico. i also learned some nice spanish curse words.

here is the fabulous wagner moura (pablo) singing the columbian version of the beautiful theme song. i was so impressed with him and miss him. got in dvd's of the elite squad and the elite squad within where he is the lead...highest grossing brazillian movie of all time (i read somewhere)....so handsome, so talented, such a range. he has had supporting roles in some usa movies (e.g., spider in elysium). i really hope we see him again in some great tv series. his native tongue is portuguese, he went to college in columbia with asian kids and business men to learn spanish for this role. i really wish i could speak spanish now. i love wagner.

netflix - i watch on dvd, but streamers can stream. JUMP IN TO THE GREAT SHOW!

Last edited by DVCERSINCEDAY1; 01-26-2018 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:09 PM   #8
dmaxphil
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
season 3 is very well reviewed and pedro pascal is back as pena...narrating (in a more serious tone...frankly i really liked murphy's cynical/more humorous narration, but some recappers didn't...their problem).

it is the cali cartel with the 4 godfathers: gilberto, miguel, chepe (man in new york, new character), and pacho. also has adult kids of gilberto and miguel. pena is now the "boss" at the DEA and has two tres 90's young men as the instinctive young partners (offering some humor). nivagante (blond psycho) is back with his twisted humor and violence. jorge is a new fact-based security guy in the cartel that is another lead.

extremely violent, more action packed, still engrossing...i've got three more episodes in season 3.

i don't know if you realize that the location scout for season 4 was riddled with bullets (in car) taking pictures of possible locations in mexico this past summer. murder is unsolved, but mexico and producers think it was an isolated case of the wrong place and wrong time in this still narco-driven country. lots of jobs for mexicans and authenticity that plays such a role in the series and the hispanic lead is beloved in mexico. and, of course, they are taking more security measures. i believe the first two episodes are in the can.

two new leads - moving back in time to the 70's and 80's and the juarz cartel. THIS SHOW CONTINUES TO HAVE A GREAT CAST!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...mexico-1068975

mexican version of theme song

i am really enjoying season 3 (also has they guy who played newman on seinfied) as a money-hungdy lawyer for the cartel who also adds humor.

and looking forward to season 4 - this is an extremely well done show and i have learned lots of interesting stuff too about columbia, panama, the whole of south america and cocaine. i expect it will be the same for mexico. i also learned some nice spanish curse words.

here is the fabulous wagner moura (pablo) singing the columbian version of the beautiful theme song. i was so impressed with him and miss him. got in dvd's of the elite squad and the elite squad within where he is the lead...highest grossing brazillian movie of all time (i read somewhere)....so handsome, so talented, such a range. he has had supporting roles in some usa movies (e.g., spider in elysium). i really hope we see him again in some great tv series. his native tongue is portuguese, he went to college in columbia with asian kids and business men to learn spanish for this role. i really wish i could speak spanish now. i love wagner.

netflix - i watch on dvd, but streamers can stream. JUMP IN TO THE GREAT SHOW!

Great summary! I started watching season 3 again last night.
dmaxphil is offline   Reply With Quote