home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-14-2018, 01:41 AM   #11
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Spoilers :

The mirror universe is a great twist . Now I am wondering about the good captain. Just who is he. Could he be from the alternative universe? Too many clues are being dropped. Are they Easter eggs? Are they trying to mislead us?

Twists every which way . It does keep us guessing . N

Tomorrow a new episode
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:30 PM   #12
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Who is watching tonight?
Old 01-15-2018, 11:32 AM   #13
stellabutterman
Studio

I'm finally up to episode 8, and but I can see references to the MU in 7 and 8. Hoping to see 9 and 10 tonight.
stellabutterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:19 AM   #14
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellabutterman View Post
I'm finally up to episode 8, and but I can see references to the MU in 7 and 8. Hoping to see 9 and 10 tonight.
Write back after you get to the alternative universe arch. I am guessing where it is going.

I wonder if this series will keep focusing on Michael and her career rather than the ship and crew .
Old 01-16-2018, 11:26 AM   #15
rkstocke5609
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
Write back after you get to the alternative universe arch. I am guessing where it is going.

I wonder if this series will keep focusing on Michael and her career rather than the ship and crew .
The whole premise from inception was to tell these stories from a different perspective than the “captain” one (from what I read about it during development)

Recent visits: VWL — March 2018, VGC -- March 2017, VGC -- March 2016, PVB -- October 2015, VWL -- March 2015, AKV Kidani -- December 2014
rkstocke5609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:08 PM   #16
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkstocke5609 View Post
The whole premise from inception was to tell these stories from a different perspective than the “captain” one (from what I read about it during development)
Or the ship apparently . I think at first they planned to have one ship Discovery and different captains and staff each season. Now I think it is more following Michael the current science officer . She is under Stanis in COC .

I will miss David the Doctor.

Spoiler alert. My guesses

If the captain is the captain from the alternate universe as many of us guess. It became very apparent to me in the last episode

Then where on earth is the other Luca in our universe?
Can you be dead in one universe and alive in another ?
Old 01-20-2018, 03:00 PM   #17
stellabutterman
Studio

Finally got the chance to watch episode 11, and I think we made it to the end where the Emperor addresses Burnham. That's where DS's PS4 gave us the check if you are connected to the internet message, and we had no idea how, but it felt like a stopping place.

Anyway, some possibilities (spoilers included):

I think it's possible Lorca is from the MU and needs Burnham as his way back to power there. He really has made a serious effort to keep her close to him, getting her how out of prison and on his ship, not wanting her to go with Tyler on the Sarcophagus ship. And he also overrode the destination of the last jump which took them to the MU. I wonder what will happen with Stamets and his MU counterpart. Loved how Burnham hid the data on Tyler when she "executed" him. Saru was awesome, and I'm tired of seeing L'Rell's boobies in Voq's flashbacks.

We are watching free until Feb 1, so I may have to wait until the end of the season to see the last couple of episodes. All in all a great show so far.
stellabutterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:04 PM   #18
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Just finished episode 12 . Surprise !
Old 01-23-2018, 01:25 PM   #19
administrator
Ms. Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
I received it for Christmas along with a enormous high definition Roku tv . Thanks to the kids I now have cbs direct access, hbo now, amazon prime, net flicks and some fancy sports package. They all had different channels and just added me.

I would like Brit box but that may be just more than I can ever watch .

Discovery and the good fight are my favorites .
Acorn TV is really good (LOVE Time Team), and so is MHz (LOVE Scandinavian murder mysteries, plus "A French Town").

I looked at BritBox, but the only thing I find potentially interesting on there is the Dickensian stuff.
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 07:43 PM   #20
rkstocke5609
Grand Villa

Loved the last episode! Have to admit, I didn’t see that one coming..

Recent visits: VWL — March 2018, VGC -- March 2017, VGC -- March 2016, PVB -- October 2015, VWL -- March 2015, AKV Kidani -- December 2014
rkstocke5609 is offline   Reply With Quote