home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 09:38 PM   #21
beansprout
Grand Villa

Thinking of you Jen. Keeping GMohawk in my prayers. You have an amazing family. Please keep us posted.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:47 AM   #22
broganmc
Grand Villa

Thank you everyone. It really does mean a lot to know there are Disney friends out there who care.

Unfortunately I have bad news to report. We thought draining the fluid would give my dad peace and comfort. Unfortunately his condition is far worse than we expected and is spiraling downward.

After my family had left for the day and it was just me sitting with him, his vitals started dropping. He was struggling to cough and breathe. It was pretty clear if we didn't do something quick, he would have a critical cascade failure like a stroke or heart attack. So I had to authorize advanced care: respirator, central line, foley catch etc.

My dad and I talked about these possible situations over the years so I at least knew what he wanted. That is simply: if there's any reasonable chance of recovery we do everything we can to buy time.

In my dad's case that means buying 1-2 extra weeks so his bone marrow has a chance to kick in. I was alone with him at the time to doctors and nurses sought my permission which really sucked. We did have our family Hangouts chat so I was conferring with my sibs the entire time. Dad squeezed my hand and nodded when I asked him if this is what he wanted.

He's got a huge uphill battle. In addition to the non-existent immune system and elbow fall, Dad has an infection. It was probably something brewing inside him for some time. His kidney function showed signs of failure. His congestive heart failure decreases his circulation.

I'm too exhausted. My godnons are heere to look after me.

Vegas NYE Dec 29-Jan 3
Florida March 1-24
Old 01-16-2018, 07:10 AM   #23
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by broganmc View Post
Thank you everyone. It really does mean a lot to know there are Disney friends out there who care.

Unfortunately I have bad news to report. We thought draining the fluid would give my dad peace and comfort. Unfortunately his condition is far worse than we expected and is spiraling downward.

After my family had left for the day and it was just me sitting with him, his vitals started dropping. He was struggling to cough and breathe. It was pretty clear if we didn't do something quick, he would have a critical cascade failure like a stroke or heart attack. So I had to authorize advanced care: respirator, central line, foley catch etc.

My dad and I talked about these possible situations over the years so I at least knew what he wanted. That is simply: if there's any reasonable chance of recovery we do everything we can to buy time.

In my dad's case that means buying 1-2 extra weeks so his bone marrow has a chance to kick in. I was alone with him at the time to doctors and nurses sought my permission which really sucked. We did have our family Hangouts chat so I was conferring with my sibs the entire time. Dad squeezed my hand and nodded when I asked him if this is what he wanted.

He's got a huge uphill battle. In addition to the non-existent immune system and elbow fall, Dad has an infection. It was probably something brewing inside him for some time. His kidney function showed signs of failure. His congestive heart failure decreases his circulation.

I'm too exhausted. My godnons are heere to look after me.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:23 AM   #24
beansprout
Grand Villa

More 🙏
Old 01-16-2018, 09:00 AM   #25
DVCjj
Two Bedroom

My heart goes out to you and your dear family.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:01 AM   #26
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

I just started reading this. My prayers are with you and Grandpa . I know how tired and bone weary you must be .
Take care of your self too.
Your family is amazing.

Sending prayers and love your way.

Sherry
Old 01-16-2018, 10:28 AM   #27
TammyH
Studio

Prayers and pixie-dust for Grandpa, you and your family.
2005 - Oct Swan/POR
2007 - Nov Caribbean Beach
2008 - May (off site); Sep GF
2010 - May BWV/BCV (SWW); Sep SSR (F&W); Nov OKW
2011 - March AKL/THV/OKW; Nov OKW
2012 - May BWV (SWW); Oct BWV (F&W); Nov/Dec OKW/VB
2013 - Nov/Dec OKW/BWV
2014 - May OKW/POP/BWV (SWW)
2015 - Mar OKW/Universal/BLT; June Cruise/VGF (SWW); Nov (F&W) CSR/SS
2016 - Jan POP; Oct SSR/BWV
2017 - Jan OKW; Mar OKW; Oct SSR/BWV
2018 - Nov OKW
Old 01-16-2018, 10:36 AM   #28
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

More prayers......
Old 01-16-2018, 11:21 AM   #29
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

So very sorry for you and your dad. Times like these are so exhausting and difficult in many ways. Thoughts and prayers for you and your dad
Old 01-16-2018, 01:20 PM   #30
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

It's so hard - I know from similar experience.

Praying for Grandpa Mohawk, you and your whole family.