home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-23-2018, 04:14 PM   #201
PSULion22
Grand Villa

So this thread has been dead for a while, but I thought I’d bring it back to post our pics again.

This year we were Hector and Imelda from Coco. I think they were our best yet, even better than Groot. In fact, Disney would seem to have agreed. We attended the party on Aug. 31st, my DGF’s Bday. It also happened to be the night they filmed the parade for the Decorating Disney Halloween special on Freeform. Well we arrived a little late, since the makeup took nearly 4 hours to apply, a little before the parade was to begin. We waited for friends in Starbucks, and when they arrived, they said they were meeting another friend, who was a “manager” at the park. He came in, looked at us, asked if we wanted to watch the parade from the VIP area and possibly be on tv. Uh, duh. So they lead us over to the flagpole area, which had been roped off and had all the production stuff inside. Then they stuck us in a very small roped area, right on the edge. There were 8 other people in there, a family in costume and another group, one woman of which looked familiar. There was also one camera near the family and one across Main St. We asked the family if they made their costumes, and they said no, their aunt had. They were pretty good, but clearly homemade. Well it turns out that they were paid actors in purposefully watered down Disney made costumes. In fact, and “crowd” shots you see in those specials are all actors. Well they run the parade and tape the special, and we know we are in the recordings, the camera even got in close on us once or twice. When the Sugar Rush baton girls come by, the other group in with us goes nuts so we think it’s one of their families. They make us sign release forms and we go on our way. It was such an awesome experience. At the end of the night, we were again in Starbucks buying the special party treats, and ran into one of the camera assistants. He said we were in almost every shot that he had seen, and it looked awesome. He also said that an assistant had seen us enter the park while they were setting up and then lost us somewhere on Main St. That had prompted a park wide search for us because they wanted us on the special because the costumes were so good. The ops manager in Starbucks had seen us inside and the friend that was the “manager” we were waiting for was actually coming to get us, not my friends, because he was the production manager for the taping. The woman who looked familiar? She is the woman who is charge of special entertainment for WDW, which includes choreographing and producing all the parades. She had been on the Decorating Disney Xmas special, and that’s why she looked familiar.

Anyway, here are our costumes. And some shots from the tv special

PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:30 PM   #202
SnowWhite4
Grand Villa

OMGoodness, what a great story and how great are those costumes!! Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:42 PM   #203
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Damn......You guys look incredible!!!!
Old 10-23-2018, 04:42 PM   #204
Rigby
Two Bedroom

Once again, hats off to you guys! Outstanding!
Old 10-23-2018, 04:43 PM   #205
GCVP
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default We saw you!! You Guys look Amazing!

I saw you in the 2018 Halloween Special just the other day! https://youtu.be/DagT3y7hFNA
GCVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:44 PM   #206
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCVP View Post
I saw you in the 2018 Halloween Special just the other day! https://youtu.be/DagT3y7hFNA

Yup.....at the 40 minute mark!
Old 10-23-2018, 04:51 PM   #207
eandjmom
One Bedroom

Wow, your costumes are amazing!! Such a cool story!
eandjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:12 PM   #208
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Incredible costumes! And great story.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:19 AM   #209
Kickapoo Joie Juice
DVC Board Guide

So cool!!!!
Kickapoo Joie Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:51 PM   #210
GARLIN
Studio

there are 8 of us and we are going as The Incredibles-pretty easy- shirts, masks and black pants
GARLIN is offline   Reply With Quote