home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-10-2019, 09:38 AM   #1
arma605
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Moonlight magic reservation limit of 4

Hi,
The good news, for me anyways, is that I was able to get 4 spots for the upcoming Moonlight Magic event at EPCOT.
The bad news is that we are a family of 6

I was not aware of the limit of 4 places per member, or rather per member number.

Is there a way to get additional places?

Hoping I have not screwed up, not looking forward to the drawing of lots for who doesn't get to go. not with my luck

thanks
arma605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:46 AM   #2
Happy Pixie
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by arma605 View Post
Hi,
The good news, for me anyways, is that I was able to get 4 spots for the upcoming Moonlight Magic event at EPCOT.
The bad news is that we are a family of 6

I was not aware of the limit of 4 places per member, or rather per member number.

Is there a way to get additional places?

Hoping I have not screwed up, not looking forward to the drawing of lots for who doesn't get to go. not with my luck

thanks
I didn't know about the four as well , we are a family of 5 . It will be a nice night of 1 parent and kids date night.
Happy Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:48 AM   #3
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

The change from 6 to 4 occured with the first Moonlight Magic Event of 2019.

To book for more than 4, you need to have an on-site room reservation and then you can book for the max number of people listed on the reservation.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:57 AM   #4
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

If you are staying on property and everyone in the family is on your room ressie then everyone can go.
The rules just state max of 4 or up to the number of people on your resort ressie. It does say though that (for the EPCOT event), everyone had to be on the ressie by April 1. I guess they are trying to keep people from adding fake guests to get extra people in.

ETA: when you registered, did the registration limit you to 4? If so, I would call MS.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:11 AM   #5
bubster
Grand Villa

When I first booked for this event I made a mistake and got a reservation for 2. I was able to go back in through the email link and modify for 5. Hopefully there are still slots available.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:14 AM   #6
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
When I first booked for this event I made a mistake and got a reservation for 2. I was able to go back in through the email link and modify for 5. Hopefully there are still slots available.
Both of the Epcot MM events reached capacity shortly before 9:30 this morning (after the off-site booking window opened).
Old 04-10-2019, 10:20 AM   #7
Happy Pixie
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
If you are staying on property and everyone in the family is on your room ressie then everyone can go.
The rules just state max of 4 or up to the number of people on your resort ressie. It does say though that (for the EPCOT event), everyone had to be on the ressie by April 1. I guess they are trying to keep people from adding fake guests to get extra people in.

ETA: when you registered, did the registration limit you to 4? If so, I would call MS.
Not on property and will be calling MS to see what they say. Thank you for the good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
Not staying on property but calling MS as soon as I can and see what they say.
Happy Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:47 AM   #8
arma605
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Thanks folks
I will be calling as well to see iff anything can be done.
We are off property this time.
last time we were on property and had no issue as all were registered guests.
live and learn.
Not unreasonable for Disney to focus on those staying at WDW to get priority and cover all their guests.
Just hope they have options for us larger families who can't be onsite all the time.
arma605 is offline   Reply With Quote