home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 11:45 AM   #1
meeskamooska
Two Bedroom

Default so much for epcot member magic-slight temper tantrum

I am so frustrated. I was online at exactly 9 am this morning to book the epcot event on July 16. As soon as the link to register opened I was in it and was able to put in my member numbers and click next.....then I waited, and I waited, and I waited. 500 internal service error. Tried again. Same thing happened. Called in to MS and waited on hold for 16 minutes while still trying to get through. I finally got through the first page and tickets for the July date were sold out.

When I finally got someone on the phone they said they didn't get any emails about the server having problems. As she was speaking to me her system crashed....had to put in my member number again, she says sorry nothing you can do now but keep checking and see if someone cancels, okay lovely. She said the server probably couldn't handle all of the people on line at once.

Last night I found a two night 1 BR Jambo Value available for the nights I needed in July so I was able to book those-success!
We were planning on going to the moonlight magic at MK the Saturday night so I was going to purchase tickets....it took 8 minutes for her to get back into the system only to tell me I could purchase the tickets but she didn't have any info as to what time I could get into the park. I have found conflicting information in different places as to what time I can enter the park. Two hours before, at the start time, 30 minutes before or 7 pm. She said that was in a different system.

I then asked to speak to someone who I could talk to about my frustration with the server this morning. Back on hold for 10 minutes only to be told she couldn't find anyone and could I wait longer. At this point it had been 40 minutes of phone time. I asked if someone could call me back and she said no, their system is incoming only and I can call back later when maybe they weren't that busy-oh and at that point her system crashed again and she had to ask for my member number -AGAIN.

She suggested I send an email. She was very nice and patient and I felt bad for her but I'm frustrated enough to still want to contact someone to complain to-I know it will fall on deaf ears etc but it might make me less annoyed lol.
Who do I email? She said I can go through the contact us link on the member page but who does that go to?

Last edited by meeskamooska; 06-20-2018 at 11:58 AM.
meeskamooska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:54 AM   #2
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

You call your Guide. You ask him/her to connect you with someone with a clue.
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:22 PM   #3
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

In addition I suggest you try a little bit later online again. I wouldn't be terribly surprised to hear that the availability wasn't correct. Maybe it filled but maybe that also was in error.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:34 PM   #4
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
In addition I suggest you try a little bit later online again. I wouldn't be terribly surprised to hear that the availability wasn't correct. Maybe it filled but maybe that also was in error.
I agree. The part about it being right at 9 am probably has a lot to do with the system being overwhelmed.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:41 PM   #5
Belle & Ariel
Two Bedroom

This happens every time registration opens. It is obvious they do not care about member satisfaction.

New AP count. Dec 10. Jan 5 (15) Feb 4 (19) March 6. (25) April/May 8 (33) June 9 (42) Sept 7 (49) Nov/Dec 4 (51)

Newest AP count. Dec 5. January 9 (14) April 9 (23) May 9 (32)
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:14 PM   #6
cvjw
Grand Villa

Yep, it happens every time there is a member registration.

I agree with pp, keep checking. I have seen on the dvc Facebook page that other members have been able to book later on in the morning after things calmed down. Even though member services says the event is sold out.

I have only registered for the typhoon lagoon event, but I had the same experience. Error after error until finally the page loaded. Dvc really needs to work on their IT system, or change the booking procedure for these events. It is terribly frustrating, to say the least.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:29 AM   #7
poster44
Two Bedroom

If you were referencing buying tickets to Disney After Hours at MK, I got the "not sure when you can access" also. We go on 7/9 and I made FP's starting at 7 pm. I think it is the typical entrance at 7 pm, like other ticketed event, but for some reason they are being vague and downright wrong (in my case: told me to plan on not entering until 10 pm.)

Best of luck on the Epcot Member Magic. I registered for 8/15 and, strangely, went to the website link on the member's page/perks around 9:30-10:00 am and registered my BC reservation (not through DVC) and had no problem. I agree, though, that too often Disney IT fails, especially during those times it really needs to work.
poster44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:51 PM   #8
meeskamooska
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster44 View Post
If you were referencing buying tickets to Disney After Hours at MK, I got the "not sure when you can access" also. We go on 7/9 and I made FP's starting at 7 pm. I think it is the typical entrance at 7 pm, like other ticketed event, but for some reason they are being vague and downright wrong (in my case: told me to plan on not entering until 10 pm.)

That's the one. I can't understand why they are cryptic and vague. I wonder if I buy the tix through MS and then call the main WDW line of I will get better answers. I too plan to arrive at 7. Let me know how it works for you please! Have a great time.
meeskamooska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:00 AM   #9
carl sweat
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

all this reminds me of that insurance commercial on tv. i found you a dollar, you almost had it that time.
carl sweat is offline   Reply With Quote