home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-21-2018, 09:14 PM   #1
debabe
One Bedroom

Default MNNSHP tickets & will-call tickets

Quick question.

I am getting ready to purchase tickets for MNSSHP. I can buy the DVC discounted tickets, but I have horrible memories of waiting in line forever at will-call to pick up tickets in the past.

I know we get into the MK early for MNSSHP. Is there a hassle picking up tickets when one has to show their DVC card or is it pretty fast & efficient?

It isn't worth saving $5 if I have to wait 30 - 60 minutes at Will-Call just to get into the MK.

Same discount with AP.

Input?

debabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:17 PM   #2
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

When we bought our Christmas party tickets online last year, they appeared in MDE. No waiting at all.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:19 PM   #3
debabe
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
When we bought our Christmas party tickets online last year, they appeared in MDE. No waiting at all.
Were they discounted DVC tickets? Did you have to present your DVC card upon entry?

Old 08-21-2018, 09:25 PM   #4
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by debabe View Post
Were they discounted DVC tickets? Did you have to present your DVC card upon entry?
They were discounted tickets. I canít remember if I used the DVC or AP discount. Both are linked to My Disney Experience account. One CM told me that I would need to go to the will call window to get the physical tickets, but since they showed up in my account linked to each guest, the other CMís waved us through to get our bands. I donít remember anyone asking for my DVC or AP card.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:50 PM   #5
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

I donít remember having to wait in line at will call for a few years now. I believe since the days of My Disney Experience this has no longer been necessary.
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM   #6
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Quick question.

I am getting ready to purchase tickets for MNSSHP. I can buy the DVC discounted tickets, but I have horrible memories of waiting in line forever at will-call to pick up tickets in the past.

I know we get into the MK early for MNSSHP. Is there a hassle picking up tickets when one has to show their DVC card or is it pretty fast & efficient?

It isn't worth saving $5 if I have to wait 30 - 60 minutes at Will-Call just to get into the MK.

Same discount with AP.

Input?
They still manage to say you have to pick up tickets but that hasn't been true for quite awhile. The tickets can be linked to MDE and you'll be good to go. You'll get a funny look if you ask GS about picking them up when you already have them linked.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:55 PM   #7
debabe
One Bedroom

Thanks, everyone!

There were just so many disclaimers on the WDW event ticket purchase website about "must have proof for ticket pick up" that I was really nervous.

It looks like the ticket will be linked to MDE.

Sorry to ask such a silly question, but I just want to try and avoid any unnecessary hassles.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:01 AM   #8
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks, everyone!

There were just so many disclaimers on the WDW event ticket purchase website about "must have proof for ticket pick up" that I was really nervous.

Sorry to ask such a silly question, but I just want to try and avoid any unnecessary hassles.
Its not a silly question. Enjoy the party!
Old 08-22-2018, 10:32 AM   #9
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Thanks, everyone!

Not a silly question - it's odd that it still reads that way. We haven't picked up paper party tickets in years! Just scan your band and go.

The one thing to watch, however, is your access point. If you have AP's, it will not matter. If you have MYW tickets, however, you want to make sure you enter through the gate specifically intended for the party so that the system snags your party ticket and not one of your MYW days. We never had the issue (we had AP's), but I have read of others getting caught up in this.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:44 AM   #10
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

I thought there was a separate MNSSHP lane so that wristbands could be given out as party tickets were verified. Has that changed?

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote