home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-05-2019, 03:57 PM   #1
Nickys
Grand Villa

Default Passholder SW:GE Previews - more info

Not too much detail but at least you can make sure everything is lined up ready, if you qualify of course:

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...s-previews.htm

Here’s the passholder info page, although it’s a bit difficult to read:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en...gram/specials/
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 04:48 PM   #2
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Not too much detail but at least you can make sure everything is lined up ready, if you qualify of course:

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...s-previews.htm

Hereís the passholder info page, although itís a bit difficult to read:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en...gram/specials/
It's maddening that they even put out more another empty message with almost no information about the process or dates. But my family is all platinum right now and will be there, so I'll just have to wait it out. I wish they'd just do the registration for the dates they are confident about, and then open up more leading up to it if things get wrapped up early.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 05:42 PM   #3
Kreis76
Studio

I find it weird you can bring a ďguestĒ as long as they are a pass holder too. Doesnít that defeat the purpose of them being a guest.
Kreis76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 05:44 PM   #4
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreis76 View Post
I find it weird you can bring a ďguestĒ as long as they are a pass holder too. Doesnít that defeat the purpose of them being a guest.
I guess it halves the number of people trying to book!

But I canít blame them for this. Itís the best way to stop people profiting from it, otherwise people would be selling tickets on eBay.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 07:32 PM   #5
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

I just wish they would announce something about DVC previews. Either announce that DVC gets a preview and give us the dates so we can plan - or just go ahead and tell us we aren't getting a preview. Just tell me already, one way or another!

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:10 PM   #6
Funindaesoon
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Stupid question, but Iím a PP AP holder as are my three kids- but from the way itís reading, Iím assuming Iíd only be able to register myself and my favorite child? 😬
Funindaesoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 12:08 AM   #7
Crafty
Grand Villa

Am I the only one irked by this whole thing?

Okay, I have a LOT of money invested in DVC. I am also a gold pass holder.

Apparently, neither of those things is enough for me to get a look at SWGE.

Premier pass holders get a perk and DVC members do not? An AP is a one year commitment to Disney. A DVC membership is a long term commitment to Disney. Also, a significantly larger investment. Why give the perks to the AP holders? And not DVC?

As a gold pass holder, I am apparently a second class citizen to Disney. The constant differentiation by how much money you spend is beginning to grate on me. Not just in relation to SWGE.

That rant is now over. We will take advantage of the EEMH to try to see SWGE. For myself, I donít care if I ever see it. Just sayin.....
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 08:54 AM   #8
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post

Premier pass holders get a perk and DVC members do not? An AP is a one year commitment to Disney. A DVC membership is a long term commitment to Disney. Also, a significantly larger investment. Why give the perks to the AP holders? And not DVC?

As a gold pass holder, I am apparently a second class citizen to Disney. The constant differentiation by how much money you spend is beginning to grate on me. Not just in relation to SWGE.

That rant is now over. We will take advantage of the EEMH to try to see SWGE. For myself, I don’t care if I ever see it. Just sayin.....
Nice rant with valid POI. Not irked - Disney's trying to make GE special to re-coop their investment. It was my choice to purchase Gold AP's - frankly, I don't see this as an incentive to purchase a PAP.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:16 AM   #9
jphillips716
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post

That rant is now over. We will take advantage of the EEMH to try to see SWGE. For myself, I donít care if I ever see it. Just sayin.....
I agree. There should be a DVC preview available for as much as we invest into them.
jphillips716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 10:46 AM   #10
MMC1
Grand Villa

It is hard to believe they are not offering the first preview to DVC members only and think it should be direct sales. This would give them free publicity for all the wonderful perks of ownership. Haha
Personally I am trying to not be exasperated by anything anymore since a FP even does not have value. It will probably rain or the ride will go down as it is my turn to enter or they will issue more FPS to create false illusion of short lines.... No guarantees in DisneyLife.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote