home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-06-2018, 02:20 PM   #71
dvf_diva
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMom View Post
I didn't realize it would sell out (the opening to non-resort guests on the 20th lead me to believe it was not expected to sell out so fast), so I'm glad I kept at it.
I too am super shocked that it sold out so quickly give that AK MM was much easier to book. I suspect (hope) they hold a few spots for off-site guests calling in on the 20th!

We had a problem with our DVC reservation (wrong guest name AGAIN despite my having called in twice already to correct it), so our ressie number did not match the member ID of person we ideally wanted to book the MM tickets under. Thus, I still had to call in at 930a to try and get that rectified. VRU by then already stated July 16th EPCOT event sold out and wait time was still 45 min for anything that MS could help with. Sold out in under 30 min. For such a huge park. I was speechless. And I never got through to MS so I have to call again either tonight or tomorrow.

May 2019 BCV/VGF
June 2019 BWV/GF/VGF
Aug 2019 Celebrity Eclipse to Alaska
Oct 2019 Disney Magic DVC Member Cruise -- waitlist
Nov 2019 BLT
Jan 2020 AKL
June 2020 BLT/Disney Fantasy Southern Caribbean
dvf_diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 02:21 PM   #72
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

It is funny, these events. If they are spur of the moment everyone complains they should be announced further out. Now that a Zillion members made extra reservations to attend they can't get in and will cancel the reservations.

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD13DD10
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 02:28 PM   #73
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Remember that all the summer ones are the ones selling out so quickly. What happens in the summer? Kids are out of school! When I called for MM at TL, the CM told me that the ones in the summer always sell out quickly because kids aren't in school. The ones that go on during the school year will have less that can attend unless they take their kids out of school which we can't all do all the time despite our best efforts. All of the MM dates for HS are when school is back in session. Even the one in October is when school is in session. Most kids have off the following Monday or the following week for fall break and not that week. I would guess that Wednesday, October 3rd, is typically a slower time before the Columbus Day/Fall Breakers show up mostly on Friday, October 5th. Same thing for the September dates.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:35 PM   #74
Treeguy
One Bedroom

I was watching the timer on the e-mail. I figured once the timer stopped, there would be a button to hit to go to the website. Nope. it just said expired. Had to rush to the DVC website to get things rolling. Once on there, I did get quite a few error pages, but I just kept hitting the back button until it went through. Signed up 9 of us staying in a grand villa at OKW. Went to the Typhoon Lagoon last year or 2 years ago and had a great time. Wondering if the countries are going to have any special things for us.
[/url]Every red-blooded American knows that the only condiment that you are ever supposed to put on a hamburger is KETCHUP! Or MAYBE some of that SPECIAL SAUCE you like so much here in Canada; which I think has a little bit of mayonnaise in it too! But I swear to God when they start slapping that mayonnaise on there I could kill somebody.
Jimmy 'The Tulip' Tudeski 'The Whole Nine Yards'

Treeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 02:54 PM   #75
pdude81
Grand Villa

Summer makes some sense as a reason, although within 2 months of a booking date DVC is typically completely booked.

Other factors at play:
- There may be less capacity since it's just Future World and Frozen rather than a bunch of rides at Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom.
- They may have left a higher percentage tickets for those who didn't have a preexisting reservation based on the number of people who showed up versus what was expected in the past.
- Magic Kingdom Fireworks were an hour before the party started, but at Epcot they will start Illuminations at 9 for all the people still in the park while this party is supposed to start at 9:30. That alone may limit the number of people they think can be allowed to enter in the evening
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:49 PM   #76
CAS9RN3
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel's Sister View Post
Is anyone else canceling a reservation because they were shut out? I had a dental procedure this morning and tried at 11am. Just confirmed with MS that both were sold out, but the guy sounded very sorry....Iím going to cancel the extra days that I added on to attend.
MaryJane
No way, I would never plan our vacation around a Moonlight Magic event, although some do. When the dates came out earlier in the year, I said to my husband 'Oh, look, they are having this while we are there. I'm going to see if I can get us in!'. So, it's a bonus for us that it is held while we are there.
CAS9RN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:52 PM   #77
CAS9RN3
Studio

@MMC1 I agree with you. I guess I was under the misunderstanding that the initial booking event was for only guests staying on points. I am reading that people not even staying in a DVC unit were able to register. Good for them and I must have misunderstood.

I reread the site and it says this: Initial Registration Window
This initial registration window for this event is open to Members with existing Resort reservations—booked prior to Monday, June 4, 2018—at the Walt Disney World Resort or at Disney's Vero Beach Resort.

The initial registration window opens on Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time. Event registration opens to all Members on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time.

Maybe I'm thinking about when we signed up 2 years ago for TL. No matter, sorry for those that didn't get in, happy for those that did.

Last edited by CAS9RN3; 06-06-2018 at 04:01 PM.
CAS9RN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:10 PM   #78
helenekb
One Bedroom

The early bird gets the worm. I tried to book the July 16th Epcot event at 9:20 (7:20 am MST) and it was sold out.

This will not make or break our trip. It was just the first time DVC has ever held one of these when we had a trip planned.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
~Walt Disney
helenekb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:25 PM   #79
Lolaura84
Studio

Does anyone know if the qualifying reservation needs to be the night of the event? I have a split stay over the October HS date, moving the day of the event. I know that the first leg of the split stay I will stay with that reservation, but I am waitlisted and watching for availability to stay somewhere different for the second half. I've heard that if I cancel the stay reservation I will lose the Moonlight Magic reservation, so I'd prefer to use the confirmation number from the first half if that will work.
Lolaura84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:32 PM   #80
Disneycat
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I signed up at 9:05. I had to use the back button once and then got in. We just happen to be staying during the August MM event. I was very excited and no one else seemed to care in my family. Wait till I tell them how fast it sold out.
Disneycat is offline   Reply With Quote