home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-06-2018, 05:09 PM   #81
JaneBanks
One Bedroom

That was a mess.
Didn't get in, too many issues, and by the time I did get through it was sold out.

I will keep checking back for any openings, and keep my fingers crossed for no issues on the 20th.

Booking last year for Typhoon Lagoon was a breeze.
JaneBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:18 PM   #82
dvf_diva
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
How could they have filled capacity for both dates within the first hour...plus allowed cash reservation/nonDVC to register????
They had that much activity on their site and it did not crash???
Miracle! Not likely. Something is screwy .
not even an hour, but 30 minutes and the VRU was already announcing July was filled. it did not say August was full, though.
how fast it filled makes me think that they set aside some spots for 6/20. Least they can do.
Hopefully, people will give up spots they can't use.

And eligible DVC members with cash reservations were on equal footing with those that have points reservations. I don't know if non-DVC were allowed to register...

May 2019 BCV/VGF
June 2019 BWV/GF/VGF
Aug 2019 Celebrity Eclipse to Alaska
Oct 2019 Disney Magic DVC Member Cruise -- waitlist
Nov 2019 BLT
Jan 2020 AKL
June 2020 BLT/Disney Fantasy Southern Caribbean
dvf_diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:55 PM   #83
sherryberry
Grand Villa

Just damn, I didnít realize this sold out so quick. We booked Fort Wilderness a while back during that week because I really wanted to get down there and check out Toy Story Land before our September trip. I figured I would just book it after work (canít get on internet on my phone, at work) but that was my mistake. Oh well, we still have an annual pass and these events are still a bit too crowded for me. The lines are still pretty long and we donít do characters. We usually just have some of the free food and walk around, lol. Weíll ride something if the wait isnít too long. I might try on June 20, but if I canít get in itís no big deal. Iím just shocked at how quick it sold out!
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:05 PM   #84
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvf_diva View Post
not even an hour, but 30 minutes and the VRU was already announcing July was filled. it did not say August was full, though.
how fast it filled makes me think that they set aside some spots for 6/20. Least they can do.
Hopefully, people will give up spots they can't use.

And eligible DVC members with cash reservations were on equal footing with those that have points reservations. I don't know if non-DVC were allowed to register...
no shot.

Just to keep the conversation going I think the amount of guests allowed is ridiculous. But let's be honest, it's not about the members, it's about selling new points, IMO.

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD13DD10
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:58 PM   #85
Spartan86
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvf_diva View Post
This does not bode well for my October trip.
I have read a couple of accounts today of folks on cash reservations booking successfully online. So, I guess you work your computer with one hand and your phone with the other. Book online and get in the phone queue simultaneously just in case. Best of luck!

Last edited by Spartan86; 06-07-2018 at 08:29 AM.
Spartan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:14 PM   #86
MMC1
Grand Villa

Before Disney sends out the confirm email , they should be checking that the guests actually have a resort reservation according to their rules. If guests are not DVC or have cash reservations , seems even more insulting to the resale members that are not included for perks, etc. What about all those other restrictions for these member events. I thought Disney was trying to limit people that have attended many of these free events.
With my luck it would probably have had a terrible thunderstorm and been cancelled. I guess you can all be glad I didn't get signed up. I used to attend the Halloween parties & those Pirate Princess Parties,etc. Seemed like it always stormed.
Hope you all have a fun moonlit night.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:42 AM   #87
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolaura84 View Post
Does anyone know if the qualifying reservation needs to be the night of the event? I have a split stay over the October HS date, moving the day of the event. I know that the first leg of the split stay I will stay with that reservation, but I am waitlisted and watching for availability to stay somewhere different for the second half. I've heard that if I cancel the stay reservation I will lose the Moonlight Magic reservation, so I'd prefer to use the confirmation number from the first half if that will work.
The reservation needs to cover the night of the party and not check out earlier that day
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:44 AM   #88
pdude81
Grand Villa

I honestly can't believe these went so fast. Just be ready with your member numbers in 2 weeks if you want to get in on round 2
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:59 AM   #89
dvf_diva
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
With my luck it would probably have had a terrible thunderstorm and been cancelled. I guess you can all be glad I didn't get signed up. I used to attend the Halloween parties & those Pirate Princess Parties,etc. Seemed like it always stormed.
You're so totally right! It was TORRENTIAL downpour for the latest AK event, and it didn't prevent people from showing up anyway.

We arrived at the park between 730/8p and the guests fleeing AK in the rain looked at us like we were insane, trying to ENTER the park at that time and in that weather. LOL

We lucked out in that the rain did stop by about 9p, but if it had continued to rain, it wouldn't have been a big deal -- we ended up inside the FoP for over 90+ min (posted wait time was 60). I think the rain stopping did mean that rides that EE and stuff were able to run for the event, which was very nice.

May 2019 BCV/VGF
June 2019 BWV/GF/VGF
Nov 2019 BLT
Jan 2020 AKL
Old 06-07-2018, 09:03 AM   #90
dvf_diva
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolaura84 View Post
Does anyone know if the qualifying reservation needs to be the night of the event? I have a split stay over the October HS date, moving the day of the event. I know that the first leg of the split stay I will stay with that reservation, but I am waitlisted and watching for availability to stay somewhere different for the second half. I've heard that if I cancel the stay reservation I will lose the Moonlight Magic reservation, so I'd prefer to use the confirmation number from the first half if that will work.
This is what CM told me; we have an SSR studio and were considering moving to two rooms elsewhere on property to accommodate more people. CM said that if we modified our existing reservation to another DVC unit, the ressie number would be able to be retained and out EPCOT MM ressie would not get cancelled. If we have a waitlist come thru that replaces this SSR ressie, we would lose our MM tickets. Then if we booked rooms ANYWHERE elsewhere on property and cancelled this studio, we would again lose our EPCOT MM tickets.

I thought it was weird that they could not just swap in a new reservation number for my existing one if I decided to change resorts.

So you have until Aug 30 for that WL to come thru. Best of luck!!

May 2019 BCV/VGF
June 2019 BWV/GF/VGF
Nov 2019 BLT
Jan 2020 AKL