home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-09-2018, 02:45 PM   #1
beachclubmum
One Bedroom

Default Anyone else doing the Wine and Dine in November?

DH and I are signed up for the 10k, although after we registered I wished we done the 5k instead, just for a change of pace and to run thru AK.

Upcoming races after that include the Princess, plus SW half marathon with a group of friends, husbands and wives all running.

I've lost 28 pounds since June and training hard, hoping weight loss will let me post better times. Looking forward to an "eat anything" celebratory meal when the race is over!
beachclubmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 03:03 PM   #2
MamaB24
Two Bedroom

No Wine & Dine, but I just signed DH and myself up for the SW Half in April. First RunDisney and half for us both. Planning on the A Christmas Story 10k in December, so he can post a time. Excited for the races!

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:58 PM   #3
beachclubmum
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaB24 View Post
No Wine & Dine, but I just signed DH and myself up for the SW Half in April. First RunDisney and half for us both. Planning on the A Christmas Story 10k in December, so he can post a time. Excited for the races!

That's terrific MamaB24!
I haven't heard if the Christmas a Story run..will have to look it up. Can imagine runners dressed up like a leg lamp!

Have you considered adding on the virtual run? Then you can earn the Kessel Run Millenial Falcon medal when you complete the SW half at WDW. Only $69. more for the coolest medal around and you get to avoid the trip out to California to earn it...just need to complete a half on your own the first part of the year.
beachclubmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 05:02 PM   #4
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Nope. We did it the last year that it was a nighttime race. I can understand why they changed it (weather) but, with that, it's become just another daytime overpriced, overcrowded Disney race.

We were there at this time last year expecting the night race before they made a sudden change, so I did get to run several laps around the Boardwalk with the runners during a training run, and that was nice. But different visit times this year.

Besides, with a half two weeks ago, one today and 3 more coming up (in addition to 2 10Ks) we have enough races for the rest of the year

Cheers.