home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-04-2019, 06:57 AM   #11
beachclubmum
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
My grandfather drank a shot of Wild Turkey every day. He lived to be 98 years old. We all felt that shot a day was one of those things that helped give him his long life.

Until yesterday I didn't even know what Wild Turkey was. But today I feel a kinship to your grandfather. Cheers to him!
beachclubmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 06:58 AM   #12
beachclubmum
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeli View Post
Maybe we will run into you guys. Where are you staying?

We planned a semi-last minute trip for this coming weekend. We are staying at the Swan (edited from Gaylord Palms). We will most probably be doing either MK and/or Epcot on Saturday and depending on the weather AK on Sunday...after we go and look at some possible vacation homes.
Awesome! Staying at BWV and one set of friends at the Swan (or is the Dolphin?). Anyway, would love to run into another MO.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:12 PM   #13
beachclubmum
One Bedroom

So much for live trip report. Here are the highlights:

Ran the race, died of heat, finished but my times were toast. Totally worth it to get the coveted Millennium Falcon medal though!

By that night, (after racing in the morning), I hit an all time record on my fitbit. 52k steps and 22 miles logged.

BWV room on the village green...first time in that location and found it very enjoyable.

Had a blast touring with our friends and making sure everyone had a good time with the FP system. Took them to TOTWL for fireworks one night and to the Epcot DVC lounge one afternoon---both were a hit. Lots of photopass pictures too.

TS brunch at Chef Mickey after the race. No complaints on the food and great for strolling over to MK afterward.

TS dinner with Snow White. Friends' dd thought it was great, as did the moms. One dad was rolling his eyes.

After everyone else had left we had half a day at HS. My youngest wanted to do the Jedi Training before aging out, so that was top of the list. FP Star Tours and Slinky Dog. In between, we noticed that the new Cars show was open and did that. Enjoyed something new and different. We also had FP to RnR and decided we didn't feel like riding so found 3 people who were
just entering the standby line and offered to scan them in to the FP line. It's always fun to give pixie dust to someone and the little girl gave me the nicest thank you!

Ate at ABC Commissary and headed home to contractors working in the house this week. Reality is always a hard adjustment after Disney!
Old 04-11-2019, 08:35 PM   #14
bigbahamadada
Grand Villa

Congrats on the race.

I was there for the challenge and really enjoyed it. But the best part was the guilt-free trip to the Cali Grill Sunday brunch after the half. Definitely motivation to power to the finish line . . .
bigbahamadada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:47 PM   #15
beachclubmum
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbahamadada View Post
Congrats on the race.

I was there for the challenge and really enjoyed it. But the best part was the guilt-free trip to the Cali Grill Sunday brunch after the half. Definitely motivation to power to the finish line . . .
VERY IMPRESSIVE on the Challenge! Congrats! Hope your brunch included a celebratory glass of bubbles too.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:14 PM   #16
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachclubmum View Post
So much for live trip report. Here are the highlights:

Ran the race, died of heat, finished but my times were toast. Totally worth it to get the coveted Millennium Falcon medal though!

By that night, (after racing in the morning), I hit an all time record on my fitbit. 52k steps and 22 miles logged.

BWV room on the village green...first time in that location and found it very enjoyable.

Had a blast touring with our friends and making sure everyone had a good time with the FP system. Took them to TOTWL for fireworks one night and to the Epcot DVC lounge one afternoon---both were a hit. Lots of photopass pictures too.

TS brunch at Chef Mickey after the race. No complaints on the food and great for strolling over to MK afterward.

TS dinner with Snow White. Friends' dd thought it was great, as did the moms. One dad was rolling his eyes.

After everyone else had left we had half a day at HS. My youngest wanted to do the Jedi Training before aging out, so that was top of the list. FP Star Tours and Slinky Dog. In between, we noticed that the new Cars show was open and did that. Enjoyed something new and different. We also had FP to RnR and decided we didn't feel like riding so found 3 people who were
just entering the standby line and offered to scan them in to the FP line. It's always fun to give pixie dust to someone and the little girl gave me the nicest thank you!

Ate at ABC Commissary and headed home to contractors working in the house this week. Reality is always a hard adjustment after Disney!

Sounds great, except for the heat. Congratulations on the race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbahamadada View Post
Congrats on the race.

Ooh, wonderful choice for post-race reward. Congratulations on the races!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:09 AM   #17
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
It was smoking hot over the weekend, especially coming from the north. Too hot, too fast for us too. Congrats on the MF medal.....lol!

Quote:
Wow!!! I am not a runner, but do wear a fitbit. I am happy every day that I break 10,000 steps in a day! How did your feet fell after all those steps?

Quote:
We enjoy playing tour guide with our friends and family. Its a lot of work, but makes for a better trip for them.

Quote:
I need to book this meal before Disney ruins it. I keeping reading such good reviews of the dining experience, plus Snow White is my favorite.....Walt's First.

Quote:
After everyone else had left we had half a day at HS. My youngest wanted to do the Jedi Training before aging out, so that was top of the list. FP Star Tours and Slinky Dog. In between, we noticed that the new Cars show was open and did that. Enjoyed something new and different. We also had FP to RnR and decided we didn't feel like riding so found 3 people who were just entering the standby line and offered to scan them in to the FP line. It's always fun to give pixie dust to someone and the little girl gave me the nicest thank you!
Good to hear the positive experience for the Racing Academy. We plan on taking our grandsons to see the show in May. Sharing the Pixie Dust.....What a perfect way to end the trip!
Old 04-12-2019, 07:03 AM   #18
melk
Grand Villa

Congrats on your race!

We were there as well. DH and DD did the 5k which was delayed because of a thunderstorm. They were soaked but at least they didnít have the brutal heat. But it was a first for them and they really enjoyed it.
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:39 AM   #19
eandjmom
One Bedroom

Congratulations on running your race!! I am not a runner and am always in awe of people like you that can run that far!!

I'm glad you were able to enjoy the Snow White dinner! We loved it when we were there the last week of March!!
eandjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:29 PM   #20
beachclubmum
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by melk View Post
Congrats on your race!

We were there as well. DH and DD did the 5k which was delayed because of a thunderstorm. They were soaked but at least they didnít have the brutal heat. But it was a first for them and they really enjoyed it.

It was much later in the day last Friday that I started hearing about the 5k issues. Yikes! Glad they were still in good spirits about it.