home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-15-2019, 09:49 PM   #41
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
It's Disney.... Voting Glitch.
On Cue.

Cheers.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:51 PM   #42
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

So added... http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/eat-to-the-beat-concerts/

Aside from Mark Wills and Sugar Ray we now have Taylor Dayne (meh) and India (who?). I guess we will try to see Sugar Ray and Taylor Dayne.

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Aug 27-30 HHI / Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / June 7-10, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & Sept 4, 2021 NCL Pride of America
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 01:05 PM   #43
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Still waiting for the TBA of Sept. 13-15. And I wish I could be there to see Billy Ocean and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 04:45 PM   #44
wdw1972
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
So added... http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/eat-to-the-beat-concerts/

Aside from Mark Wills and Sugar Ray we now have Taylor Dayne (meh) and India (who?). I guess we will try to see Sugar Ray and Taylor Dayne.
I was booked for the weekend of Oct 4th, waiting to see who the concert performers would be. Taylor Dayne is fine, but never heard of India and after looking her up, have no desire to suffer through sweaty crowded days to see her - so I canceled. No doubt somebody was happy when their BWV waitlist came through ;-)

wdw1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 07:19 PM   #45
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw1972 View Post
I was booked for the weekend of Oct 4th, waiting to see who the concert performers would be. Taylor Dayne is fine, but never heard of India and after looking her up, have no desire to suffer through sweaty crowded days to see her - so I canceled. No doubt somebody was happy when their BWV waitlist came through ;-)
Yes, I bet someone got a surprise waitlist email. Those dates are gone so it must have went to the WL.

Hate to say but I think they need to cut back the lengths of the festivals and aim to get some better concerts. They just have too many slots to fill year round now.

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Aug 27-30 HHI / Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / June 7-10, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & Sept 4, 2021 NCL Pride of America
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 08:27 PM   #46
wdw1972
Grand Villa

I agree - between the older acts dying off, and the festival getting longer, we end up with too many acts that are not of interest to us "seasoned" guests. I much prefer the bands from the 60's and 70's...beyond that I'm usually not interested at all. Unfortunately bands that performed back then may not be alive today...due to age and/or lifestyle choices!

I do like the lineup for Flower & Garden better, mainly because they book more of the oldtimers.

wdw1972 is offline   Reply With Quote