home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-21-2019, 12:43 AM   #171
uwdude
One Bedroom

Sam's would probably sell you the voucher, but once you got to the parks to activate it they would ask for ID. Or if you were trying to add it to MDE it would ask you to change your address or something, since you are not registered as a FL resident in there.
uwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:39 AM   #172
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkg711 View Post
Sam's is also selling the Gold AP under the Florida pass section. The Sam's price is actually lower than the old Disney price.

Any thoughts or experiences out there about a DVC member (with benefits), but not a Florida resident having success buying and being able to use this pass?
You must be able to prove FL residency if you purchase that particular pass. The CM can't active it as a DVC Member pass since it's coded in the ticket system as a FL resident pass.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:01 PM   #173
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Ok. Here is our scenario: Our AP's expired a couple of weeks ago. We are within the 30 day period where we can renew. Since our passes will be active as of early June, will they grandfather us into those prices, or are we stuck with the new prices? I am on the fence about renewing. I was looking at the cost of 5-day tickets for January, and I had a bit of sticker shock and am weighing options. You buy an annual pass for one year, and you lose touch with MYW prices.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:06 PM   #174
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
Our AP's expired a couple of weeks ago. We are within the 30 day period where we can renew. Since our passes will be active as of early June, will they grandfather us into those prices, or are we stuck with the new prices?
No grandfathering. If you renew after the rate increase, you pay the higher renewal rate.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:08 PM   #175
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
No grandfathering. If you renew after the rate increase, you pay the higher renewal rate.
Ugh. Thanks. It's what I figured, but it never hurts to ask. It looks like MYW tickets will be significantly cheaper for us after that price increase.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:01 PM   #176
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

I haven't read all the responses, but I was writing to MS about another issue and was about to make a comment on this issue. I started to say perhaps members wouldn't go to the park quite as often, and stopped. That may be precisely what they want. Although the ticket price is high, it is peanuts compared to the day ticket price. They make more off day tickets and we just clog up the park.
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote